No wonder he wanted to leave

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:48 pm

Ok Ok before anyone kicks off and says they wernt fit its our first commetitive game etc etc.
I am very angry at the 3-0 score line, and I am exremly angry that our strikers fail to put their names on the scoresheet once again.

Last season and even in the CL and CC the goals came from midfield, ok you can say this was down to Michael Owen leaving which has probably a lot of truth in it, and Cisse's injury was horendus, so we cannot blame him, 14 million pound striker out for most of the season.

At Liverpool we have always had prolific goal scorers, Barnes, rush, Aldo, Beardsley, Fowler, owen, and we are now left with a big gap, in this position I am not a football manager but I would say that peter crouch will get us maybe 11-15 goals a season? Is that good enough for a club of our caliber? No I dont think so, ffs for the past few years now we have had this Stevie palava because he is the driving force of our team.

And I dont want that, I mean I want Steven as the driving force but I also want to see ten other men driving the force with him  but theres not theres only 9, him and carra know what it means to play for Liverpool.  They know what it means to us fans how much it hurts with no results, and under performers.

It was the first commetitive game of the season so I will give the squad the benifit of the doubt, but we DO NOT want to see only Steven gerrard doing all the work once again, no matter how much money he's on.

We are Liverpool football club, we are NOT a one man team, its time for them just playing for their pay cheques to earn their cash.
And pronto.

When You Walk, Thru A storm Hold your Head up High.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:51 pm

agree with you Ciggy and judging by Rafa's face, he knows it.  Most of the lads turned out and played like it was an afternoon in the park.  I think the score line is big enough so that Gerrard and co can stay in Austria for the 2nd leg, but i'm sure Rafa will be having a few words.

Maybe the reserves will play with a bit more vigor in the 2nd leg?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:52 pm

can see your point.
but i think the team gave a good performance, we were all over them.
the only problem was that the strikers couldn't finish.
gerrard was not the only good player for us.
carra was good.
xabi wasn't too shabby.
cisse played well also when he came on too, along with zenden.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:52 pm

Good point but we haven't even finished buying the squad yet let alone getting them to play properly together. It'll come - no need to be pessimistic tonight!
neilE

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:54 pm

By the way, are you sure the whole squad won't be flying back to Wrexham for the 2nd leg? Why only the reserves? thought i read somewhere stating that the whole team will fly back to these shores.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:55 pm

the players lacked a lot of match fitness,
which i believed was quite key on the result turned out.
is cisse going to be our next right winger?
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby London_Red » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:55 pm

i think its too early yet, if this performance had come in a few weeks when the league had started i would be a lot more worried, cisse looked good when comming on and ive got a real good fealing this is gonna be a great year for him and hopefully he can be our main golescorrer this season.
London_Red

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:58 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:the players lacked a lot of match fitness,
which i believed was quite key on the result turned out.
is cisse going to be our next right winger?

I bloody well hope not, Diouf was a striker and got put on the wing look what happened to him, If you buy a player who can only play in ONE position then you must play him in his natural position, Cisse is a striker with speed use him that way.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:59 pm

The only negative I'll take from the game was Nando's lack of sharpness. I'll keep an eye on this throughout pre-season. He is one player we BADLY need to hit form next season.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:00 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:The only negative I'll take from the game was Nando's lack of sharpness. I'll keep an eye on this throughout pre-season. He is one player we BADLY need to hit form next season.

Did you just copy that from JBG?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:01 pm

if cisse's guna be our next right winger and nando plays like he did tonight, then having baros back would not be such a bad idea!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:01 pm

Hold your horses there, CGGY!!

We'll hopefully be playing another 60 or 70 games between now and next May, so 3-0 against TNS will soon be forgotten.

I posted this in the other thread and this is the way to look at the game, if you ask me:

Saw the match myself on TV.

Steven Gerrard was by far and away the best player on the pitch. He was only involved in spells but he was the only Liverpool player that started who was able to up the pace.

I know this sounds harsh but I don't see much of a Liverpool future for Anthony Le Tallec and Darren Potter (sorry CGGY).

Steven Warnock, on the other hand, definitely has a bright future.

Xabi played very well in the first half before easing off in the second.

Morientes' form and fitness is worrying: his lack of pace was frightening.

Bolo Zenden looked very smart and efficient when he came on. More of the same Bolo! 

Djbril Cisse came on and played right wing and looks to have regained a yard or two of pace.......he wasn't on long but his pace is exceptional.

Pepe Reina had almost nothing to do but he came out strong for a TNS corner/free kick in the first half and almost floored Riise, which is promising. He looks like an aggressive keeper to me. He only had the one (routine) save to make. His footwork looked good and he quickly recycled ball with his full backs.

3-0? So what. It was only our second pre-season game. We were never in trouble and Warnock, Le Tallec and Potter all got lengthy run outs. We were always going to suffer a bit of an anti-climax after Istanbul, so lets forget the 44 or so minutes of the second half in which our play was lazy and sloppy.

The only negative I'll take from the game was Nando's lack of sharpness. I'll keep an eye on this throughout pre-season. He is one player we BADLY need to hit form next season.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:02 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:The only negative I'll take from the game was Nando's lack of sharpness. I'll keep an eye on this throughout pre-season. He is one player we BADLY need to hit form next season.

Lad, why the hell did you cog that from my post in the other thread? Are you trying to take the mick?  :veryangry
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:03 pm

Ive just had a big fat arguement with me mum :angry:  over the game, you would think I would be happy. But Im not continous sh.it from the bitters escpecially family members :angry: , oh the Champions of Europe cant get a cricket score against TNS etc etc, Ciggys made up but p.issed off.
You start as you mean to go on, a lot of us will run out of patients if we see a repeat of goals only coming from the midfield this season, and we are well known as the most patient fans.
No journey men aloud anymore.
We are the Champions of Europe well do your best lads go out and prove it. :)

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:06 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Ok Ok before anyone kicks off and says they wernt fit its our first commetitive game etc etc.
I am very angry at the 3-0 score line, and I am exremly angry that our strikers fail to put their names on the scoresheet once again.

Last season and even in the CL and CC the goals came from midfield, ok you can say this was down to Michael Owen leaving which has probably a lot of truth in it, and Cisse's injury was horendus, so we cannot blame him, 14 million pound striker out for most of the season.

At Liverpool we have always had prolific goal scorers, Barnes, rush, Aldo, Beardsley, Fowler, owen, and we are now left with a big gap, in this position I am not a football manager but I would say that peter crouch will get us maybe 11-15 goals a season? Is that good enough for a club of our caliber? No I dont think so, ffs for the past few years now we have had this Stevie palava because he is the driving force of our team.

And I dont want that, I mean I want Steven as the driving force but I also want to see ten other men driving the force with him  but theres not theres only 9, him and carra know what it means to play for Liverpool.  They know what it means to us fans how much it hurts with no results, and under performers.

It was the first commetitive game of the season so I will give the squad the benifit of the doubt, but we DO NOT want to see only Steven gerrard doing all the work once again, no matter how much money he's on.

We are Liverpool football club, we are NOT a one man team, its time for them just playing for their pay cheques to earn their cash.
And pronto.

When You Walk, Thru A storm Hold your Head up High.

in all fairness lynds, what did you expect? a magnificent performance and a 7-0 win? at the end of the day we did what was necessary.

we should be able to rest key players now for the return.

incidentally, i started a thread last week called "why gerrard should be sold". i take it all back now, because without him, we'd have just drawn 0-0 with a bunch of welsh part timers. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion