Pongolle to leave as part of anelka deal? - Just heard from manc journo pal

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:48 pm

Pongolle's apparently being offered as a makeweight for the proposed Anelka deal.

Which would potentially leave us with Baros, Anelka and Mellor. There'd definitely, definitely have to be another striker signed, which makes me wonder if we're trying to get the price down sufficiently to keep enough money in hand to get Morientes as well.
ivor_the_injun

Postby the great one » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:52 pm

Why get rid of a young striker who can improve to make weight from Anelka who is a moody ****** and we will have to pay 12 million pound for bad move if it happens ??? who changed the game against Olymiapakos not Gerrard sinama pongolle :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:54 am

Don't take him ... take Mellor or Diao ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby azriahmad » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:15 am

Who would ever want Diao? What's he good for except make crunching tackles which are mostly fouls? if he's lucky, the ref won't penalise him. He'd be good for a team of thugs like Milwall
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:54 am

go and get anelka back....morientes's price was ridiculous for us and nic was at reasonable price tag.
deal it......pongolle's sacrifice was just too good for us.
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby Big Niall » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:30 pm

Sinama (or is it Pongolle - what's his proper name) is a very good prospect and it would be stupid to throw him in as a makeweight.

Not convinced about anelka, people say he's only 25 so can only improve but players like Fowler, Giggs etc (i.e. young starters) didn't improve after 25.

Keep Sinama.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hamza » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:12 pm

Why get rid of simina when he is playin very well, even though anelka is cheaper morintes seems like the better finsher we despretly need but if anelka comes he cud do a good job as well
Hamza

Postby Gareth G » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:23 pm

Sinama Pongolle is one of our bright stars for the future, it would be silly to ship him off. I still think he should get more chances than he is getting at the moment, he has the skill to turn a game around, very tricky player to keep under wraps.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:53 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:Sinama Pongolle is one of our bright stars for the future, it would be silly to ship him off. I still think he should get more chances than he is getting at the moment, he has the skill to turn a game around, very tricky player to keep under wraps.

he played one decent game in the champions league,that hardly makes him a world beater, he's to small to lightweight and dosen't have what it takes to become a regular in the liverpool side.we have put up with second best, and player's with "potential" for to long, pongolle is not in the same class as anelka or morientes,and never will be.no matter what it takes, we should make sure we make every effort to sign both of our main targets in january.and if that means exchanging one of our players with "potential", then so be it. the time as now come when liverpool f.c.must buy only proven top class player's.for to long have we suffered watching our clubs decline because of poor judgement and bad buys.  :devil:
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:34 pm

pongolle has just recently started being more involved in the first team. getting rid of him in january, when we have a massive fixture congestion in three competitions would make no sense at all.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:41 pm

I say we swap Gerrard for SWP and Anelka and offer Real Mellor, Pongolle, Diao and Diouf for Morientes :p

This brings back memories of Pannini footie stickers :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:43 pm

Paul C wrote:I say we swap Gerrard for SWP and Anelka and offer Real Mellor, Pongolle, Diao and Diouf for Morientes :p

sounds like a faid deal to me paul c  :cool:  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kenco » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:47 pm

stmichael wrote:pongolle has just recently started being more involved in the first team. getting rid of him in january, when we have a massive fixture congestion in three competitions would make no sense at all.

he's a fringe player, as you have just stated.that being the case, if it means sacrificing a player on the fringe of the team in order to buy a world class striker,you would sooner keep the fringe player with "potenial".  The mind boggles. no wonder we are in so much of a mess. :angry:  :angry:
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:49 pm

Yeah, ponggole is doing well.  But Anelka is different class. I mean can you believe a Anelka & Baros striker force ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:53 pm

stmichael wrote:pongolle has just recently started being more involved in the first team. getting rid of him in january, when we have a massive fixture congestion in three competitions would make no sense at all.

but mick surely it wouldnt be too bad sense if we replaced him with a better one? i dont get how keeping him and not getting a better striker is advantageous to us.

am i missing your point or what?
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion