Champions league draw - Who do you prefer

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:41 pm

Well it's the champions league draw at 11 am GMT tomorrow.

Which team would you prefer to draw  and why ?

Which teams would you most like to avoid?

Myself i would like a little bit of Lille, as i think they are one of the weaker teams we can draw.

Want to avoid Barca  for obvious reasons, but wouldn't mind so much if we got Madrid , as they are no where near the force they once were.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:43 pm

I want Celtic wo we can kick there @sses home and away! :D

We owe the b@stards!
66-1120597113

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:46 pm

Could someone post a list of the teams we can draw please.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:50 pm

Barcelona
Milan
PSV
Roma
Real Madrid
Celtic
Porto
Lille

Any one of those!Its easy to say we want the so called weekest teams.But if we want to win it we need to beat the big dogs sometime!!
Bring them on we are LFC! :buttrock
66-1120597113

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:51 pm

Oops sorry mods , just seen the other thread on this . Feel free to delete this thread. Can't see for lookin.

Cheers for the list Bazza .
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:52 pm

We can't draw PSV
JoeTerp

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:53 pm

JoeTerp wrote:We can't draw PSV

Sorry Joe...they was in our group ! :D
66-1120597113

Postby RichardLFC1 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:30 pm

I would like to draw out either porto or Celtic simply because i think we will win comfortably. I would hate it if we drew brace or milan but got a feeling were guna draw barcelona

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby teamleader1 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:59 pm

Bring on Barca for me lads,

Second leg at home, what a night that will be!
The bigger the challenge in the CL the better we get

Bring it on      :D
teamleader1

Postby zarababe » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:00 pm

Real Madrid.. bring it on :angry:

:)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:11 pm

I dont want Celtic or Porto the Arsenal of Portugal, and as far as Im concerned there is no easy games its a tough round this one ecspecially since we can get drawn against Barca.
Big advantage is the second leg is at home game.
Im with Zara Id love us to get Real Madrid and knock them out at Anfield.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:15 pm

I want Barca I do.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:41 pm

This is a tricky one.

I am usually the type of person that thinks...give us the easy draw and let the so called big guns knock one another out while we sneak through.
But after last season i am not so sure, i know its only a one off what happened with Benfica but i just think our players and fans seem to rise to the big occasion. We expected the win against Benfica and where far to lacklustre against a well organised side and paid the price.
Lets be honest every side that is through will be well organised and up for this, especially if they draw us with our history.
I wouldnt mind Real Madrid, they are a massive club with massive expectations and i would fancy us to get a 0-0 or even better a 1-1 there, and then with Anfield crowd at there most intimidating beat them on our own turf.
I obviously wouldnt mind Lille because despite what i said before we should be too strong in every area for them.
I am not interested in playing Celtic, too much passion and too much like a derby for me.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:41 am

When will be the match? It's not the same to face Barcelona with Etoo that is injured, or Gudjohnsen.

Real Madrid is a tougher team than was yesteryear. They play a double defensive midfielder and some of the disorder is gone. For some reason I still think that Barcelona is a better team than Madrid is, but then, I think we could find Barsa's vulnerabilities easier than against Real Madrid. Because they have more magic and pace than Madrid has, but they give more spaces than Madrid does. If you see what I mean it would be easier to see a frustrating game of LG or Pennant against Real Madrid than against Barcelona.

So I say, bring me the Spaniards. Rafa would probably talk about they're the favourites, but in his own mind I think that he knows a couple of things about how to beat them ;) Plus I have the selfish reason that I think that we have many chances (we have many possibilities as we say here :laugh: ) and I'd love to see both the Madrid or Barsa cúnts crying after a defeat.

That Real Madrid is hateable it's a well known fact. We all know them. But Barcelona, for some reason they seem to be liked in England quite a bit. Their supporters are quite disgusting. Not talking about violence, but attitude. When the team goes badly as in the Van Gaal era, they're unfaithful, they wistle their own team and they have inner fights in the board. When the team goes well, they pretend to have been always loyal to the cause, and they think that they have a better taste and knowledge of football, just because they watch Barcelona playing. As if the knowledge of football has something to do with what kind of football you watch.

In a nut shell, and quoting my admired Lando, they're a búnch of bástárds :D  . And I want them beaten by LFC. We can do it.

Oh BTW, I forgot about the other teams.  About the other I wouldn't loke Roma and Milan because they're Italian and that's to say enough. Celtic seem to be a strong team with the underrated in Madrid Gravesen, and that Nakamura (I think), and wouldn't be easy, and the other ones I think we're favourites aswell.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Crouchamania » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:49 am

I'd love Real or Barca as even thought Real aren't as good as they were it'll still be a cracking European night. Plus we'll be able to give Van Horsegob and Becks a warm reception eh? :cool:
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion