Craig bellamy - On his way to liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Trewyn » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:26 am

One thing's for sure, I hope the 6m spent on Bellamy does not represent a large chunk of Liverpool's transfer kitty.

We're Liverpool FC!! Most successful club in EPL history!! Not some mid-table poor club! We should have enough funds to decide to buy someone like Fernando Torres or Tevez if we wanted to... not search around the gutters looking for cheap buys.

Seriously, if Liverpool can't challenge the likes of Man-U, Arsenal or even Spurs in transfer power, then we can't challenge these teams in EPL power also.

Thanks to Chelsea, the days of relying on cheap buys are over. We need to be able to table a 20m bid easily if we chose to.

Sigh... Is there something wrong with Liverpool's financial people and strategies? There are more Liverpool fans than Arsenal fans. Liverpool fans are more loyal than Man-U fans.  So why are our finances never able to match up to them?? :(
Trewyn

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:44 am

According to the Express the Mancs are making a surprise bid for Bellamy. I wasnt bothered about signing him before I heard that, I hope we get him now just to p*ss off Ferguson. At £6million he should be a bargain but I still see him as a squad player we need a top quality striker if we are going to win EPL.
account deleted by request

Postby BOODIDDY » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:45 am

13 in a blackburn team. 17 in total. This lad will prove a good goalscorer for us if he comes. Fowler E7, who do you want to replace nando and cisse? You have to be realistic, if its true rafa wants him, then trust him.
Its a fact we cant buy players like teves, trezeguet, torres etc. We dont have the money
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:56 am

I think Rafa has a bit more money than hes letting on and will sign Bellamy AND a quality striker, be it Kuyt, Trezeguet or whoever and hopefully Alves or Pennant.
account deleted by request

Postby stayclearbellamy » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:13 pm

s@int wrote:
I really want us to sign him, I think he'd be a revelation and I don't think he'd act a  here because there are too many big names in our dressing room and I'm sure he'd be respecful. I could be wrong of course, and who knows how he'd act. I think for £6m its a risk worth taking, as worst case scenario we'd sell him for what we paid.

I think signing Bellamy would be a huge gamble and most probably a huge mistake not in terms of the money but in his attitude and ability." Respectful " ? How respectful was he to Shearer who was like a god to the Newcastle sheep. He is a good player not great who has never scored over 20 goals in a season( as far as I am  aware)even when he was playing with the best CF in England. Souness and Shearer couldn't tame him. I would even take Bent or Defoe before Bellamy (and I dont rate them as great players) at least they have time to improve. If we buy 2 strikers (one quality one)he may be worth taking a chance on but as our main buy NO.

i have to agree with you here,this lad is a nutter,we don't need or want this sort of player,he has caused problems wherever he has gone,has a bad injury record,likes the nightlife way to much,would upset the dressing room without doubt,he has no respect for anyone,remember his text messages,no no rafa no,He will spoil all your hard work,i don,t usually post but i had to on this subject,i have a x player as a friend who has first hand experiance with bellamy,last year he told my Evertonian mate about Bellamy and warned it would be a massive mistake for Everton to sign him,he has also said the same to me now,NO NO Rafa..
Last edited by stayclearbellamy on Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stayclearbellamy

Postby red37 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:36 pm

stayclearbellamy wrote:i don,t usually post but i had to on this subject

:D  youve not been in here for an hour!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:59 am

BOODIDDY wrote:13 in a blackburn team. 17 in total. This lad will prove a good goalscorer for us if he comes. Fowler E7, who do you want to replace nando and cisse? You have to be realistic, if its true rafa wants him, then trust him.
Its a fact we cant buy players like teves, trezeguet, torres etc. We dont have the money

this has been his best ever season and he only got 13 league goals, we need a player who can score at least 15+ league goals a year. He's a decent player but no what we need, his famous attitude and temperament dosnt exactly help either. Im sure we have enough money to buy a better quality striker than him.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:36 am

Reds set to complete Bellamy switch

Liverpool are set to sign Blackburn striker Craig Bellamy for £6million this week, but may have to fight off late competition from Arsenal.

The Reds should complete the signing of the Welsh star this week when he returns from his honeymoon, after agreeing the deal to let Djibril Cisse go on loan to Marseille.

The 26-year-old has a clause in his contract that allows his to leave Rovers for £6million but that clause is set to run out in two weeks and so Rafa Benitez will have to move fast if he wants to tie up the deal.

Arsene Wenger is also rumoured to be interested in the former Newcastle man but Bellamy is said to be keen on a move to Anfield so he can remain in the north-west.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:39 pm

I think yes as Bellamy looks like a very competitive player on the field. Whatever happened to him off the pitch was something we don't know for sure. He got that hunger in him to win and that is what we are lacking up front. Crouch is a good player but he lack the finishing Bellamy has. If we can say throw Sinama in and pay 2Million for the tranfer, that would be a great deal for us. THat would leave us some money to get one more forward. But I'm quite skeptical if we are going to sign Kuyt. If Bellamy signs, we will have Crouch, Fowler, Mellor and Belamy for next year. We don't want to break the bank but we need to get someone to replace Mellor. Maybe put Garcia up front if we can't sign anyone else as Daniel Alves is likely to sign and we should have a bonifide right Midfield.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby akumaface » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:40 pm

I think yes as Bellamy looks like a very competitive player on the field. Whatever happened to him off the pitch was something we don't know for sure. He got that hunger in him to win and that is what we are lacking up front. Crouch is a good player but he lack the finishing Bellamy has. If we can say throw Sinama in and pay 2Million for the tranfer, that would be a great deal for us. THat would leave us some money to get one more forward. But I'm quite skeptical if we are going to sign Kuyt. If Bellamy signs, we will have Crouch, Fowler, Mellor and Belamy for next year. We don't want to break the bank but we need to get someone to replace Mellor. Maybe put Garcia up front if we can't sign anyone else as Daniel Alves is likely to sign and we should have a bonifide right Midfield.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby akumaface » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:40 pm

akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Sparky » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:46 pm

Echo!!!!!?

:D
"My Idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility"

"To build Liverpool up and up, untill eventually everyone would have to submit!!!"
Sparky

Postby stayclearbellamy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:06 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
BOODIDDY wrote:13 in a blackburn team. 17 in total. This lad will prove a good goalscorer for us if he comes. Fowler E7, who do you want to replace nando and cisse? You have to be realistic, if its true rafa wants him, then trust him.

this has been his best ever season and he only got 13 league goals, we need a player who can score at least 15+ league goals a year. He's a decent player but no what we need, his famous attitude and temperament dosnt exactly help either. Im sure we have enough money to buy a better quality striker than him.

here here,very well said.we will be sorry if we sign him,i know this for sure,we are liverpool we should not be even looking at this sort of nutter,whats going on???
stayclearbellamy

Postby DonnieDarko » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:53 pm

We would be criminal for us to not sign Bellamy at 6m. Hes an absolute snip at that price. Sure, he might flop but I think he has a greater chance to succeed than Fernando Torres for a fraction of the price.

Bellamy will be the player we thought Cisse would be. Unlike Cisse, Bellamy has a great footballing brain and will work his socks off for the win. Yes, I am concerned about his behavior off the pitch, but I am convince that Rafa can make him a winner.
DonnieDarko

Postby Paul C » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:23 pm

DonnieDarko wrote:We would be criminal for us to not sign Bellamy at 6m. Hes an absolute snip at that price. Sure, he might flop but I think he has a greater chance to succeed than Fernando Torres for a fraction of the price.

Bellamy will be the player we thought Cisse would be. Unlike Cisse, Bellamy has a great footballing brain and will work his socks off for the win. Yes, I am concerned about his behavior off the pitch, but I am convince that Rafa can make him a winner.

You bob on their Donnie, Stevie and Carra would keep the lad in line, he'd be stupid to waste an chance like this, especially with him being a Liverpool fan  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill