Mexes to liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby metalhead » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:49 pm

Mexes is Reds target

Philippe Mexes is a summer transfer target for Liverpool, according to the Roma defender's agent.

Mexes has been linked with AC Milan in the past few weeks, but agent Olivier Jouanneaux insisted a switch to the Premiership is more likely if the Frenchman fails to agree terms for a contract extension at the Stadio Olimpico.

"I have no news of any contact from Milan for my client," Jouanneaux told the Guerin Sportivo.

"There are a number of English teams who are interested in Philippe though, with Liverpool at the front of the queue.

"I am hopeful that I will be called to discuss a contract extension seeing as his present deal expires in 2008."

Source

-------------------

Well he is a decent defender, but he isn't doing that well with Roma.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:31 pm

Worst rumor I have heard in a long time

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:42 pm

i'll put it this way.

when playing at auxerre alongide boumsong, boumsong was always rated the higher of the two.

case closed.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:43 pm

I rate this guy although he is a bit of a premadona!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:36 pm

stmichael wrote:i'll put it this way.

when playing at auxerre alongide boumsong, boumsong was always rated the higher of the two.

case closed.

Really? I don't recall that.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:23 am

if this is true, how many defender do rafa want?
darwisigila

Postby anti-hero » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:52 am

You know, he's pretty good but dont you think that most of our recent French imports have um I dont know...

.. flopped.. lately... ? :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:43 pm

I agree anti-hero but Mexes is a very good player who has proved himself out side the French league (not something many of our previous imports can boast). His performances of late have been excellent. I have kept tabs on him since he left Auxerre (i.e. when we were 1st linked with him) in the hope we would get him one day.

Only question would be; with Carra, Hyppia, Palletta, Agger etc would he get a game?!? Expensive squad player!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby anti-hero » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:22 am

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:I agree anti-hero but Mexes is a very good player who has proved himself out side the French league (not something many of our previous imports can boast). His performances of late have been excellent. I have kept tabs on him since he left Auxerre (i.e. when we were 1st linked with him) in the hope we would get him one day.

Only question would be; with Carra, Hyppia, Palletta, Agger etc would he get a game?!? Expensive squad player!!

:D

Yeah.. I dont think Roma'll let him come on the cheap either..

Maybe if he does come there'll be rotation between Carragher, Hyypia, Agger and him and that would relieve some pressure on Hyypia's ageing legs wouldnt it?

Agger's good but he's still nowhere near Hyypia's level and Mexes can be pretty good cover..

But nontheless, I think with Palleta coming in the summer there'll be less first team opportunities for this guy and I dont think that's what he would want.. if he's leaving Roma the logical thing for him to do is move to a club where he is guaranteed a place in the first team.

He is quality, and I do rate him but though there is the slight possibility that he might play for us, assuming that he may somehow be a feature in Rafa's plans I doubt its going to be long term. And we know how French egos are.  :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby curly_whirly » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:32 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Worst rumor I have heard in a long time

I agree!! Please lets have some sensible suggestions, coz when i read about mexes i just had to  :wwww
- Curls -

*Hail Rafa - Long May He Continue!!*

Question - how can you start a topic? do you have to have posted a certain number of posts before you can submit a brand new topic? Also how do u add pictures to signatures?
curly_whirly

Return to The Rumour Mill