No wonder he wanted to leave

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:06 pm

Don't mind the bitters, we are 5 times European Champions and they'll never, ever manage that once.

The bitters can say what they want, slagging us for "only" beating TNS 3-0 shows a lack of football knowledge and a thick slice of bitterness for which under David Moyes there are becoming increasingly renowned.

Anyway, they'll be losing 4-0 away to Shaktar in the 3rd round. :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:09 pm

JBG wrote:Hold your horses there, CGGY!!

We'll hopefully be playing another 60 or 70 games between now and next May, so 3-0 against TNS will soon be forgotten.

I posted this in the other thread and this is the way to look at the game, if you ask me:

Saw the match myself on TV.

Steven Gerrard was by far and away the best player on the pitch. He was only involved in spells but he was the only Liverpool player that started who was able to up the pace.

I know this sounds harsh but I don't see much of a Liverpool future for Anthony Le Tallec and Darren Potter (sorry CGGY).

Steven Warnock, on the other hand, definitely has a bright future.

Xabi played very well in the first half before easing off in the second.

Morientes' form and fitness is worrying: his lack of pace was frightening.

Bolo Zenden looked very smart and efficient when he came on. More of the same Bolo! 

Djbril Cisse came on and played right wing and looks to have regained a yard or two of pace.......he wasn't on long but his pace is exceptional.

Pepe Reina had almost nothing to do but he came out strong for a TNS corner/free kick in the first half and almost floored Riise, which is promising. He looks like an aggressive keeper to me. He only had the one (routine) save to make. His footwork looked good and he quickly recycled ball with his full backs.

3-0? So what. It was only our second pre-season game. We were never in trouble and Warnock, Le Tallec and Potter all got lengthy run outs. We were always going to suffer a bit of an anti-climax after Istanbul, so lets forget the 44 or so minutes of the second half in which our play was lazy and sloppy.

The only negative I'll take from the game was Nando's lack of sharpness. I'll keep an eye on this throughout pre-season. He is one player we BADLY need to hit form next season.

Our Darren knows he is not going to make the grade, he loves Rafa but he is just not good enough im afriad, thats why he choose to play for Ierland cause he knew he would never get a chance for England, so in that way I do respect him.
He would be very hurt to leave Liverpool but if he is not good enough for the club then he will acdept that, because he is a liverpool fan and only wants whats best for the club.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:12 pm

players like Potter and Mellor will be very useful in the coming season....although i think Mellor will be sold in Jan when fit, youth players are very handy for filling gaps in the squad when players need a rest
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:15 pm

In fairness to Rafa, CGGY, he has given Darren a fair few runs. Darren played against very weak oppositon tonight and to be honest, I expected a lot better from him.

Hopefully he'll get a few more runs this season to prove me wrong, but he has Jon Newby or Jon Otsemembor written all over him.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:16 pm

JBG wrote:Don't mind the bitters, we are 5 times European Champions and they'll never, ever manage that once.

The bitters can say what they want, slagging us for "only" beating TNS 3-0 shows a lack of football knowledge and a thick slice of bitterness for which under David Moyes there are becoming increasingly renowned.

Anyway, they'll be losing 4-0 away to Shaktar in the 3rd round. :D

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH but JBG my whole family are bitters my 5 uncles and 2 aunties are bitters and there kids, so its like about 30 family members of bitter blue nose b@stards :angry:  Funny though they have been quiet as a mouse for around 10 years, so hopefully normal service will resume shortly  :D
But I am being totally honest I love my family they are my flesh and blood but these past few months have been atrotious, and I am not lying, calling me and me mum murderers I mean, If Hysel would have happened with everton i would no way call my relatives murderers, its just become unbearable, and my uncles are over 50 years of age who say these things. b@stards no family of mine :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:21 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:calling me and me mum murderers I mean, If Hysel would have happened with everton i would no way call my relatives murderers, its just become unbearable, and my uncles are over 50 years of age who say these things. b@stards no family of mine :angry:

Thats not on...even if they meant it as a joke.

What the hell has happened to the bitters?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 2520years » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:23 pm

Stevie had more to prove tonight than most (and it showed).  The team paced themselves and got a perfectly adequate win.  Why should they kill themselves to get a big win?  It'd be pretty silly getting a 5-0 while needlessly picking up injuries.

:cool:
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:38 pm

JBG wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:calling me and me mum murderers I mean, If Hysel would have happened with everton i would no way call my relatives murderers, its just become unbearable, and my uncles are over 50 years of age who say these things. b@stards no family of mine :angry:

Thats not on...even if they meant it as a joke.

What the hell has happened to the bitters?

You know the night before the final me uncle rang me mum, and said oh youve got no chance tommor AC Milan will have to much for yous, bear in mind me mum had not heard from him for 6 months, so then again the day of the final he rings again, ohhhhhhhhhh 2 calls from our Franky in 2 days after 6 months of being in touch, he only lives in kirby BTW, not Australia, again he says Milan are gona win tonight youve got no chance, me mum was like yer yer what ever, but why does it concern you your not playing etc etc.............
Then the phone rings at 3.a.m. in the mornin me and me mum had just stumbled in from town after one fantastic night, the best night of my life.
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:51 pm

He says oh your just pakis, I said yer what, he said all yer fans are pakis

what an utter moron!  :angry:

Racism is so mindless and absurd...especially racism from the bitters who are sponsored by some chinese company and would sing songs of praise to Cambell when he kept them up.

utter morons
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:01 pm

7_Kewell wrote:

Racism is so mindless and absurd...especially racism from the bitters who are sponsored by some chinese company and would sing songs of praise to Cambell when he kept them up.

utter morons

Kewell most of there fans are rasist, but my uncle who said this is nearly 60, it is not a joke anymore, and the red baron pointed out yesterday , at derby games they cannot be spread around the ground.
And its true, all opposition fans have to go in there own end, not mixed in with us.
mancs wouldnt be, bitter shouldnt be.
It is a toxic mixture and if we draw them in the 3rd round, they are already planning for a five year ban if we beat them
So the f.A. need to be made aware of this, and its not only if they draw us, if they get knocked out and we are still in it.
they want revenge, the Fall of EFC is due to LFC.
Its such a shame rainhill closed down years ago :down:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:05 pm

Another myth spead by Evertonians is that Hysel and Liverpool were responsible for their downfall.

Thats bollo.cks.

They were excellent in 1985/86, the season after Hysel, and if a bit of luck had gone their way, ot would have been them and not us who won the Double.

In 1986/87 they were the best team in England and won the league easily.

However, after that they started making some bad decisions, particularly in their managerial appointments but mostly with their transfer dealings.

The Hysel thing is a complete and utter myth.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:26 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:can see your point.
but i think the team gave a good performance, we were all over them.
the only problem was that the strikers couldn't finish.
gerrard was not the only good player for us.
carra was good.
xabi wasn't too shabby.
cisse played well also when he came on too, along with zenden.

An warnock aswell
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby skipper » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:26 pm

7_Kewell wrote:

utter morons

I agree.  Racism is one of the many things that really hurts our world and is stupid.

I'm from china and I would advise that company not to sponsor everton anymore before they start blaming their sponsors for their utter failures as well.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1114725958 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:01 am

JBG wrote:Hold your horses there, CGGY!!

We'll hopefully be playing another 60 or 70 games between now and next May, so 3-0 against TNS will soon be forgotten.

Good point JBG, I forgot , last season by the time we had won the Cup, that we had got beat 1-0 by AK Gratz and played monaco, an even forgot that i went to the games! ! was on a bender for the rest of the season i think so had amnesia!

The problem today was, Stevie wasn't that good, he scored 3 good goals, he should be scoring anyway, and fluffed a complete sitter in the first half, nando too. from 5 yards.
We just didnt dominate, put pressure on them, they played a bit better second half, and we just stepped off gas, which is right. we don't need to over-excert ourselves in what could be a long season. I wanted it to be 6-0 at least.

We did my cake in was the fact the Zenden and Cisse should have started the game, and not Le tallec and Potter.Cisse bombed it down the right flank, and Zenden put in ome useful crosses, you just know Nando will bury a lot of those this season.

Not sure if garcia was on the bench or not?

Think we've got Leverkusen on saturday?? see what team he plays them. He's only plaing these young players, to see if they are any good obviously.. i say se what happens....(oh and sign figo, not crouch!)
65-1114725958

Postby captainduck » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:51 am

i dont know if you could honestly judge the strikers so quickly, because after all they did get 4 points in the wrexham game.. and 2 were from moro who did look cold today, i wouldnt slag him too much. still the beginning of the season though.. rafa is still trying to see what players work with whom. i would wait till the prem starts again before i get too angry. :pirate
captainduck

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion