Champions league draw - Who do you prefer

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:57 am

Sabre wrote:When will be the match? It's not the same to face Barcelona with Etoo that is injured, or Gudjohnsen.

Real Madrid is a tougher team than was yesteryear. They play a double defensive midfielder and some of the disorder is gone. For some reason I still think that Barcelona is a better team than Madrid is, but then, I think we could find Barsa's vulnerabilities easier than against Real Madrid. Because they have more magic and pace than Madrid has, but they give more spaces than Madrid does. If you see what I mean it would be easier to see a frustrating game of LG or Pennant against Real Madrid than against Barcelona.

So I say, bring me the Spaniards. Rafa would probably talk about they're the favourites, but in his own mind I think that he knows a couple of things about how to beat them ;) Plus I have the selfish reason that I think that we have many chances (we have many possibilities as we say here :laugh: ) and I'd love to see both the Madrid or Barsa cúnts crying after a defeat.

That Real Madrid is hateable it's a well known fact. We all know them. But Barcelona, for some reason they seem to be liked in England quite a bit. Their supporters are quite disgusting. Not talking about violence, but attitude. When the team goes badly as in the Van Gaal era, they're unfaithful, they wistle their own team and they have inner fights in the board. When the team goes well, they pretend to have been always loyal to the cause, and they think that they have a better taste and knowledge of football, just because they watch Barcelona playing. As if the knowledge of football has something to do with what kind of football you watch.

In a nut shell, and quoting my admired Lando, they're a búnch of bástárds :D  . And I want them beaten by LFC. We can do it.

Oh BTW, I forgot about the other teams.  About the other I wouldn't loke Roma and Milan because they're Italian and that's to say enough. Celtic seem to be a strong team with the underrated in Madrid Gravesen, and that Nakamura (I think), and wouldn't be easy, and the other ones I think we're favourites aswell.

Sabre i like the sound of Roma, we should be too strong for them nd with the history of the clubs and the city of Rome it would bring the best out of our supporters inspiring our players.

The points you mentioned about Barcelona while valid i dont agree with. if we got Barcelona i am certain Rafa would play 4-5-1 attempting to stifle them and we would suffer because of that.
With Real playing 2 defensive midfielders we would probably approach it in a more positive attacking all action manner...and as that suits are best player (Gerrard) then it would give us a FAR greater chance of progressing.
I dont fancy Barca at all as i think Rafa would be far too negative.
Although it worked for Houllier in 2001 Barcelona are a far better side now.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blue » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:29 am

to be honest, imkinda worried about the UEFA draw,
wow, Liverpool vs. Barcelona
its not that i dont have faith on the team but that kinda the team nobody wants to face...
but then again, i have full faith on Liverpool!!!
blue

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion