Liverpool's next signing!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby benf » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:19 pm

Liverpool's next signing after benayoun and Babel (hopefully) looks to be swedish winger Christian wihelmsson.
eurosport.com
benf

Postby lfcseb » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:25 pm

that is interesting ben. do you know for how much?
lfcseb

Postby tubby » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:52 pm

Is he any good? What team does he play for but most importantly are there any youtube videos that will automatically make him a good player? :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:57 pm

Christian wihelmsson isnt bad but not really what we need.  He is at Nantes at the moment.  Really stuggled last year and then went to Roma on loan.  He didnt do bad there and I thought they might of signed him on a perm deal but didnt happen.
puroresu

Postby aCe' » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:58 pm

OH HELL NO !

no no no no no no no no no no no no !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:09 pm

Another so called squad player...?

YaY !!!
Elchris

Postby inglis5 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:12 pm

I'm sorry but where on eurosport.com does it say anything about this player?
inglis5

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:15 pm

puroresu wrote:Christian wihelmsson isnt bad but not really what we need.  He is at Nantes at the moment.  Really stuggled last year and then went to Roma on loan.  He didnt do bad there and I thought they might of signed him on a perm deal but didnt happen.

Yeh overall decent, he has good skills on the ball, but no the type of player we are looking for.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:00 pm

The number of English clubs interested in Swedish winger Christian Wilhelmsson is now two, his agent has confirmed to skysports.com.

The Nantes star is locked in talks about his future and at the moment, the race for his signature now appears to be down to two Premier League clubs - after up to four clubs were known to be interested earlier this month.

Both Middlesbrough and Manchester City have been strongly linked with the Nantes winger, but it is not known if either one of the clubs are currently holding talks.

"Nothing is decided yet, but we are currently talking to two teams from England," Fabio Alho told skysports.com.

"But whatever happens, the teams need to speak to Nantes."

Wilhelmsson is available for a fee believed to be not much more than £2million and Alho admits his charge seems to represent something of a bargain in the current transfer market.

"He does appear quite cheap for a player of his quality," added Alho.

"He has played over 40 times for his country and is still only 27."

Alho confirmed that at the moment, his client looks like heading for England.

"Yes at the moment the interest is from England, but Christian is open to all interest and it is my job to put that to him so no matter where that is, we would consider it," he said.
puroresu

Postby Wilhelmsson » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:10 pm

Wilhelmsson has struggled at Nantes and Roma where he spent all of last season, a lack of games and some personal issues hampered the possible progression in his career. I’m not entirely sure whether Chippen is the right player for Liverpool.

A club with the stature of Liverpool, will not suit Chippen, he’s a good player, but he is not someone who would cope well playing for such an illustrious club. At £2m he is a snip and should be bought, but I wouldn’t expect much from him at all. He would effectively just be another squad player. 

Chippen should sign for a club like Man City, who seem to have a bright future ahead where he can become an influential footballer in the team. He’s a talented player, he has the tricks, the skill and the intelligence, he has proved this time after time, but his mentality is not what Benitez wants. The reason he struggled at Nantes and Roma is because he suffered from a culture clash and Roma in particular did not extract his strengths.

It’s nice to have a Swede connected with Liverpool, but Chippen just isn’t good enough.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby puroresu » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:12 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:Wilhelmsson has struggled at Nantes and Roma where he spent all of last season, a lack of games and some personal issues hampered the possible progression in his career. I'm not entirely sure whether Chippen is the right player for Liverpool.

A club with the stature of Liverpool, will not suit Chippen, he's a good player, but he is not someone who would cope well playing for such an illustrious club. At £2m he is a snip and should be bought, but I wouldn't expect much from him at all. He would effectively just be another squad player. 

Chippen should sign for a club like Man City, who seem to have a bright future ahead where he can become an influential footballer in the team. He's a talented player, he has the tricks, the skill and the intelligence, he has proved this time after time, but his mentality is not what Benitez wants. The reason he struggled at Nantes and Roma is because he suffered from a culture clash and Roma in particular did not extract his strengths.

It's nice to have a Swede connected with Liverpool, but Chippen just isn't good enough.

I would take Ibrahomivic though.  He was fantastic last season for Inter.  Back to his best!!
puroresu

Postby Wilhelmsson » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:20 pm

He is a good player and has become vital for both club and country; however I am not sure the English Premiership appeals to him. He seems content with life in Italy with Inter who seem to be going up in the world.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:57 pm

Liverpool's next signing for me, will either be Simao or Heinze
Last edited by El Nino_#9 on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cpc4eva » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:49 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:Liverpool's next signing for me, will either be Simao or Heinze

agree.... cant see anyone else on the list of rumors that looks as they are coming to anfield....

id like to see quaresma but i dont think he will the asking price maybe the stumbling block as weve spent over 40million aleady but weve recouped 20 of it .... so then again maybe the money isnt the problem ?

i think we will get simao as heinze has offers from italy and madrid and just cant see manure selling heinze to us

next signing will probably be concluded by next week i reckon...
cpc4eva

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:55 pm

Manhattan thinks it's awesome that Christian Wilhelmsson is signing for Liverpool.

His book was great.

I love Princess Ariel.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion