Anelka slates houllier - "i never wanted to leave liverpool"

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:01 am

He's definitely a proven talent in the EPL. With other non-Brits, it would be a gamble. There are many talented strikers who had found it difficult to adapt to the EPL - Morrientes, Borghetti etc.

If he's available, his past record makes him a safe buy, only his off-field problems and the influence of his pesky brothers are a big unsettling problem. At around the touted 8 million pounds, he may be too big a gamble because historically, he can't hapilly stay put at a club for more than 2 seasons. The, his pig-headed brother would have convinced him that another "great club" wants him and he'd be unsettled and start to sulk.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:46 am

I thought Anelka was poor when he was with us, and I think Ged was right to tell him to sling his hook.
People seem to forget that he was quibling over wages when discussing a pemanent contract. He wanted far more than he was worth at the time (according to radio and newspaper reports at the time).
I remember being glad at the time of the clubs u-turn.
Anelka is a player who can't hack it at a big club. He won't admit it, but he is one of those players who like to be a big fish in a small pond.
There is no chance of him returning to Anfield. Fowler will give Rafa the information on Anelka which should ensure that he never returns.
Houllier made a mistake in who he signed instead of Anelka, but not in refusing to sign Anelka.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:58 am

NiftyNeil wrote:People seem to forget that he was quibling over wages when discussing a pemanent contract. He wanted far more than he was worth at the time (according to radio and newspaper reports at the time).

I must be one of those people as i don't recall any "serious" problem  over Anelka at that time . I do remember Anelka being very disappointed at being let go and many LFC players seemingly suprised by Fooliers decision .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:49 am

coddy wrote:was it 8 goals in 6 games in his loan period?? i know it was good.................

Edit: Apologies didnt read above^^ though it was better than that though??

TBH I'd say it's better than that because don't forget that while he was here at least 70% of the games he played were when he was coming off the bench for the final 15 minutes. Houllier hardly started him.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:17 pm

He is a great player. He is an amazing talent. But he didnt play even with a 70% performance here. All because of our ex-manager Daum (as Anelka, Van Hooijdonk and lots of other Fenerians said). I believe that too.

Altough his problems, missings and poor performance, he scored nearly 20 goals and did 8 assists in 1.5 years.

I like him so much, even his presence makes his oppenents anxious  . His pace, dribbling and shoots are real threats.

I hope he'll stay at Fenerbahce and performs well this season, but he says that he wants to go to Britain to be selected for national team.

If he'll leave, i pray him to come LFC..

:bowdown
Last edited by IstanBuL-FenerBaHce on Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:28 pm

By the way, as seen in Turkish press, Redknapp is eager to get him.

I read that Redknapp talked with The Daily Express today, and said "Anelka is worth for gambling"

"I have the similar problem in Di Canio transfer at West Ham, but, at last he became a legend there. If there will be any failure about his performance in Portsmouth, i am the responsible."
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion