What went wrong? - And what is wrong?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:01 pm

it's not rocket science and i'm surprised Rafa is repeating the same mistake, over and over.

Bascially, we have 4-5 players who aren't performing on a consistent basis and a formation that isn't working.

Garcia
hardly noticed him on the pitch and he done nothing

Traore

The guy is a clown and has to be one of the WORST defenders to EVER pull on a LFC shirt.  His passing is awful, is awareness is average and he simply isn't good enough.  In fact, he has NEVER been good enough.

Hypia

I've been a BIG fan of Sami for a long time and to be fair to him, he's still a sold defender.  But, like Henzcho, his pace is gone and in the Premier league that is leathal. 

there are others (such as Zenden, Josomi, Cisse and Pongolle) but our formation isn't working.  What's happening is we have Crouch up on his own, winning headers, and winning the ball and he's got NOONE to pass it to!  Our attacks petter out and then the ball gets stuck into midfield when we eventually get an attack to defend.  If a match goes like this, sooner or later you will conceed and lose the match as you try in desperation to change things with 20 mins to go.

I rate Rafa and i trust him to sort this, but he needs to do it soon because, at this rate, we will be finishing 6th
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:07 pm

Couldnt agree more. Sami has been a rock over the past few years but i feel this comin jan is the time for a major signing to come in alongside Carra. Traore should now never play another game for the club. Garcia should be a squad player and nothing more. Cisse now has to be given a starting place to see if he is the striker many of us believe he is. The fact is that Benitez got rid of alot of the s**t in the summer but failed to get rid of all of it.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:07 pm

Repeating the same mistake as he has precious little alternative, especially in the defensive area. We are paying the price at the moment for not being able to secure anyone to expand the squad at the back and on the wings....no real surprise there.

I was sitting watching the game and wondering if a language barrier has anything to do with it all. Sometimes the team don't look as if they are on the same page at all.
Homebooby

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:12 pm

Rafa is wrong, he is an excellent european manager but not an excellent manager in the prem, we have more resources than most teams in the prem, but I suppose you cant have the best of both worlds.
My prefrence get knocked out the CL and concentrate on the prem I mean we finished behind the bitters last season that has to be a joke in itself.
Bread and butter please for next season cause this season is over already, the bookies have paid out Chelsea have won it, absolute disgrace only playing for a CL spot and not the prem but there you go.
Roll on next season suppose I will be about 50 the next time we win the prem.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:15 pm

This result has been an insult to everything we've worked for....hopefully it will force Rafa to rethink things because we've been playing this for the last 2 months and it's not working.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:15 pm

We were suckers - but it doesn't mean you're a bad person !
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:18 pm

Just cant believe it we started out so well, and the pen changed the game, and now international break.
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:18 pm

we simply fell behind and played catch up for the rest of the game, and when it neared the end we pulled defenders, and replaced them with attacking players, also known as a winning mentality!  Now that we had moved everyone up our defence leaked 2 goals.  Simple as that.  Every other week we dont go out with enough intensity and dont move far enough up, finally beitez does this and everyone yells sack benitez !!  you people need to calm down, theres always next week
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bring_back_biscan » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:21 pm

We have a limited, slow squad. Rafa's built this 451 to protect our defensive frailties, and today we defended badly. We are limited going forward because of our lack of speed (we have no ability to counter attack with the likes of Garcia and Crouch), our technical deficiencies(Riise a winger will not make), and we offer no movement for any attacks (Gerrard's the only one of our four 'attacking' players who provides any semblance of movement, and he was shackled by Makelele). And I'm worried about Rafa's inability/reluctance to change things.
bring_back_biscan

Postby JohnBull » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:28 pm

For Christ's sake - We got suckered- so friggin what ?
They are as about as far as they will get and for the money they are great - Raffa will learn more than Jose from this game !
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:32 pm

Each time Crouch got hold of the ball,there's no one near that he can pass to.Seriously,Garcia is :censored:.I don't understand why Rafa chose to start with him although he loses possesions all the times.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:34 pm

I pity Stevie.I hope he won't regret his decision signing the extension with us.Mourinho is :censored:.All the more i hated him.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:35 pm

JohnBull wrote:For Christ's sake - We got suckered- so friggin what ?
They are as about as far as they will get and for the money they are great - Raffa will learn more than Jose from this game !

4-1 John Bull ???  When Wigan held them out till the 93rd minute for a draw, no sorry it just doesnt wash.
raffa needs to sort the prem first and escpecially our home games out in the prem, 1 goal from gerrard from a deflected corner and a free kick from xabi, not good enough by anyones standards at home.
And what great timing to change things hey, internationals.
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:45 am

siti_zaiton1982 wrote:I pity Stevie.I hope he won't regret his decision signing the extension with us.Mourinho is :censored:.All the more i hated him.

Me too. Pity stevie...and one more thing..i would be f**king happy if somebody can break Fat Frank's leg...anybody from blackburn?
:veryangry
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion