The s*n - Disgrace yet again.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:15 pm

Now we all know that the S*n should never ever be read or bought by an Liverpool fan (shouldn't be read or bought by anybody really but unfortunately it is) after what they wrote after Hillsborough, but yet again they are printing lies.

Surely this pathetic excuse for a paper and the News of the World (the S*n on Sunday) can be shut down for good, all they do is bring harm to innocent people.

Heres the story.

Cole denies 'disgraceful' sex claims

Ashley Cole's lawyer today denied gay sex allegations and said it was 'disgraceful' the England star should face such 'insinuation and innuendo' before his wedding to Girls Aloud singer Cheryl Tweedy.

Solicitor Graham Shear confirmed that legal proceedings had been launched against The Sun and the News of the World over the stories.

His statement, issued today, also said that the Arsenal defender, 25, was trying to focus on this summer's World Cup.

He said: 'These proceedings were commenced because these newspapers published false and offensive articles designed to tell readers that Ashley had behaved in what the News of the World described as a `perverted' way with other professional footballers.

'The newspapers knew there was no basis to name Ashley but arranged the articles and pictures in such a way that readers would identify him.

'There is no truth whatever in these allegations. Ashley Cole will not tolerate this kind of cowardly journalism or let it go unchallenged.

'It is disgraceful that he should be faced with this kind of unpleasant insinuation and innuendo at a time when he is trying to focus on this summer's World Cup and his forthcoming wedding.

'These proceedings will be vigorously and actively pursued.'

In a story published on February 12, the News of the World claimed two Premiership footballers used a mobile phone as a sex toy.

The story did not name the players allegedly involved but the internet has been awash with rumours about who was involved.

The newspaper published a follow-up story on February 19, and similar allegations appeared in The Sun. 

Last edited by LFC #1 on Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:40 pm

LFC #1 wrote:Now we all know that the S*n should never ever be read or bought by an Liverpool fan (shouldn't be read or bought by anybody really but unfortunately it is) after what they wrote after Hillsborough, but yet again they are printing lies.

Surely this pathetic excuse for a paper and the News of the World (the S*n on Sunday) can be shut down for good, all they do is bring harm to innocent people.

Heres the story.

Cole denies 'disgraceful' sex claims

Ashley Cole's lawyer today denied gay sex allegations and said it was 'disgraceful' the England star should face such 'insinuation and innuendo' before his wedding to Girls Aloud singer Cheryl Tweedy.

Solicitor Graham Shear confirmed that legal proceedings had been launched against The Sun and the News of the World over the stories.

His statement, issued today, also said that the Arsenal defender, 25, was trying to focus on this summer's World Cup.

He said: 'These proceedings were commenced because these newspapers published false and offensive articles designed to tell readers that Ashley had behaved in what the News of the World described as a `perverted' way with other professional footballers.

'The newspapers knew there was no basis to name Ashley but arranged the articles and pictures in such a way that readers would identify him.

'There is no truth whatever in these allegations. Ashley Cole will not tolerate this kind of cowardly journalism or let it go unchallenged.

'It is disgraceful that he should be faced with this kind of unpleasant insinuation and innuendo at a time when he is trying to focus on this summer's World Cup and his forthcoming wedding.

'These proceedings will be vigorously and actively pursued.'

In a story published on February 12, the News of the World claimed two Premiership footballers used a mobile phone as a sex toy.

The story did not name the players allegedly involved but the internet has been awash with rumours about who was involved.

The newspaper published a follow-up story on February 19, and similar allegations appeared in The Sun. 

I'm not sure of your point, Scott. Are you saying that they're hypocrites?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:49 am

I thought my point was reasonably clear? All I'm saying is yet again this pathetic rag is making up ridiculous allegations which have no base.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:12 pm

Well done Ashley Cole for sueing them  :bowdown
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:50 pm

LFC #1 wrote:I thought my point was reasonably clear? All I'm saying is yet again this pathetic rag is making up ridiculous allegations which have no base.

Sorry, I misread it.

The Scum had a headline yesterday about Cole suing the news of the world.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:12 pm

it had one today about jose saying benitez got it all wrong about the benfica game. i didnt read it and told my mate to bin the copy before i did. she didnt bin it, so i did and brought her a copy of the guardian :buttrock  :buttrock
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:27 am

To be honest, I think all people regardless of the team they support should have stopped buying that Rag after HIllsborough, even if it was Manu fans they were writing about I'd have stopped buying it (not that I bought it anyway).

The funny thing is that in Iraq war/ world cups etc the Sun tries to mask itself as the patriotic paper but yet it is clearly trying to destroy England's world cup chances. I wish all famous people would bring them to court EVERY time they lied.

Can't be easy for Cole having those things said about him knowing football fans will taunt him.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum