Ronaldo is a disgrace

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby mistyred » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:39 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:
J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:would sooner listen to these guys than the people sky show, fooking brown nosers the lot of them.

Ronaldo the best player in the world my arse

Ronaldo is at present the best player in the world. For the last 2 years he has been absolutely phenomenal, however much it pains me to say it. He's the best player I've seen in the Premiership. For a winger, his goal to game ratio is unbelievable and however much we hate him, he is top top quality.

Rafa lad are you ok? Ronaldo can never eclipse what Thiery Henry brought to the Premiership no f'ckin chance, and on another point he couldn't wipe Messi's ar.se, Ronaldo is over hyped over paid and a complete gobsh..ite too boot.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:41 pm

Big Niall wrote:The best players like Zidane and Kaka step up a level for the big games.

You can include Steven Gerrard in that bracket of top players too.

How many times over the years have players like Henry, Gerrard, Vieira, Van Nistelrooy, Scholes, Keane, Owen, Shearer etc produced in the big, big games?

Until Ronaldo starts doing the business when it really matters, I wouldn't even have him in the same bracket of top Premiership players I have just mentioned, let alone in the same bracket as guys like Zidane and Kaka.

The RTE guys pull no punches and they have called it absolutely right.  Ronaldo - very good player?  Yes.  World class?  Long way to go.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:42 pm

actually henry was amassive choker if memory serves for club and country. dont get me wrong, one of the best to ever grace the pitch, but a massive choker when it came to finals
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:56 pm

dawson99 wrote:actually henry was amassive choker if memory serves for club and country. dont get me wrong, one of the best to ever grace the pitch, but a massive choker when it came to finals

I'll give you that Dawson.  He wasn't one for finals.  But he did do the business in plenty of big games.  Madrid and Inter away in the CL and a few crucial goals in games against United and us in the league stick out for me.  The game where he flicked the ball up outside the box with back to goal, turned and volleyed over Barthez is a goal and a game I'll never forget.
Last edited by JC_81 on Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:06 pm

the guys different class. wasted at barca. fwiw i wouldnt sign ronaldo on a free the guys a class a c.nut
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:17 pm

it seriously looks like all the hype has gone to his head. he seems to especially have taken to heart how ferguson has been going on about refs watching out for players who foul him. it honestly appears that he now believes that he is literally untouchable and all opponents should keep a respectable 2 yard distance. the slightest knock and he reacts like its an insult to his divine right to do a stepover. cnut.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:19 pm

Bottom line is Ronaldo is way short of ever bieng as good as (Zidane ) the most technically balanced player ever in the game, Roberto Baggio, Maradona, Rivaldo, Rommario, Pele, Messi, Eusabio and countless others, oh yeh and Ronaldiniho and Ronaldo the bucked tooth wonder.

Basically he's not all he's cracked up to be.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:58 pm

dawson99 wrote:actually henry was amassive choker if memory serves for club and country. dont get me wrong, one of the best to ever grace the pitch, but a massive choker when it came to finals

I agree.

Henry had more talent than Owen,Keane,Shearer,scholes,viera etc but if it was a final or otherwise huge game I'd prefer any of the above.

Ronaldo is the same but worse as Henry could do it in league games against LFC,manure,Chelsea etc but Ronaldo doesn't even do it for big league games.

Great against average teams consistently but that is it.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:00 pm

mistyred wrote:Bottom line is Ronaldo is way short of ever bieng as good as (Zidane ) the most technically balanced player ever in the game,

Maradonna is best ever - sorry dude.

Fat - yes, Junky - yes, cheat - yes, best ever - definately
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:07 pm

Big Niall wrote:
mistyred wrote:Bottom line is Ronaldo is way short of ever bieng as good as (Zidane ) the most technically balanced player ever in the game,

Maradonna is best ever - sorry dude.

Fat - yes, Junky - yes, cheat - yes, best ever - definately

Sorry Maradona was in your eyes the greatest player but very one footed (fact), Zidane had everything in his locker far superior balance on either foot and could do things with a football that in my eyes makes him the greatest player in the modern era.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:41 pm

Zidane's tricks used to be for a purpose, like giving a wonderful pass or an goal bound shot. Ronaldo's tricks are just for fun.

Zidane was just immense, Maradona was great, yes he was but he isn't better than Zidane.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clarke90 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:47 pm

I think although the Mancs won yesterday Ronaldo was one of the worst people on the pitch.
Messi showed time and time again how much better he is, with the ball stuck to his feet everytime he was in possession.
Ronaldo has shown he can't preform against the big sides.
Riise can look good against the likes of Derby.
Best in the world- no chance got alot more to prove
clarke90

Postby mistyred » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:54 pm

metalhead wrote:Zidane's tricks used to be for a purpose, like giving a wonderful pass or an goal bound shot. Ronaldo's tricks are just for fun.

Zidane was just immense, Maradona was great, yes he was but he isn't better than Zidane.

Thank you  :bowdown
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu May 01, 2008 11:42 am

I don't remember Zidane winning a world cup all by himself!
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu May 01, 2008 11:53 am

Eamon Dunphy Quotes
On Luis Garcia:
"They (Liverpool) should put Garcia where he belongs - in the dustbin."

On Djibril Cisse:
"here we have Cisse, right wing, attempts to put in a cross, BANG...hits the full back, again BANG hits the full back, BANG...off the full back again, and once more, BANG...smacks the full back again.... Millions of euro and he can't clear the first man, I mean...what's he trying to do to the full back here, Kill him??"

On Harry Kewell:
"Kewell should have been yanked off the pitch at half
time and put in a hot bath, a boiling hot bath."
"Fat and a clown. A fat clown for all to see."

On Rio Ferdinand:
"Ferdinand is a clown. He was a liability for the
first goal and he is always a liability. It was Jan Vennegoor of
Hesselink against Rio Ferdinand of Barclays Bank."
"a tramp"

On Fabio Cannavarro:
"If Rio Ferdinand is worth £100,000 a week, then
this guy is worth €100 million . . . . . a day"

On Liam Brady (After Ireland lost a two goal lead against Holland in 1983):
"He is often looked on as a great player. He is nothing of the kind. His performance on Wednesday was a disgrace, a monument to conceit adorned with vanity and self-indulgence, rendered all the more objectional by the swagger of his gait. He was deemed by many observers to have had a splendid game."

On Niall Quinn:
"I'm not gonna address the Niall Quinn agenda, Niall
Quinn is a creep"
"The man's an idiot, a Mother Theresa"

On Barcelona:
"After watching Watford against Manchester City last night
that was like a bubblebath. It was beautiful."

On Garth Crooks and Sven Goran Eriksson:
"ha, ha, ha, that's the first time you'll see sex between 2 men live on the BBC"

During the coverage of Euro 2004:
"You need dictatorships and poverty to produce great footballers."

On Christiano Ronaldo:
the way Ronaldo "clicks his heels", is the "most wicked thing in the game." "a simple cheat" "Poof ball"

On Mick McCarthy:
"He's one of the biggest whingers in world football... he's a bloody eejit."

On Kevin Kilbane:
"Kilbane's head is better than his feet. If only he had three heads, one on the end of each leg."

On John Giles:
"Usually it takes a bottle of Bacardi and a gallon of Coke to get John out of his seat."

On Michael Carrick:
"Carrick was signed for Spurs a few years back for £3m. That's the level he is at. He is a nothing player. He is one-paced. He doesn't have the personality to always get on the ball like a United player should. "

Before the Liverpool .v. Real Betis game at Anfield when Roy Keane announced his retirement from football Bill O'Herlihy stated that in the column about Roy a journalist called him a thug. Dunphy continued roaring at Bill asking him who's column it was. Bill replied it was on the back page of the Sunday Times. "Look at it" he told Eamon. Eamon still pestered him asking who wrote it. Bill replied "I can't remember his name". Eamon continued saying:
"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

On about the Fergie V Strachen feud:
Eamon: "Scots they're either nice or they're horrid and these two are horrid.
Bill: "The Scots wont like that Eamon, thats bordering on racism".
Eamon: "Its not racism its ethnic criticism Bill".

On the stubborn climate which exists in the board room at Real Madrid:

"Bill, Bill... those directors over there are on another planet. They're on mushrooms or something...THEY'RE ON ACID BILL!!!"

On John Hartson:

'Bill, Hartson is not a 7million pound player....its a disgrace, a shambles! This is the state of football today Bill. I have a clip here of why Hartson is NOT a £7million player....Roll it there Bill! (literally 1 second in to the clip) OKAY, HOLD IT THERE BILL!!! (draws a circle around Hartson's :censored:) Bill, that is NOT the :censored: of a £7million player!''
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum