New liverpool signing - Another goalkeeper

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:27 pm

Levski Sofia goalkeeper Mihaylov joins Liverpool
SOFIA, June 27 (Reuters) - Bulgaria under-21 international goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov has joined English Premier League club Liverpool from Bulgarian champions Levski Sofia, Levski said on Wednesday.
Mihaylov, son of Bulgarian Football Union president Borislav Mihaylov, signed a three-year contract with an option for a further two years.
"I have no words," Mihaylov told Bulgarian sports Web site www.sportal.bg after passing a medical examination in Liverpool. "This is the greatest moment of my life."
Mihaylov, who turns 19 on Thursday, made his senior international debut in a 5-1 defeat by Scotland in the Kirin Cup in Japan last May.
He was in the Levski squad in the Champions League group stages last year.

Rafa seems to like signing goalkeepers , we seem to sign a couple every year. Letting 5 in against Scotland may be cause for concern  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:38 pm

s@int wrote:Levski Sofia goalkeeper Mihaylov joins Liverpool
SOFIA, June 27 (Reuters) - Bulgaria under-21 international goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov has joined English Premier League club Liverpool from Bulgarian champions Levski Sofia, Levski said on Wednesday.
Mihaylov, son of Bulgarian Football Union president Borislav Mihaylov, signed a three-year contract with an option for a further two years.
"I have no words," Mihaylov told Bulgarian sports Web site www.sportal.bg after passing a medical examination in Liverpool. "This is the greatest moment of my life."
Mihaylov, who turns 19 on Thursday, made his senior international debut in a 5-1 defeat by Scotland in the Kirin Cup in Japan last May.
He was in the Levski squad in the Champions League group stages last year.

Rafa seems to like signing goalkeepers , we seem to sign a couple every year. Letting 5 in against Scotland may be cause for concern  :D

:laugh:

I wonder if Rafa's got a little sidelight business going in young keepers.  Buy up all of Europe's young keepers to drive up demand and then sell them at a huge mark-up a little at a time.  Hell, it worked for de Beers! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:43 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQyvOAN_zkY

i hope i got the wrong keeper here

:O
maypaxvobiscum

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:49 pm

Oh Sh!t !

Postby red37 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:51 pm

"I have no words"

crikey thats a good start! Wait til Carra gets hold of yer.

btw I hope he doesn't he wear a wig as well?

Its lovely and nice and all that, to see these young 'propects' come in - you'd be forgiven for thinking we are set fair for the next ten years or so.  But, it is very much the here and now that concerns me. Even allowing for FT, (should he take the plunge) that is still someway short of the requirement. Unless we fancy 3rd place again.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:51 pm

omg! i didnt get the wrong one!

hang on

there is more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGSpl3sWRcA&NR=1
maypaxvobiscum

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:58 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:omg! i didnt get the wrong one!

hang on

there is more

Yeah but anyone can look good on youtube  :D

:down:

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:09 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:omg! i didnt get the wrong one!

hang on

there is more

Christ on a bike...is his first name Sieve?  ???   I may have to amend my faith in Rafa's eye for talent!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:12 pm

like s@int has hinted, this has given a whole new meaning to ''everybody looks good on youtube''.

:D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby El Kot » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:26 pm

This is a day of celebration for all Levski fans - we finally offloaded the jerk. :D
Seriously, he has the makings of a great GK - size, agility, reflexes. His problem in Levski was that he's a spoiled brat (daddy's son), and he was too fond of nightclubs and girls. If he can be scared into discipline, he'll make it.
El Kot

Postby weringo » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:31 pm

El Kot wrote:This is a day of celebration for all Levski fans - we finally offloaded the jerk. :D
Seriously, he has the makings of a great GK - size, agility, reflexes. His problem in Levski was that he's a spoiled brat (daddy's son), and he was too fond of nightclubs and girls. If he can be scared into discipline, he'll make it.

Well this is reassuring
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby Levski_Sofia_Ultras » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:41 pm

Nikolay Mihaylov is born in 28 june 1988 in Sofia. He has been a juvenile of Levski and has played only for this team. At the very his career beginning the all put great hopefulnesses to work It reaches father Borislav Mihaylov that is record - breaker of engagements in the national team of Bulgaria for himself. Nikolay is a third generation-a goalkeeper from family Mihaylov. Biser Mihaylow, its grandfather, is a goalkeeper to Levski in the years from 1961 to 1974. The son to Biser, Borislav has played with the blue outfit in the 80's . His son, there are only several matches for senior team of Levski though. With the team he played in the Champion's league as well, where he though allowed three goals against Werder and was removed on the halftime.

Sorry for my bad English 

???  :down:
Last edited by Levski_Sofia_Ultras on Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Levski_Sofia_Ultras

Postby Levskara » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:52 pm

Well it is true that he wadst much liked after the Werder game...but all the negativeness towards him from us the Levski fans is as El Kot said...because he is the son of the President of the Bulgarian Football Union, and he didnt take football as seriously because he thought he could do anything, since his father is THE PRESIDENT! Every night he used to go to clubs and stay there until 4/5 am, drinking and going out with different chicks every time...he is a typical "Playboy"!
Although...it is true and obvious he has great physique and he is incredible talent, thats for sure. For 19 yr old...he has amazing abilities. Im saying this from watching him at practice and few matches....he is great talent, but his only problem that stops him from showing his hug potential is his discipline! Now that he is at Liverpool, far away from his dad, I hope he starts thinking only about football. If he does, Im pretty sure ull all see what he's capable of...and trust me u wont regret it!

Cheers
Levskara

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:57 pm

Levskara wrote:Well it is true that he wadst much liked after the Werder game...but all the negativeness towards him from us the Levski fans is as El Kot said...because he is the son of the President of the Bulgarian Football Union, and he didnt take football as seriously because he thought he could do anything, since his father is THE PRESIDENT! Every night he used to go to clubs and stay there until 4/5 am, drinking and going out with different chicks every time...he is a typical "Playboy"!
Although...it is true and obvious he has great physique and he is incredible talent, thats for sure. For 19 yr old...he has amazing abilities. Im saying this from watching him at practice and few matches....he is great talent, but his only problem that stops him from showing his hug potential is his discipline! Now that he is at Liverpool, far away from his dad, I hope he starts thinking only about football. If he does, Im pretty sure ull all see what he's capable of...and trust me u wont regret it!

Cheers

Keep this lad the f.uck away from Pennant!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Interstate60 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:00 pm

The best "highlights" in Nikolay Mihaylov's marvelous, glorious and brilliant career so far...

Beroe - Levski 4:4
Levski create chances with training match-like ease, but on the other end, Beroe's rare attacks are almost 100% efficient, thanks to Mihaylov's performance

Cherno more - Levski 1:1
Congo striker Massena Moque tries a long ranged shot which is going straight above the keeper. Usually you'd think the keeper would just reach his hand and punch it away. Wrong - Nikolay Mihaylov makes a really weird dive which lets the strike get in the back of his net.

Scotland - Bulgaria 5:1
Bulgaria didn't play with their best, but neither did Scotland. Mihaylov appeared in the second half and looked like he doesn't know where's he at.

Auxerre - Levski 2:1
This was the game that set hopes high amongst some Levski fans. He had a couple of good saves, although that was only because the French strikers were shooting right at him.

Levski - Slavia (friendly)
Slavia scored a goal from 40 meters away. 'Nuff said.

Congratulations on your "amazing" signing and pray to all gods that he never gets the chance to appear in the first team ???
Interstate60

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion