Dark days again - Inept, no desire ala houllier

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby BOODIDDY » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:36 pm

I dont make knee jerk reactions, but after today and the season so far, then something has to be said. Benitez just hasn't grasped the premiership. His methods aren't suited to it. I'm fed up of reading about the number of corners, shots and possesion we have. GOALS WIN GAMES! END OF

I ain't saying rafa must go, no way. But, someone must be brought in alongside him who understands the prem and english football. Alex Miller is the only Brit and he ain't very good.

Our game has no speed to it. Our strikers are incapable of going past defenders and the wingers are the poorest wingers i have seen in red shirts.

Just listening to rafa on the telly, he seems dillusional. Statistics! Remember Houllier? Same thing every week.

I would like to hear our manager coome out once and say that we are poor and need to change drastically. The defence is cagey, mainly down to the fact that reina isn't a good keeper. Now, i know we had  a number of clean sheets last year, but how many of them were down to the brilliance of reina? Not many! Carra and sammi were immense.

A number of our players don't try. Look at their kits when they come off, no sweat, dirt etc.

Gerrard looks embarrassed to be playing with some of our players. Gonzales is one who needs to go, as long as i have a hole in my :censored: that lad won't be a player. Pennant just isn't up to it thats why wenger got rid. Kuyt, Crouch are too similar and Bellamy will run all day but so will steve cram and he ain't a top footballer is he? The speed has all gone, Owen,Baros Cisse Pongolle.

I cant wait for Kewell to come back cos i believe he is the only answer to our left sided problems.

We are no nearer to challenging for the title then the likes of Bolton, Everton Villa etc.

If we really want it then we must think big. This club is resting on its laurels again. The signings this summer are very similar to Houlliers Diouf, Diao and Cheyrou summer. We got oue second and sometimes third choice signings in certain positions cos we aren't thinking like a big club.

I DONT LIKE RANTING LIKE THIS BUT I'VE HAD ENOUGH AND DON'T WANT TO SEE US GO BACK TO HOULLIERS DARK AGES AGAIN.

:censored: THE NEW STADIUM AND INVEST IN THE VERY BEST PLAYERS COS WE WONT FILL A NEW STADIUM WITH THE DRIVEL AND STYLE WE ARE PLAYING AT THE MOMENT.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coddy » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:50 pm

Sorry mate, your talkin bollox. Comparing Houllier and Benitez is just stupid. if you were a true fan you'd stick by the decisions that Rafa has made and live with it. we've been in worse positions over the past 15 years.

Remember Rafa wasnt allowed to sign some of the players he wanted because of cost (i.e. Simao, Joaquin and Alves).

Dont blame Rafa just blame good ol' bad luck for now.

As for Gerrard being embarrassed, he isnt exactly on form himself and definitely not the influence he was last year.
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:56 pm

coddy wrote:Sorry mate, your talkin bollox. Comparing Houllier and Benitez is just stupid. if you were a true fan you'd stick by the decisions that Rafa has made and live with it. we've been in worse positions over the past 15 years.

Remember Rafa wasnt allowed to sign some of the players he wanted because of cost (i.e. Simao, Joaquin and Alves).

As for Gerrard being embarrassed, he isnt exactly on form himself and definitely not the influence he was last year.

couldnt agree more with you coddy
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coddy » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:57 pm

metalhead wrote:
coddy wrote:Sorry mate, your talkin bollox. Comparing Houllier and Benitez is just stupid. if you were a true fan you'd stick by the decisions that Rafa has made and live with it. we've been in worse positions over the past 15 years.

couldnt agree more with you coddy

Cheers mate, i guess im not the only one not over-reacting
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:00 pm

We need:

1. New owners
2. New stadium
3. New manager
4. New players
5. New captain
6. New ground staff
7. New kit
8. New kitchen staff
9. New brand of toilet paper
10. New carpet in the executive boxes

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:01 pm

YEAH OK, LETS STICK BY RAFAS DESICION, I THINK THE WAY HE HAS HANDLED LIVERPOOL OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS HAS BEEN IMENSE, GREAT LINES UPS, GREAT TEAM SELECTIONS FÚCK ME RAFAS JUST ONE THE PREMIERSHIP, (incaes you didnt know it that was sarcasm), look every one is entitled to there opinion, rafa has got it wrong and it aint all just him the players arent exactly pulling there weight niether, at this moment in time liverpool fc is a disgrace, even with the players we have now and thats we shoukld be near the top anywhere between 6 and 3rd.

thats my opinion.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby coddy » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:01 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:We need:

1. New owners
2. New stadium
3. New manager
4. New players
5. New captain
6. New ground staff
7. New kit
8. New kitchen staff

isnt that Paul Ince's shoppin list? ??? except line 3
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KOPMATT » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:03 pm

I've not seen the game as I was working but listened to it on the radio. From what i heard we did just about everything bar score! I know goals win games but it sure makes for depressing reading that we've not won away and not scored from open play which is a worry! I'm sure it'll come and hopefully not too late to launch a challenge for 3rd or 4th.
KOPMATT

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:04 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:We need:

1. New owners
2. New stadium
3. New manager
4. New players
5. New captain
6. New ground staff
7. New kit
8. New kitchen staff

oi! you also forgot some new fans  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coddy » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:04 pm

Red wrote:

YEAH OK, LETS STICK BY RAFAS DESICION, I THINK THE WAY HE HAS HANDLED LIVERPOOL OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS HAS BEEN IMENSE, GREAT LINES UPS, GREAT TEAM SELECTIONS FÚCK ME RAFAS JUST ONE THE PREMIERSHIP, (incaes you didnt know it that was sarcasm), look every one is entitled to there opinion, rafa has got it wrong and it aint all just him the players arent exactly pulling there weight niether, at this moment in time liverpool fc is a disgrace, even with the players we have now and thats we shoukld be near the top anywhere between 6 and 3rd.

thats my opinion.

at the end of the day you cant blame Rafa, the onus is on the players to perform whatever situation they are put in. if someone payed me 50 grand a week + to kick a ball around and keep fit, then id make sure i play 110% every minute of every game.

Players are payed so much money to entertain, Rafa is only paid to organise them. he cant score for them.
Last edited by coddy on Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KOPMATT » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:06 pm

Yes you are right Coddy. However sometimes the right players picked would be a help. Although if your a pro you should be able to adapt to any position & situation.
KOPMATT

Postby anti-hero » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:13 pm

Boodiddy has a point though.

We never do seem to target big name signings.. not that there's anything wrong with Rafa's purchases but given the choice between Pennant (not knowing what I knew now) and say.. Joaquin who was linked with us prevoiusly, I know who I would have wanted.

Rafa's recent signings seem very low-key to me.. as if.. he's okay with settling for 2nd choice players and letting the other big guns snag the better known ones.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:13 pm

coddy wrote:
Red wrote:

thats my opinion.

at the end of the day you cant blame Rafa, the onus is on the players to perform whatever situation they are put in. if someone payed me 50 grand a week + to kick a ball around and keep fit, then id make sure i play 110% every minute of every game.

Players are payed so much money to entertain, Rafa is only paid to organise them. he cant score for them.

well then rafa should stick to a certain 11, the team will gel they will get confidence even get to know each others runs and movements, i agree that they get payed to much to kick a ball and like you i would do exactly the same as you if i was offered to play for 50 garnd a week, but players wages is another thread, we are talking about rafas tactics and players attitude to wards liverpool fc, the whole liverpool squad is unsettled by this rotation nonsence, Steven Gerrard is the captain of the team does he have a say or give rafa a tip about saying look gaffa is it possible for you to pick a starting 11 and stick to it for a few weeks and see where that gets us? (just an query and idea), as i said before, somthing has got to give, and personally id rather if the star players stayed.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:17 pm

anti-hero wrote:Boodiddy has a point though.

We never do seem to target big name signings.. not that there's anything wrong with Rafa's purchases but given the choice between Pennant (not knowing what I knew now) and say.. Joaquin who was linked with us prevoiusly, I know who I would have wanted.

Rafa's recent signings seem very low-key to me.. as if.. he's okay with settling for 2nd choice players and letting the other big guns snag the better known ones.

The thing is, if we do pay so much for high class players and they don't hack it into the premiership we will be in big trouble!

Joaquin is not that great if you do watch him regularly, very inconsistant player. Rafa doesn't want to make the same mistakes that Houllier did in transfers!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coddy » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:17 pm

Red wrote:
coddy wrote:
Red wrote:

thats my opinion.

well then rafa should stick to a certain 11, the team will gel they will get confidence even get to know each others runs and movements, i agree that they get payed to much to kick a ball and like you i would do exactly the same as you if i was offered to play for 50 garnd a week, but players wages is another thread, we are talking about rafas tactics and players attitude to wards liverpool fc, the whole liverpool squad is unsettled by this rotation nonsence, Steven Gerrard is the captain of the team does he have a say or give rafa a tip about saying look gaffa is it possible for you to pick a starting 11 and stick to it for a few weeks and see where that gets us? (just an query and idea), as i said before, somthing has got to give, and personally id rather if the star players stayed.

Surely Gerrard should then point to the team and ask them to work for the manager to make his job easier??

If we had a strong 11, (which i dont think we have) then Rafa wouldnt rotate as much. we only have 18 players who havnt played well this season, thats why Rafa feels the need to rotate.
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion