Kenny dalglish - If he was manager again?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bermenstein » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:03 pm

Dont get me wrong, I am behind 100% Benitez.

But Hypothetically speaking, If Benitez walked out tomorrow, and we were manager-less, any Kenny put himself forward for the job, Do you think he could cut it again?

With an older and wiser head on his shoulders?

If not Kenny, who would be you're ideal manager to take the job? Hypothetically speaking.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:11 pm

If we are talking purely hypothetically, my choice of manager would be ....

me!

:D
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby jkop » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:11 pm

I think Kenny would do a fine job, but as you have mentioned we are behind Rafa. :nod
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mattylfc » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:13 pm

I really want to see Gary Mcallister get into full time managament somewhere.  I think he will be a very good manager and a possibiltiy for the future.
mattylfc

Postby ConnO'var » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:13 pm

Kenny or Martin O'Neil..... they would be my 1st 2 choices....
ConnO'var

Postby 67-1161385641 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:17 pm

I'm not so sure about Dalglish the manager. I`ll probably become an unpopular figure on here after saying this but Dalglish's only true test a manager came at Newcastle and he was shocking. When he took over at Liverpool he knew the players, the team had already gelled and had been successful at the highest level for quite sometime. He had a stint at Blackburn and won the League, but that was down to the millions pumped into Blackburn. Of course he played a role in that success but he had unlimited funds to spend on who he wished.
67-1161385641

Postby redmikey » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:19 pm

bob paisely hypothetcially
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby jizz » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:19 pm

im been honest here, it seems at times over the last 10years we have been lacking someone to get the team motivated, so i would say keano
jizz

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:25 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:I'm not so sure about Dalglish the manager. I`ll probably become an unpopular figure on here after saying this but Dalglish's only true test a manager came at Newcastle and he was shocking. When he took over at Liverpool he knew the players, the team had already gelled and had been successful at the highest level for quite sometime. He had a stint at Blackburn and won the League, but that was down to the millions pumped into Blackburn. Of course he played a role in that success but he had unlimited funds to spend on who he wished.

agreed.  Kenny was a great manager for us...but when the pressure got high...he got out. 

I was so disapointed when Kenny stepped down, but that was then and i don't think he's capable of being a great manager again.

He failed at Newcastle and Celtic and i'd be surprised if he managed another club ever again.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jizz » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:26 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
CharmlessMan wrote:I'm not so sure about Dalglish the manager. I`ll probably become an unpopular figure on here after saying this but Dalglish's only true test a manager came at Newcastle and he was shocking. When he took over at Liverpool he knew the players, the team had already gelled and had been successful at the highest level for quite sometime. He had a stint at Blackburn and won the League, but that was down to the millions pumped into Blackburn. Of course he played a role in that success but he had unlimited funds to spend on who he wished.

agreed.  Kenny was a great manager for us...but when the pressure got high...he got out. 

I was so disapointed when Kenny stepped down, but that was then and i don't think he's capable of being a great manager again.

He failed at Newcastle and Celtic and i'd be surprised if he managed another club ever again.

he didnt fail at celtic he only took over after ahem barnes f**ked up for the rest of that season
jizz

Postby CardinalRed » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:30 pm

Some of what you say is true, especially about Newcastle, but although Jack Walker pumped millions into Blackburn, Dalglish still did a great job with them.... The only real superstar they bought was Shearer..... What he did do was realise the potential in a lot of players, Sherwood, Sutton, Batty, Hendry, Wilcox, Ripley, Newell..... Hardly world beaters most of them but Dalglish achieved what Allardyce and O'Neill seem to be able to do.... Make them into a team!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:32 pm

Kenny? Are we being serious. We got to stop living in the past poeple. Kenny was good but his times gone, as has his way.

I think if if we could have anyone in the world... Rafa Benitez  :nod
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mattylfc » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:50 pm

jizz wrote:im been honest here, it seems at times over the last 10years we have been lacking someone to get the team motivated, so i would say keano

Unbelievable suggestion, Keane will never manage at the highest level IMO.  When the going gets tough he will really struggle.
mattylfc

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:48 pm

Can't see past Rafa.  I don't care what kind of temporary blip we're having, I'm not going to talk about my opinions on his tactics or our 'aways' losing streak.  The man is worth his weight in trophies he's going to deliver and HAS delivered.

No one, not Capello, Mourinho, Scolari, Rijkaard, none of them would be a suitable replacement for Benitez.  He has my full and entire support as manager of Liverpool.

Be grateful for what we've got because nothing lasts forever and one day for whatever reason he'll go and unless he builds a dynasty like Shankly, promoting his lieutenants, the only way is downwards.

He brought the best night of my life to me back in May 2005 and Dalglish doesn't come into the managerial equation for me any longer.  I know he offered his services towards the end of Houllier's time or the beginning of Benitez's reign but he was not needed.  It's Benitez or nobody for me.
jonnymac1979

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:54 pm

I am happy with Rafa and think he will eventually get Liverpool back where we belong on top of the league. I would like to see Dalglish back in some capacity though.....maybe if the rumours are true, as Academy director? He always took a great interest in the young players when he was manager, (not in a bad way! :D ) and the young players would certainly respect him.
account deleted by request

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion