Henry player of year - Gerrard 4th

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:31 am

Hebry has been named football writers player of the year for the 3rd time, terry was second, shrek third and Gerrard only 4th.

personally i put more faith in the players votes than the reporter votes, at least players know the game hence gerrard winning their vote. im not saying henry doesnt deserve the award as he is outstanding but im wondering why such a big difference between the players perspectives and the reporters
112-1077774096

Postby Dalglish » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:37 am

Terry !!!!!!! Second :laugh:

Henry fair enough for me although he hasn't played anywhere near the level he is capable of. A bit harsh on Stevie 4th but what do you expect with the media......Their in love with Chelski and can't get enough of Maureens press conferences on Friday afternoons, have always had a fixation with the Mancs and lets face it Rooney's sidekick Coleen sells space in their celebrity columns which leaves Arsenal , the new darlings of the media after becoming the first London side in over 50 years of the competition to reach the European Cup final.........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mark 23 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:02 am

disgraceful

he is our number one thats all that matters
Mark 23

Postby DZed » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:18 am

Yea, I don't get that. They're all great players but Carragher should be in the top five. He is without question just as good, if not better, than Terry. He might not score goals but he's so solid. Eriksson's a pri ck if he doesn't choose Carragher over Ferdinand and Campbell.
DZed

Postby anti-hero » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:13 am

Unbelievable.

I'm beginning to think Lando's rant about the media being biased against Northern teams is actually true..

Gerrard at LEAST deserved second.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:17 am

well even cheatski fans admit terry has had han off season and their player of the year is going to gallas. asfor henry, rooney and gerrard, all 3 are genius players and you couldnt really argue if any of them were picked.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:34 pm

Yea..
I hate rooney..
But he is a really really good player i must admit..
Ive hated him ever since he turned his dream (playing for liverpool) down to go to our worst rivals

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:51 am

I don't take that award too seriously to be honest, there's always going to be biased opinions in the nominations.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAGE UK » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:52 am

Terry no way shrek no way Henry ...>(no way he has played so good this season Tottenham have done them for 4th place).
Carragher has been absolutely superb again with Gerrard 2nd.
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby hobbes » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:38 am

With all due respect to the rest of the footballers, Gerrard should be the 1 and correctly voted as No. 1.

No other player had portrayed that much of passion and force in a game this/last year. Unlike Terry or even Henry, Gerrard is genius in whatever position you play him. (The endorsement that Gerrard can virtually play well in every position came from the reporters themselves). In mid field Gerrard create chances. You tell me who can pass a ball inch perfect like Gerrard in EPL.

Reporters are rating Henry because of his striking ability and Chelsea cap simply because Chelsea will be taking the Primiership back-to-back for the 1st ever time.

Above all, they just want to dissent from PFA findings and simply want to create an issue out of nothing to boost the sales. Especially now when there is nothing much to talk about.

Thats all. Its nonsencical for the reporters to try to rate the players and create their own listing just to voice out their biased view when all the players had spoken. They are not speaking for all the reporters in the world. Its basically uncalled for.
hobbes

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:55 am

peewee wrote:Hebry has been named football writers player of the year for the 3rd time, terry was second, shrek third and Gerrard only 4th.

personally i put more faith in the players votes than the reporter votes, at least players know the game hence gerrard winning their vote. im not saying henry doesnt deserve the award as he is outstanding but im wondering why such a big difference between the players perspectives and the reporters

Deserved!!! :nod
66-1120597113

Postby joko » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:28 am

peewee wrote:Hebry has been named football writers player of the year for the 3rd time, terry was second, shrek third and Gerrard only 4th.

no fair okay?

about hebry, i don't have commentary
terry is good but not good at second, his must down at 4
gerrard have to the second  :angry:

:glare:
no bleeding fair
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby Alonso14 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:17 pm

Henry has been Brillient at timess, but lazy at times. A bit like gerrard last season. Gerrard has been consistantly good if not excellent all season.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:50 pm

cant really take these awards serious shockin if you ask me: :cool: :p
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion