Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

New manager or 4th - What would you prefer

LIVERPOOL TO GET 4TH AND HOULLIER TO STAY
50%
LIVERPOOL TO MISS OUT ON 4TH BUT A NEW MANAGER
50%

Total votes : 8

Postby Dalglish » Wed May 05, 2004 12:44 am

I was there too and the atmosphere was for once fitting for the occasion. :D You coming down for the CL decider ?
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby glenbuck patriot » Wed May 05, 2004 12:47 am

Dalglish, it's like I said the other night not anger, just frustration, been taking the reality pills :D , speaking to me DAD, he's as frustrated as all of us, he's just not on the "superhighway to hell", like the rest of our generation.

He told me this weekend of that Nutter in the Kop with the bugle said he was deaf every time he left the match!

He told me about his his dad taking him to his first game to watch "The best player you'll ever see" Billy Liddel, second division doldrums then with seemingly no light at the end of the tunnel, said what made him a LIVERPOOL Fan was that even then, it was a different atmosphere at Anfield, you came out from the Match in a sweat even if it was 0-0.... Oh, how I long for those days.

For me it's all about how you were indoctrinated into being a FAN, my first game we were getting beat 2-0 at half time by Spurs, I was heartbroken at half time but me Dad & all his mates said Don't worry Son we'll win... We Did 3-2, so was born my afinity. (73/74, i think?)

I have a bit more faith due to that in thinking that the FAN base will never leave because that's what we ARE Fan's, I also believe that it IS time for change, none of us if we're honest would proclaim that we have a God given right for success, (We've always been the professors of Football Spectatorship, acknowledging GOOD Football!), what we do however require is ENTERTAINMENT, I only hope the next Manager gives us that.

Here endeth what seems to be the sermen :D
Pirrie Labour Club 1976 Bill Shankly Prize giving at local ABA Championships.

"You've been booked in to do a three round exhibition bout tonight Bill."

" My fights don't last three rounds SON!"
glenbuck patriot

Postby Dalglish » Wed May 05, 2004 1:06 am

Thank you REVERAND Glenbuck !!!!!!

Spot on with your Dad's Billy Liddel coments, you are from good stock !!!!!!!! :D 

Your right about not having the God given right any longer to expect and assume success because we are Liverpool and there needs to be major changes made. Problem is as i see it we are so many times in the last few seasons "nearly" challenging and there appears to be weak people on the board who still believe GH might achieve the Holy grail. I suppose they feel teh same way United's board did after 7 years of underachievement with Alex Ferguson. The essential difference for me is that Alex had a plethora of youngsters (Kids like Beckham, Scholes, The Nevilles, Giggs) coming through and we dont !!!!!!!!

I agree its time for change, tahnks GH for the memories and lets be honest we have had some good times but its time to move forward and make a change...........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed May 05, 2004 1:32 am

GH will NOT be manager of Liverpool FC next season. I dont know who will, but Im sure GH will not be manager next season.Liverpool FC dont advertise the managers job in advance.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed May 05, 2004 1:36 am

I disagree GreenRed, not becaue its not what I'd like to see but because LFC have stumped up £30 million for new players and if they were advertising for a new manager secretly why come out in the press and say as much  about money available ? I think we wil get 4th and if we make a poor start to the  season will let Gh go ........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed May 05, 2004 1:43 am

I believe they are giving 30m to the manager,I just dont believe that manager is GH. Why give him the complete kitty when he has only one season left to make it work? It makes far more sense that money is being made available to a new man.That man is not GH.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed May 05, 2004 2:03 am

Can't help feeling that is wishful thinking on your part Grenred but time wil tell .....

Walk on .........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed May 05, 2004 1:27 pm

Dalglish - it is nothing personal against Houllier, we want the best for Liverpool FC. Some see the best way as keeping Houllier, the others see what he is capable of and think we need a new manager.

My own view is that a summer to consider there will be no CL football next season and the actuality of the situation NOT just the possibility might actually make the board stop and take notice. Two seasons without CL football is not acceptable given the fact that fourth gives a team a shot at it and we should be in the top three by now anyway.

If you try something and it doesn't work, how long do you keep trying it until it is obvious it isn't working and try something else? If the TV doesn't come on when you hit the on switch, do you keep switching it on and off?!??!?!?!?! At some point you decide that throwing money at repairing it doesn't work and REPLACE it :;):
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed May 05, 2004 1:34 pm

if we finish 4th i am actually quite optimistic about next season. next season is the last year of houllier's contract so i think the board will let him see it out and then move him on.

i cannot emphasise enough how important champions league football is. this season the whole club has been FLAT without the champions league. there has been little for the players or the crowd to really get excited about. we were out of the league by october, got knocked out of three cups early on. not good enough.

however what has p#ssed me off the most is that there has been no battle cry from anyone when things have been bad. you look at newcastle, who are also having a bad season. their chairman has repeatedly come out publicly and criticised the team for their performances. do we ever hear parry, moores or houllier coming out with anything? no. instead we get lame excuses to cloud the real problems within the club.

rant over :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Wed May 05, 2004 1:37 pm

I hear we're looking at Cisse, Smith, Kezman and even Mexes has been mentioned - if Houllier is set to waste the best part of £20m - £30m on getting that lot, I'd rather see him paid off and leave buying to the new manager
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Wed May 05, 2004 4:43 pm

cisse- £14m
smith- £10m
kezman- £5m
mexes- £7m
that's 36million on 4 players, 3 of which are strikers and no midfielders, we definitely need new talent in the middle.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Wed May 05, 2004 4:48 pm

Smith and Kezzman are unlikely signings i think!

Cisse and mexes are good signings

Just leave centre mid and right wing areas to be filled!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Wed May 05, 2004 7:37 pm

we need a newright wing. imagine a midfield like this:
wright-phillips  gerrard   hamann   kewell
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Wed May 05, 2004 7:49 pm

stapo do u honestly think were going to buy kezman and smith after doing a deal for cisse nearly 12months ago? get a grip lad!
were not buying kezman it was all rumours in the papers, even his agent said we werent interested! stop believing everything u hear!
we might not get mexes that was all media bullsh#t as well, if we get 4th spot and a champions league place there is a good chance we'll get him which would be great!
cisse is not 14m, its going to be 6m first payment, then 4m in installments and 2m depending on appearances and success factors, that 14m tag is media bullsh#t as well!
who said we are getting smith? its way too early to say he's definitely coming, if we sell heskey which we more than likely are, we might go for him but he wont come as owen and cisse (awesome partnership) are goin to be 1st choice strikers, then we have great raw talent in baros pongolle and mellor, but competition is good so we might get smith!

well hope that cleared a few things up, STOP BELIEVING THE MEDIA bullsh#t :p
ICE-MAN

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion