New liverpool signing - Another goalkeeper

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rush Job » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:48 am

I just dont understand, who scouted him. It sometimes seems Rafa signs players just for something to do, take this Veronin if thats his name, he's no kid so he will straight into the first team squad, fine but at the expence of who? young talent that badly need and wont the chance to impress. I think i need to stop tryin to understand the boss, no one can second guess Rafa. :p
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:56 am

JoeTerp wrote:Although this GK might not be that good, he isn't a YOUTH signing.  He is 19 so its not like he will be at the academy, he will be training at Melwood, and I am guessing playing in reserve games

I stand corrected. Still, he isn't meant for the first team. And definitely one for the future, regardless of whether Carson stays on goes. If Carson does go, I believe Rafa would sign on one more experienced keeper. We cannot afford NOT to have experienced cover for our keepers.
alxy

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:41 am

LFC2007 wrote:
bigmick wrote:Maybe somebody who knows more about it than me can enlighten us, can you move from the second group (if indeed he is that good) into the first group given experience, or are you permanently sh!te? Time will tell I suppose.

Ask Stu, he will tell all. He knows Agger will never make it and he's 22 so you've got your soothsayer there if you need him  :upside:

:D ... very funny LFC2007

of course goalkeepers improve throughout their career much like defenders do... age 19 is like an infant age for a goalkeeper...

Oliver Kahn only became the first keeper for germany at the age of 30... and in 2002 (age of 33) became the best player of the World Cup...

again it comes down to experience, knowing what to do in different situations, cutting down on errors, confidence, and the ability to exert your presence and the ability to organise and communicate with the defenders up front... all these aspects can improve... of course your natural abilities count too...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Kot » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:51 am

Rush Job wrote:I just dont understand, who scouted him.

From information in the Bulgarian media, it was your GK coach Jose Oxotarena (or however his name is spelled). He noticed him when Mihaylov had tryouts with Bolton during the (Bulgarian) winter break. Actually, Mihaylov was due to sign with Fiorentina this coming Friday, and from media reports that was another reason for Rafa to sign him so instantly.
El Kot

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:24 am

i would rather have seen Sebatian Frey here. But he is young so he has alot of time to learn just have to deal with his playboy lifestyle and ''im the big man's son'' attitude. he can hand over the girls to me while he is training though. :;):
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:27 pm

SOFIA, March 31 (Reuters) - Bulgarian champions Levski Sofia suspended goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov on Saturday after he was photographed outside a club late at night.

Coach Stanimir Stoilov said Levski would be considering the future of the 18-year-old, who is son of Bulgarian Football Union president Borislav Mihaylov, at a meeting on Monday.

"I want to talk to his father as well," said Stoilov. "I want to know if he (Nikolay) really wants to be part of our club.

"I'm fed up with his frivolous behaviour. We gave him so many chances but to be honest, I'm getting tired when I have to force someone to play football."

Last week, Mihaylov was involved in a car crash. The keeper, who made his senior Bulgaria debut last May, escaped unhurt but missed a Levski training session because of the incident.

http://uk.reuters.com/article....ype=RSS
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Levskara » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:44 pm

Nikolay Mihaylov returned today to Sofia with a Blue-Red scarf

With a scarf...at the same time of Liverpool and Levski, appeared today the goalkeeper at the airport, who sensationally signed for Liverpool yesterday.

" I heard that for the new season the free numbers were 1,, 13 and 25 - said the ex Levski goalie on his return, who today becomes 19 years of age. In this case I will pick one of the last two numbers. Monday or Tuesday I'm flying back to Liverpool."

"Im quitting the discos, said also Mihaylov - I'm happy to be at a club like Liverpool, this is a great responsibility."

I translated this from a Bulgarian sports site..http://www.sport1.bg/sport1/node/56720#comment-631592... hope I was helpful ;)

Cheers
Levskara

Postby Interstate60 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:59 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:he can hand over the girls to me while he is training though. :;):

His girlfriend is already pregnant actually  :help
Interstate60

Postby Levskara » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:16 pm

Interstate60 wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:he can hand over the girls to me while he is training though. :;):

His girlfriend is already pregnant actually  :help

Yup thats true :D
Levskara

Postby de3olator » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:09 am

So guys i am Liverpool and Levski fan and i know Mihaylov very well.so he is average goalkeeper with good skills ..But you must be not so critical , Rafa knows what he has to do and if you don't mind remembering it all goalkeepers made such a mistakes-for example Seaman , Barthez , Dudek - all great names but all conceded sometimes stupid goals.....
Last edited by de3olator on Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
de3olator

Postby Richard_Long » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:31 am

To Levskara & the other Bulgarian guy:

Why dont you stop spitting over Mihaylov, allright? I dont like him either, he screwed up quite a lot, but now he is no longer our player so f***in forget it!

Shibano e da si sereme po glavite iz chujdite forumi!

Nevertheless, hope this guy will be of some good use to Liverpool! Cheers...
Last edited by Richard_Long on Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard_Long

Postby red_guy » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:30 am

ooooo we're screwed!!! ??? :(
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby de3olator » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:37 pm

Richard_Long wrote:To Levskara & the other Bulgarian guy:

Why dont you stop spitting over Mihaylov, allright? I dont like him either, he screwed up quite a lot, but now he is no longer our player so f***in forget it!

Shibano e da si sereme po glavite iz chujdite forumi!

Nevertheless, hope this guy will be of some good use to Liverpool! Cheers...

kakto vijdaj az go zajtitavam a ne go pluq..... trqbva da go hvalim nezavisimo ot si4ko....
de3olator

Postby Richard_Long » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:06 pm

red_guy wrote:ooooo we're screwed!!! ??? :(

No, dude, you are not screwed! :D

He is gonna be your THIRD GK if he stays, besides he just turned 19, give him a chance, ok, just keep him away from the pubs & the clubs, otherwise he'll be like :buttrock every week
Richard_Long

Postby d1VaKa » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:22 pm

That guy doesn't stand a chance against Pepe or Carson . He's shitbag
d1VaKa

Location: Tajikistan , tambuktu , lozenetz , irakli , gazim teroristi

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion