Liverpool v sunderland - Team news

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedRoots » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:34 pm

That was an awful match, we're lucky we were only playing Sunderland today, we would have been punished badly by a better team. The back four were superb especially Finnan(MOTM in my opinion). Gerrard was awful as were the reat of the midfield, I think Alonso has forgotten how to put a decent cross in, Momo gave the ball away to much, Zenden should be replaced by Riise for the next match.

I don't know what to say about Morientes, once again he wasn't really getting the service which highlights our need for a decent right winger. Cisse missed one or two good chances but scored a perfectly good goal which was dissallowed, i'm not too dissapointed with him though as he was started on the right wing where he just can't cut the mustard.

All in all we got the three points but I am very concerned with this poor display against such a weak team.
RedRoots

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:34 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
Liverpool 4 EVA wrote:
Tiiger wrote:
A.B. wrote:
If we continue playing like today, we won't even be able to beat the Spurs!

What the feck are you on about?

I think they will be our main rival for the 4th place

Are you sure you support Liverpool? I'm pretty sure it's EVERTON!

Why?!?

Spurs have won their first 2 games in convicing style and have an excellent squad at their disposal. They could well be close to us in temrs of points come the end of the season.

Sorry, but I have higher expectations for us this season, whether it be realistic in some peoples eyes or not, at this early stage I think we can WIN the Premiership this season, and if not, at least 2nd place....

I don't think any Liverpool fan should be thinking about fighting for only 4th place already?

That kind of NEGATIVE attitude should be reserved for the latter part of the season if we are not doing so well....
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tiiger » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:39 pm

Liverpool 4 EVA wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:
Liverpool 4 EVA wrote:
Tiiger wrote:
A.B. wrote:
If we continue playing like today, we won't even be able to beat the Spurs!

What the feck are you on about?

I think they will be our main rival for the 4th place

Are you sure you support Liverpool? I'm pretty sure it's EVERTON!

Why?!?

Spurs have won their first 2 games in convicing style and have an excellent squad at their disposal. They could well be close to us in temrs of points come the end of the season.

Sorry, but I have higher expectations for us this season, whether it be realistic in some peoples eyes or not, at this early stage I think we can WIN the Premiership this season, and if not, at least 2nd place....

I don't think any Liverpool fan should be thinking about fighting for only 4th place already?

That kind of NEGATIVE attitude should be reserved for the latter part of the season if we are not doing so well....

No problem mate, I understand you feeling.  :laugh:

These world is just made up by oppsite ideas. You are positive, I'm negative; you're the hero, I'm the villain; you are warm, I'm cold....

But we all support Liverpool.
Those who forget the past have no future.
Tiiger

Postby Feeney » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:21 pm

Just got back from the game.... Yes, some poor individual performances from the likes of Garcia and Zenden.

However, did the team play badly? I don't think so. Sunderland had one chance all game (and even Pepe had it covered) and the majority of posession was ours. It looked a lot to me that the team didn't want to get out of first gear.

Did we find Sunderland hard to break down? No, not really - again, we could have had around 3 or 4 today. We could have went on and crushed them after they had a man sent off - but didn't. If we had of wanted to destroy Sunderland, I believe we could have. With 2 euro games in 3 days next week, I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa has instructed the players not to go mad in this game (however, I think the Sissko Kid didn't hear him!).

3 points, clean sheet, no injuries and everyone should be nice and fresh for the 2 games next week. How can anyone be unhappy at that?  ???

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KeepTheFaith » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:28 pm

RedRoots wrote:That was an awful match, we're lucky we were only playing Sunderland today, we would have been punished badly by a better team.

Slightly harsh I feel, I felt we agve a good account of ourselves.
KeepTheFaith

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:41 pm

Charlton have also won their first two games, I'm guessing they will play in the Champions League as well. This season consists of 38 games not 2.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby looprevil » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:59 pm

Sometimes even if we haven't played particularly well you still have to find some silver lining, so far we are undefeated and have not been scored on, let alone had any real worrying chances produced against us.  So far defensively I've been pretty happy with the way we are playing.  Offensively it will come, who knows maybe when crouch plays he'll be the spark we are missing?  Or maybe Cisse or Morientes will suddenly go on a goal scoring streak.  Sure it looks doubtful after today's performance but thats why the season is more than 5 games long.
looprevil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:14 pm

A.B. wrote:

Charlton have also won their first two games, I'm guessing they will play in the Champions League as well. This season consists of 38 games not 2.

:D AB's on top form
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tiiger » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:17 pm

A.B. wrote:

Indeed, so it's not too late to keep an eye on our potential rivals(not the top 3) before game 38, especially when we still have trouble in scoring.
Those who forget the past have no future.
Tiiger

Postby Feeney » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:22 pm

zarababe wrote:
A.B. wrote:

:D AB's on top form

:laugh:

1   Tottenham Hotspur 2 2 0 0 4 0 4   6
2   Charlton Athletic 2 2 0 0 4 1 3   6
3   Manchester United 2 2 0 0 3 0 3   6
4   West Ham United 2 1 1 0 3 1 2   4
5   West Bromwich Albion 2 1 1 0 2 1 1   4
6   Liverpool 2 1 1 0 1 0 1   4

CL 206 - 07 - English teams are Spurs, Charlton Scum and the Hammers!!!!

A few people need to get a grip FFS.....  :angry:

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:55 pm

L-type wrote:are you kidding me? everton will be a mid table side this season at best,  tottenham will be serious contenders this year for cl football

I reckon they may struggle to beat relegation.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion