I was wrong about rafa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redtrader74 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:35 am

cuppatea wrote:I never thought I'd find myself defending Frank Lampard, but his goal record from midfield speaks for itself and he's been one of Chelsea's most important players at a time when they're challenging for (and usually winning) major honours every season.

Based on his international form over the last year or so and the fact he seems unable to play alongside Stevie, I'd stick him on the England bench at the moment, but he's still well worth his place in the squad and there aren't many better midfielders in the country.

Even Butt used to score a few goals, when you play for a title winning side you will always get chances, more than at other sides. Every footballer has one thing that is their strength, Lardasses being he can shoot, usually off someones backside, but look at how many shots he takes. England is the prime example, usually against sides weaker than your average EPL side, he looks like what he is, a distinctly average player, because the side is not set up for him.
'Aren't many better midfielders?' that doesn't mean he is.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:43 am

Better English central midfielders than Lampard? For getting your name on the score sheet he probably is top. Not all clean goals but on the score sheet it doesn't say that. For England to succeed though, I'd rather Stevie got the freedom and had a holding midfielder behind him with Lennon on the right. That holding midfielder is the trouble because Hargreaves/Carrick/Parker/Barton/Reo-Coker for my money aren't up to it. Hargreaves has played well but he's like MOMO for Liverpool, runs round like a headless chicken but doesn't know what to do with the ball when he has it. I'd rather England played 4-3-3 anyway. Crouch and Owen up top with Rooney just dropping off. Let Stevie have all the freedom he wants in the middle of the park.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion