1. Pongolle wasn't sold he's on loan.
2. Everything that needed to be said was said by Lando. The rest is tosh
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby alessandromagno » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:11 pm

That's your opinion. Most of what you say seems like tosh to me.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:13 pm

tosh?

0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:15 pm

alessandromagno wrote:That's your opinion. Most of what you say seems like tosh to me.

Stfu. When you gain any sort of sense come back to me.

The fact that you believe that Crouch,Fowler,Pongolle and Cisse would had been better what we have for a title push says it all.

Go watch cricket or rugby.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby red37 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:21 pm

s@int wrote:
CharmlessMan wrote:
s@int wrote:Where do I say anything about selling our soul. What I put forward as a possibility is a change from buying a lot of squad players to buying one TOP PLAYER and one prospect a season instead.

Try reading what people write and not what you think in future t0sser

Is there any need for an insult? I only asked you a question, I'm sorry if I misunderstood what you said. There might be a case that you should word your sentences better, but lets not go into that.

You write a supercillious post saying that I am asking for an Abramovich type and want to sell our soul and you expect me to smile. Maybe you should learn how to read mate.

You now criticise my writing after your display of ineptitude with your post about fkn gears! WTF are you on. Maybe you should take time out of your busy schedule to learn how to understand plain English. I very rarely insult anyone but you deserved it.

Saint- there's one fundamental flaw in your argument. Unfortunately its an unforgiveable error, i have to admit....

only the one 'L' in supercilious mate............. :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby coddy » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:26 pm

dawson99 wrote:tosh?

haha we playing top trumps again???
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alessandromagno » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:42 pm

It's fairly uninteresting to exchange insults. Instead I'll just say that there are lots on this board who feel, like me, Cisse and Pongolle were not given a fair chance. There are also plenty of others who agree we have got worse this season rather than pushing on from last year's success. Most of the ideas have already been presented on this and other threads. Your point of view won't become any more "right" because of a belligerent delivery.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:45 pm

Cisse and Pongolle were not given a fair chance.

Cisse was given a fair chance, he didn't take it. When he was given a start he needed to do two things:

1. Work hard
2. Improve

He didn't do it so he didn't start regularly. It's not rocket science. His sitter against Manure sums up him as a player.

Pongolle was given a chance to prove himself in the Premiership with Blackburn. He didn't do it.

Pongolle is good enough to be on the bench but not good enough to start. That will always be the case and it's a bit too late for him I'm afraid.

People are trying to come up with execuses to why Cisse was :censored:. He just was, and we were ripped off. He wasn't worth half of what we paid for him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:46 pm

alessandromagno wrote:It's fairly uninteresting to exchange insults. Instead I'll just say that there are lots on this board who feel, like me, Cisse and Pongolle were not given a fair chance. There are also plenty of others who agree we have got worse this season rather than pushing on from last year's success. Most of the ideas have already been presented on this and other threads. Your point of view won't become any more "right" because of a belligerent delivery.

There are also a lot on the board that feel that Cisse and Pongo were not good enough to play for LFC!

FACT

Cisse was by far the most frustrating player we've had in years
Pongo was way too inconsistant to be trusted to do a job
66-1120597113

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:46 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:
alessandromagno wrote:It's fairly uninteresting to exchange insults. Instead I'll just say that there are lots on this board who feel, like me, Cisse and Pongolle were not given a fair chance. There are also plenty of others who agree we have got worse this season rather than pushing on from last year's success. Most of the ideas have already been presented on this and other threads. Your point of view won't become any more "right" because of a belligerent delivery.

There are also a lot on the board that feel that Cisse and Pongo were not good enough to play for LFC!

FACT

Cisse was by far the most frustrating player we've had in years
Pongo was way too inconsistant to be trusted to do a job

Barry speaketh the truth.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby alessandromagno » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:47 pm

So there are two points of view--let's hear them both!
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:48 pm

red37 wrote:
s@int wrote:
CharmlessMan wrote:
s@int wrote:Where do I say anything about selling our soul. What I put forward as a possibility is a change from buying a lot of squad players to buying one TOP PLAYER and one prospect a season instead.

Try reading what people write and not what you think in future t0sser

Is there any need for an insult? I only asked you a question, I'm sorry if I misunderstood what you said. There might be a case that you should word your sentences better, but lets not go into that.

You write a supercillious post saying that I am asking for an Abramovich type and want to sell our soul and you expect me to smile. Maybe you should learn how to read mate.

You now criticise my writing after your display of ineptitude with your post about fkn gears! WTF are you on. Maybe you should take time out of your busy schedule to learn how to understand plain English. I very rarely insult anyone but you deserved it.

Saint- there's one fundamental flaw in your argument. Unfortunately its an unforgiveable error, i have to admit....

only the one 'L' in supercilious mate............. :D

I spelt t0sser right though mate. I always try to get the essentials right  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:49 pm

How can you say Djibril wasn't given a chance?

Cisse played 78 times for LFC, all under Benitez.

Take into consideration he was out for mnths with a broken leg, and that's not a bad total at all.

Don't come out with the "Only on the right" arguement, as he was sh*te wherever he was played.

Djibril Cisse had the touch of an epileptic elephant in the middle of a fit.

Pongolle isn't god enough fr us. Simple. Couldn't cut it at Blackburn, won't cut it at Liverpool.

Happy?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:52 pm

Some of you forgot the fact that Benitez was the one who gave Cisse the chance to play in a Champions League final after breaking his leg?

He didn't get a chance to prove himself did he? :laugh:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby alessandromagno » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:57 pm

Not really Lando. Cisse was frequently a late substitute and played out of position. In spite of that and a broken leg he scored some vital goals: 2 in the Super Cup, a great volley in the FA Cup final and a vital penalty in the CL Final after coming back from his broken leg. Furthermore, I would say Rafa was simply using Cisse last season as he never had another pacey striker: there was never any intention to keep him. All in all Cisse's total of 19 goals was rather impressive last season given the situation he was playing in.

As for Pongolle, his goal against Real showed stunning skill--a superb goal of the very highest technique.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion