Kenny dalglish - If he was manager again?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:55 pm

Dalglish, maybe as a coach but not manager. Leave the management side to Rafa.B

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:03 pm

im been honest here, it seems at times over the last 10years we have been lacking someone to get the team motivated, so i would say keano

Don't get me wrong, they are a good band, but far too young to get into football management.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The MisFit » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:23 pm

Bermenstein wrote:Dont get me wrong, I am behind 100% Benitez.

But Hypothetically speaking, If Benitez walked out tomorrow, and we were manager-less, any Kenny put himself forward for the job, Do you think he could cut it again?

With an older and wiser head on his shoulders?

If not Kenny, who would be you're ideal manager to take the job? Hypothetically speaking.

Nah its been too long, Dalglish has been out of management for nearly 8 years now.
I dont think he would be able to match the likes of Mourinho, Wenger and O'Neill n co now  :alien:
The MisFit

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:39 am

Rafa, Rafa, Rafael, Rafael, Rafael, Rafa, Rafa, Rafael, Rafael Benitez.

Look no further.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:42 am

paul jewell

i would like to see waht he does with quality players
112-1077774096

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:12 pm

peewee wrote:paul jewell

i would like to see waht he does with quality players

so would i...but not at Liverpool  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:05 pm

God forbid we have this debate for real.  Rafa is the man and its October and were not playing well this is hardly a crisis especially if you remember the Souness era.

I cant really think of a replacement and dont want to
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GLB1 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:07 pm

Dare I say... In rafa we trust....   We have one of the best if not the best coach in the world. (Capello, Hiddink??)  To even consider the question would be to forget what Rafa has done already for us in such a short time. Just cos the season has started slow does not mean he has lost the plot.

Who would have ever thought the tortoise would have beaten the hare?

Hypothetically we can still win the title....  Probably... We wont.. But Rome wasn't built in a day and Rafa is definitely the Ceasar to be in the chair once we do....

Anyone who even considers having another coach at this point in time......  PULL YOUR NECK IN !!!!!
GLB1

Postby Big Niall » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:52 pm

Dalglish started the rot at Liverpool. No way I'd want him back as manager.

As for Rafa, all managers go at some stage. Whenever he goes I'd love Martin O'Neill to get the job, he is showing once again his amazing management skills.

Rafa is great in Europe but after two and a half seasons I'm not sure about his domestic competition ability. I despise rotation too. 100 games in a row is pathetic, Wenger is in my opinion the best manager over the last 10 years and you never see him doing it.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:58 pm

Hypothetically, if Benitez walked out tomorrow I'd not be keen on Dalglish.  Didn't make the most of his time in charge of us, he took over a team that was already a class act and when some of those players got the wrong side of 30 he didn't replace them in time.  He had a great spell at Blackburn, but as others have said he had a blank cheque book and despite that they only won one trophy.  He had money to spend at Newcastle and flopped.  He had half a season in charge of Celtic after Barnes left and didn't do enough to gain the confidence of the fans.  Plus now he's been out of football for too long and the modern game has moved on.

I still think Benitez is the man for us, but he's the not the fu.cking messiah that some make out.  He's a talented manager and has delivered success at Valencia and now us, but he won't be considered a great unless he brings us the premiership - and that's a harsh fact.  He makes more good decisions than bad ones, but I'm sure even he'd agree there's room for improvement.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:09 pm

WTF. I dont want Dalglish back as manager but to say he didnt make the most of his time as manager etc is cr*p. Liverpool played their best ever football during his time as manager, he won the double ,could have won it another couple of times with a bit more luck, and bought the best player to grace our pitch since himself in John Barnes. They were top of the league when he left ffs.

His record as manager :-
League champions 85/86, 87/8, 89/90.
Runners up 86/87, 88/89
Fa cup winners 87/88

MANAGER OF THE YEAR 85/86, 87/88, 89/90 He was also manager of the year with Blackburn.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Big Niall » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:51 pm

Dalglish is a legend obviously but his managerial time here shows that he took over the best team in the country but by the time he left Arsenal (under George Graham) were the best team.

The defensive side of the team was crumbling and he got out just before the collapse.

Still a legend though.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:52 pm

John Craig's post is spot on.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:29 pm

Boll*cks, if Arsenal were so good why did Liverpool win the league in Dalglish's last full season. Why where Liverpool still top of the league when Dalglish resigned. Arsenal won the League in 88/9 because the Liverpool team was knackered ,Liverpool had just played a mersey derby cup final that included extra time followed by a game against West Ham. Arsenal had 2 weeks rest.

In 5 seasons as manager Dalglish never finished lower than second.Winning it 3 times. What did Liverpool win the season before he took charge - NOTHING! His first season in charge we won the double.

Not to mention the fact that he had to deal with two disasters that would break almost any manager or team,Heysel and Hillsbrough.

As for his record with Blackburn - yes he had money but his record was incredible Joined them in oct 1991 Won promotion  that season  91/92. Prem runners up 93/94 Champions 94/95

Dalglish spent £22million taking Blackburn from the FIRST DIVISION TO prem champions. Souness spent £21million taking Liverpool from A TOP CLUB TO oblivion. Blackburn had last won the LEAGUE IN 1914

AS for flopping at Newcastle He finished league runner up in his first season, and in his second season took them to the cup final. Not great but not too shabby either.

As for this great Arsenal team your on about - they won the league in 88/89 for the first time in 18 years and then won it in 90/91 and didnt win it again for 6 more years. Hardly a great team or a great record! TWICE IN 26 YEARS!
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion