Dark days again - Inept, no desire ala houllier

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:07 pm

alessandromagno wrote:Not really Lando. Cisse was frequently a late substitute and played out of position. In spite of that and a broken leg he scored some vital goals: 2 in the Super Cup, a great volley in the FA Cup final and a vital penalty in the CL Final after coming back from his broken leg. Furthermore, I would say Rafa was simply using Cisse last season as he never had another pacey striker: there was never any intention to keep him. All in all Cisse's total of 19 goals was rather impressive last season given the situation he was playing in.

As for Pongolle, his goal against Real showed stunning skill--a superb goal of the very highest technique.

Cisse was an idle waster.

For every "wonder" goal he scored, there were at least 12 glaring misses.

His goals to shots ratio was appalling.

Pongolle has always had skill, but he doesn't have the heart or the head to succeed in England.

Even Houllier dropped him.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:20 pm

One concession i do allow Cisse was the way in which his attributes were over expectantly trumpeted way before the lad had a chance to show us the whites of his eyes...let alone the extravagance of his hairstyles. and it became a bit like stepping from the 'milk' pan to the 'frying' pan for him.  both Houllier (and most of us) fell for all the spiel in anticipating this 'superstar' prospect.... but failure was always an option, which in truth came home to roost with interest. Yes, he didnt have the best of times here..thats an understatement. but from the off, his fortunes were doomed through the ignorance of his acquisition, at great cost to this club's recent/present state of financial prowess.

we've heard it many times concerning players 'pricetags' and the ineffectual, inconspicuous manner in which their fortunes pan-out on the playing field as a result, all because of 'hype'. Also fashionable, is this needless overelaboration in describing certain players necessity to holding a key to improvement within a clubs squad. Houllier could have been far more judicious in the first place, with several of his buys in that respect. though thats what ammounts to the 'pressure' involved when you are in the managerial 'Hotseat' and turn to 'Haste' for your inspiration - Few can handle it. Many dont.

As for Cisse, somewhere deep down within is a decent player. But not of Liverpool FCs requirement.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:33 pm

red37 wrote:One concession i do allow Cisse was the way in which his attributes were over expectantly trumpeted way before the lad had a chance to show us the whites of his eyes...let alone the extravagance of his hairstyles. and it became a bit like stepping from the 'milk' pan to the 'frying' pan for him.  both Houllier (and most of us) fell for all the spiel in anticipating this 'superstar' prospect.... but failure was always an option, which in truth came home to roost with interest. Yes, he didnt have the best of times here..thats an understatement. but from the off, his fortunes were doomed through the ignorance of his acquisition, at great cost to this club's recent/present state of financial prowess.

we've heard it many times concerning players 'pricetags' and the ineffectual, inconspicuous manner in which their fortunes pan-out on the playing field as a result, all because of 'hype'. Also fashionable, is this needless overelaboration in describing certain players necessity to holding a key to improvement within a clubs squad. Houllier could have been far more judicious in the first place, with several of his buys in that respect. though thats what ammounts to the 'pressure' involved when you are in the managerial 'Hotseat' and turn to 'Haste' for your inspiration - Few can handle it. Many dont.

As for Cisse, somewhere deep down within is a decent player. But not of Liverpool FCs requirement.

Yes a decent player somewhere is correct..ie FRANCE

I think what you are trying to say is that basically because he was the leading scorer at Auxerre for 2 seasons on the trot he was automatically expected to be a success at LFC!
Of course it is wrong to expect the same from any player in a different footballing culture...we all know this.

Personally im glad that he is gone and hope he does not return!I watched him at Anfield a few times,yes when the ball was given to him he worked..well ran!
Off the ball he was limp,lazy and had the workrate of a geriatric sloth!His attitude and facial expressions towards other teamates when delivery was not 100% every time stunk of the highest order!

Basically Cisse is a largely egotistical human being...the only time a club will ever get the best of him is if he is made to feel like the main man, hero worshipped to massage his inflated ego!Never at LFC!
66-1120597113

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:42 pm

I'm going to sit on the fence here; Cisse isn't good enough to play for us IMO. He just doesn't have the intelligence or ability on the ball to play for a big club, especially one that contests three cup trophies and one league trophy every season. Was he given a fair a chance? I think so, but not in his preferred position, centre forward. Whether that would have made any difference I don't know, but I would have liked to have seen him play in his best position for a run of games to see how he faired. As for Pongolle, I liked him; I thought he was a decent player when I saw him. We signed him at a relatively young age and left him mainly in the reserves for most of his Liverpool career and I think that has halted his development, he had lots of potential but has been wasted in the reserves, if he was blooded into the squad earlier and played a lot, I think he could of been a very good player.
67-1161385641

Postby red37 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:09 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:
red37 wrote:One concession i do allow Cisse was the way in which his attributes were over expectantly trumpeted way before the lad had a chance to show us the whites of his eyes...let alone the extravagance of his hairstyles. and it became a bit like stepping from the 'milk' pan to the 'frying' pan for him.  both Houllier (and most of us) fell for all the spiel in anticipating this 'superstar' prospect.... but failure was always an option, which in truth came home to roost with interest. Yes, he didnt have the best of times here..thats an understatement. but from the off, his fortunes were doomed through the ignorance of his acquisition, at great cost to this club's recent/present state of financial prowess.

Yes a decent player somewhere is correct..ie FRANCE

I think what you are trying to say is that basically because he was the leading scorer at Auxerre for 2 seasons on the trot he was automatically expected to be a success at LFC!

wrong mate. im saying that was Houlliers/the clubs evaluation of him, not mine. im just saying in his defence. in which there is very little to acknowledge, other than the fact his services were unrealistically proclaimed to be worth the wait.  he became so anticipated and 'buttered up' by the fans. Everyone 'cried out' when he turned out to be far less effective in the eventual outcome. A heck of a lot of these 'foreign' based players are unnecessarily courted in my opinion, judging by the inferior leagues they ply their trades in. a fact made no less digestable by the present transfer fees of any 'british' based ones that show a bit of potential. that was a key flaw with Houllier. He sure had an 'eye' for his fair share of expensive turkeys! despite one or two successes.
in any case i wish Djibril Cisse well.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:14 pm

I wish him well also...maybe he will be reincarnated as a millipede..so he can afford to break more legs!
Would'nt like to be buying his boots though! :D
66-1120597113

Postby red37 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:18 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:I wish him well also...maybe he will be reincarnated as a millipede..so he can afford to break more legs!
Would'nt like to be buying his boots though! :D

:D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby gialloblu » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:49 am

What i´ve seen the last weeks is that the team is playing awful. And not the last weeks: also the last champions league was bad played. I just wanna see Liverpool as big as it is. I think that the main problem are a couple of players. Journalists say that Crouch is a good one. I really don´t like him at all. I think we need a player like Tevez, and in the deffense i would love somebody like matterazzi. Somebody to be afraid of!!! Here, in Argentina, you don´t hear about "the great Liverpool players" But i do think that we do have the best European coach.
gialloblu

Postby red37 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:16 am

gialloblu wrote:What i´ve seen the last weeks is that the team is playing awful. And not the last weeks: also the last champions league was bad played. I just wanna see Liverpool as big as it is. I think that the main problem are a couple of players. Journalists say that Crouch is a good one. I really don´t like him at all. I think we need a player like Tevez, and in the deffense i would love somebody like matterazzi. Somebody to be afraid of!!! Here, in Argentina, you don´t hear about "the great Liverpool players" But i do think that we do have the best European coach.

:glare:  ill have to pass on all that......

what though do you know of this Insua (Boca)?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:39 am

Nah, I'll take Crouch over Tevez.

He's ugly, but he gets the goals.

That's enough for me.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:22 am

gialloblu wrote:What i´ve seen the last weeks is that the team is playing awful. And not the last weeks: also the last champions league was bad played. I just wanna see Liverpool as big as it is. I think that the main problem are a couple of players. Journalists say that Crouch is a good one. I really don´t like him at all. I think we need a player like Tevez, and in the deffense i would love somebody like matterazzi. Somebody to be afraid of!!! Here, in Argentina, you don´t hear about "the great Liverpool players" But i do think that we do have the best European coach.

The skill factor is very low at the moment.  I dont see much flair or creativity.
puroresu

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:45 am

jkop wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
BOODIDDY wrote:I dont make knee jerk reactions, but after today and the season so far, then something has to be said. Benitez just hasn't grasped the premiership. His methods aren't suited to it. I'm fed up of reading about the number of corners, shots and possesion we have. GOALS WIN GAMES! END OF

I ain't saying rafa must go, no way. But, someone must be brought in alongside him who understands the prem and english football. Alex Miller is the only Brit and he ain't very good.

Our game has no speed to it. Our strikers are incapable of going past defenders and the wingers are the poorest wingers i have seen in red shirts.

Just listening to rafa on the telly, he seems dillusional. Statistics! Remember Houllier? Same thing every week.

I would like to hear our manager coome out once and say that we are poor and need to change drastically. The defence is cagey, mainly down to the fact that reina isn't a good keeper. Now, i know we had  a number of clean sheets last year, but how many of them were down to the brilliance of reina? Not many! Carra and sammi were immense.

A number of our players don't try. Look at their kits when they come off, no sweat, dirt etc.

Gerrard looks embarrassed to be playing with some of our players. Gonzales is one who needs to go, as long as i have a hole in my :censored: that lad won't be a player. Pennant just isn't up to it thats why wenger got rid. Kuyt, Crouch are too similar and Bellamy will run all day but so will steve cram and he ain't a top footballer is he? The speed has all gone, Owen,Baros Cisse Pongolle.

I cant wait for Kewell to come back cos i believe he is the only answer to our left sided problems.

We are no nearer to challenging for the title then the likes of Bolton, Everton Villa etc.

If we really want it then we must think big. This club is resting on its laurels again. The signings this summer are very similar to Houlliers Diouf, Diao and Cheyrou summer. We got oue second and sometimes third choice signings in certain positions cos we aren't thinking like a big club.

I DONT LIKE RANTING LIKE THIS BUT I'VE HAD ENOUGH AND DON'T WANT TO SEE US GO BACK TO HOULLIERS DARK AGES AGAIN.

:censored: THE NEW STADIUM AND INVEST IN THE VERY BEST PLAYERS COS WE WONT FILL A NEW STADIUM WITH THE DRIVEL AND STYLE WE ARE PLAYING AT THE MOMENT.

That post - that single solitary post you've just written there, ensures that for the rest of your days you will be labelled a c*nt.

Sorry, but it's the truth.

Reina isn't a good 'keeper, despite the clean sheets, despite the penalties he has saved in his career, despite being the best 'keeper in Spain the season before he joined us.

Despite all that - Reina is a dodgy 'keeper, why? Because Carragher took the ball away from him a couple of times? You tit.

Or is it because he made a few errors earlier in the season because Mr Wonderful JC f*cked up?

Either way, you obviously know as much about football as I do about the innards of a Walrus' large intestine. F*ck all.

"Beni hasn't grasped the Premiership", Mr Diddy reckons. Well Mr Griffin thinks that Mr Diddy is a gimp, to be honest.

A record amount of points, a record number of clean sheets, a record number of consecutive wins and games unbeaten do something to your theory, Boo.

You want to know what, Boo? Well, Boo - they take your theory's pants down and stick their throbbing rod of truth right up your theory's sh*tter. THAT is what they do, Boo. You f*cking Necrophiliac.

Anyone who knows anything about football will tell you that you start to worry when your team ISN'T creating chances. When it ISN'T dominating games. When the players aren't even GETTING shots.

But lets all imagine for a moment that you are right, Boo. We are on the same level as Everton and Bolton.

So lets just scrap that "Only British team into the group stages of the Champions' League" title, and go for "Sh*t, finishing mid-table at best club".

We didn't finish 3rd last season with the FA cup aswell. We didn't win the CHampions' League the season before.

No - we're no better than our bitter-scum neighbours. We haven't had our hardest start to a season in certainly MY lifetime. We're just sh*te. We'll never be anything under Rafa as he doesn't understand the English game.

Ahem.

F*CK OFF YOU THICK TW*T.

We are Liverpool FC, and we WILL show c*nts like you that when you pull a lion's tail, he'll turn round and bite your f*cking head off.

F*ck everyone who doubts Rafa - he will prove you wrong and you'll skulk back hoping everyone's forgotten your little "indescretions".

Well f*ck you. I'm making a list, getting Santa to check it twice, and I'll post the names of every sad c*nt who has pulled the boss down in his hour of need.

Call yourselves supporters?

I wouldn't wipe my dogsh*t-stained shoes on you, you f*cking whores.

God help anyone else who upsets Lando ! :sniffle  :D

Lando you talk so much sense its unbelievable, I back you on everything you say there....

Its just unfortunate I am no longer letting my son come onto this forum because the language is soooooo bad.

Great point though!  :buttrock
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion