What exactly did cisse do wrong?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby sithlord » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:44 pm

Why has Cisse been reduced to 10 minute substitute appearances and rumours he will be dumped in January?  He has by far the best record of any of our strikers this seeason, he's scored in 6 games, compared to 1 for Morientes and Sinama-Pongolle and 0 for Crouch.  Along with Gerrard he is our top scorer by a long way.  He adds the much needed pace required of a target man in a 4-5-1 which Crouch does not have.  He showed more commitment to the club than anyone outside of Carragher last season when he worked his way back from injury to make himself available for the end of the season.  All he has done wrong is get p*ssed off when Rafa tried to offload him to bring back Owen in the last few days of the transfer window, which he had every right to do.  Do we want players who DON'T want to play for us??
sithlord

Postby ynwa » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:56 pm

there is people i know who work or doe somthing with liverpool that rafa does not like cisse
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:04 am

What did he do wrong? Nothing.

He's just not good enough. Simple as that.
115-1073096938

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:12 am

stu_the_red wrote:What did he do wrong? Nothing.

He's just not good enough. Simple as that.

I don't think it is that simple Stu .i think it's more a case of he doesn't fit into Rafa's plan , the guy will probably get sold off in Jan ,join a club who will play to his strengths and start banging in goals for fun .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:21 am

Woof woof.

He's not good enough mate.

If we had a 17 year old Owen in there do you think Rafa wouldn't play him because he wouldnt' suit the style?

I'm sorry mate, the lads not upto it. Thats the end of it.
115-1073096938

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:24 am

Stu we could have had a more experienced 25 (?) year old Owen but Rafa blatently didn't want him  :angry:  Why ? 'cause in my opinion he didn't fit into Rafa's plan .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby sithlord » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:26 am

OK, so he's not worth the ridiculous transfer fee Houllier paid for him, but not good enough?  Where are these other strikers that we have who are so much better than him?  He has pace, power and scores goals.  And currently he is the ONLY striker on our books that you can say that about.
sithlord

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:39 am

sithlord wrote:OK, so he's not worth the ridiculous transfer fee Houllier paid for him, but not good enough?  Where are these other strikers that we have who are so much better than him?  He has pace, power and scores goals.  And currently he is the ONLY striker on our books that you can say that about.

You're not wrong mate , Crouch looks as close to scoring as as a eunuch in a monestary , Morientes seems to be saving himself for an eventual move back to Spain and Pongo just tries to do what he's told .

WE HAVE NO F'KIN STRIKE FORCE Cisse is a proven striker at domestic and international level BUT for whatever reason Rafa doesn't want to utilise him .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:50 am

Stu we could have had a more experienced 25 (?) year old Owen but Rafa blatently didn't want him    Why ? 'cause in my opinion he didn't fit into Rafa's plan .

Rafa did want him. He's admitted as much. He didn't want to pay silly money for him though. Had he been available for 10/11 million we'd have seen him in red.

Cisse has nothing except pace. Absoloutely nothing.
115-1073096938

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:08 am

stu_the_red wrote:Rafa did want him. He's admitted as much. He didn't want to pay silly money for him though. Had he been available for 10/11 million we'd have seen him in red.

Bollox , the only "silly" money involved in the Owen saga was the amount we sold him for in the first place . This was a face saving exercise , Newcastle may have paid slightly over the odds for him but Owen was/is deffo worth circa 14/15 mill . Rafa was actually relieved when Newcastle jumped in with a big wedge  ,the board may have been disappointed but there was no way they were going to compound and admit their original stupidity by resigning a player at twice the price they had let him go for.

But back to Cisse , you and i have often debated his worth to LFC ,your stance is "He's not good enough" whilst mine is "He's a player who has so far not been given a fair shake in his best position " I don't think we'll ever see eye to eye on this one but when he moves on (as regretfully he will) and starts bangin' goals in again i'll give you a nudge .   

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:17 am

He's moody, but then he has a right to be with the club trying to sell him behind his back.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:23 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:He's moody, but then he has a right to be with the club trying to sell him behind his back.

Maybe i'm dreamin' , but give him half a dozen starts on the trot in a 442 formation and you'll see a happy goal scoring striker . If not ,ok I'll have to agree with Stu   :wwww   :sniffle   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 76-1115222408 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:35 am

woof woof ! wrote:
sithlord wrote:OK, so he's not worth the ridiculous transfer fee Houllier paid for him, but not good enough?  Where are these other strikers that we have who are so much better than him?  He has pace, power and scores goals.  And currently he is the ONLY striker on our books that you can say that about.

You're not wrong mate , Crouch looks as close to scoring as as a eunuch in a monestary , Morientes seems to be saving himself for an eventual move back to Spain and Pongo just tries to do what he's told .

WE HAVE NO F'KIN STRIKE FORCE Cisse is a proven striker at domestic and international level BUT for whatever reason Rafa doesn't want to utilise him .

Fu.cking spot on wooly!!
76-1115222408

Postby JohnBull » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:57 am

He was born to be a luxury player - we cannot afford !!!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:27 am

He didn't do anything wrong (as far as we know, we don't know what goes on behind doors between the players and the manager) however he's lacking the things Benitez wants in a striker.

He has a pace and it's a huge part of his game but he needs to have more than that. If he were to combine brains with pace then he would be even more deadly.

His shooting, well he shoots everytime he has the ball. Basicaly he takes ambitious shots that most of the times will not go in. He also doesn't show enough work rate on the pitch, he doesn't chase balls if they aren't near him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion