Anelka slates houllier - "i never wanted to leave liverpool"

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redmikey » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:00 pm

fowler said in his book that he used to pass less than a mastermind champion. great line robbie

have to agree that i would take him over kyte every time , he did nothing to impress in the world cup that floated my boat any way, but i dare say rafa knows what he is looking for in his team.

peter crouch...  all the critics are very quite about him now
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:07 pm

He will never sign for a “big” club as long as he keeps talking to the media, he always has to slag someone off, I don’t care how much he loved it at Liverpool, he just isn’t worth the trouble.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coolsobs » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:20 pm

I'd liker him back, and i dont think he'd have any attitude as he think he's matured and he would realise this was his last chance at a big club, however i really can't see benitez signing him.
coolsobs

Postby Paul C » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:38 pm

Arsene Wenger always said that Anelka needs to be at a club where the fans show him love cos he gets confidence from that, I think he got that from Anfield and appreciated it thus him wanting to stay, the problem was at Real and PSG he never got that thus him not being happy, like every player he just likes to feel wanted.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:58 pm

peewee wrote:i think if we go back in time it was his brother that was making waves everywhere he went, although i know nicolas sulked a bit but so do a lot of players. i think we should have signed him after his loan.

and its nice to have players making comments like this again

''You know, I never wanted to leave Liverpool,'' he told L'Equipe. ''It is the best club I know.

It certainly was his brother making waves. If he hasn't already he should get himself another agent.

Anyway, yeah I thought he did good job for us then and may prove that he can do a good job for us if Rafa signs him. Still has pace, good technique, brings players into play and score goals.

Am I right in saying that he is only 27 yrs?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Anfield Kop » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:31 pm

7_Kewell wrote:Houllier had a choice of players to spend his 10 million on.

Diouf or Anelka.

he got it very wrong.

:D  :D  :D  Good one mate and Houllier even spent another 4 millions on world class midfielder Salif Diao.
" You'll Never Walk Alone "
Anfield Kop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mark 23 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:08 pm

I think his brother is the real trouble.  He was always the one who was talking to toher clubs and unsettling Anelka from what I heard.
Mark 23

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:15 pm

Wasn't his goalscoring record at Liverpool poor.

Wasted his career.

the fact that Portsmouth (and not Arsenal/Manure/Chelsea) are linked with him, sums up his level nowdays.

He also slagged off all the clubs he has been with except the one where he is trying to get a move to.

No interest from here.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:39 pm

Big Niall wrote:Wasn't his goalscoring record at Liverpool poor.

Wasted his career.

the fact that Portsmouth (and not Arsenal/Manure/Chelsea) are linked with him, sums up his level nowdays.

He also slagged off all the clubs he has been with except the one where he is trying to get a move to.

No interest from here.

he didn't get many goals for us, but he did play well.  I was hoping he'd stay, because he is a class player and he did seem genuinly happy here.  Instead, its 'what if' because we wasted our money on Diouf...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:27 pm

Agree with 7_Kewell , he may not have scored a lot of goals with us but he always looked "the business".

The fella has class and as the say, "class is permanent"

career stats                                   app/goals

1995–1997  Paris Saint-Germain         10 (1)
1997-1999  Arsenal                          65 (23)
1999-2000  Real Madrid                    19 (2)                   
2000-2002  Paris Saint-Germain         39 (10)
2001-2002  Liverpool (Loan)              20 (4)
2002-2005  Manchester City              89 (38)
2005-present  Fenerbahçe                38 (14)

Perhaps not prolific during the turmoil that entered his life in the years 2000-2002 after leaving Arsenal, but once he settled at (a poor) Man City followed by a subsequent move to Fernebache he showed that he hadn't forgotten where the goal is . His record since 2002 is 1 goal per 2 - 2.5 games played . A record any striker would be proud of.

Forget spending cash on ,Trezeguet, Kuyt etc . get this fella back .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby coddy » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:53 pm

was it 8 goals in 6 games in his loan period?? i know it was good.................

Edit: Apologies didnt read above^^ though it was better than that though??
Last edited by coddy on Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:05 pm

Class player,  class A tw@t. He has caused trouble at every club he has been to except Liverpool, where he was on loan and trying for a contract, and even then his brother was negotiating behind Liverpools back with ARSENAL! When he was here I thought he did great and didnt want him to go, now it would be a gamble Liverpool dont need to take.
account deleted by request

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:07 pm

coddy wrote:was it 8 goals in 6 games in his loan period?? i know it was good.................

:D  , can't say i've been stalking Anelka but googling his career stats those are the figure's given.

Like you I thought his LFC stats were much better   :D  ,guess even though he wasn't scoring that much he left a positive impression ?            :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:14 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
coddy wrote:was it 8 goals in 6 games in his loan period?? i know it was good.................

:D  , can't say i've been stalking Anelka but googling his career stats those are the figure's given.

Like you I thought his LFC stats were much better   :D  ,guess even though he wasn't scoring that much he left a positive impression ?            :)

He played well without scoring many. Made quite a few and Liverpool had a real run of playing well too. To be honest he really looked the business while he was here. But too much of a gamble now imo.
account deleted by request

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:28 am

I don't know if it is a gamble, certainly there's been controversy around him for a lot of his career but his record in a poor Man City side was good, he played well for us although tbh I wasn't that dissapointed he didnt stay.
I'd prefer him to Kuyt as he has a proven record in England and would be cheaper than Kuyt (especially if these £13million and £15million figures for Kuyt I've seen are even remotely accurate).
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion