What exactly did cisse do wrong?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:06 am

josip84 wrote:
Judge wrote:the french leagues like the scottish prem, easy to score in :p

Totally wrong. Just look at the figures. Hard life for strikers in the French League. Do you want to know why? You will not be able to find a single french manager who will not put the stress on the importance of the defence.
In the EPL most defenders are awful, compared to what you can see in the French League.
When he played for Auxerre, it never occurred to his manager (Guy Roux, one of the best managers you could ever think of) that Cisse's best position was winger. That difference makes the difference.

ermmmmmmmmmmmmmm........i was joking numpty :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:25 am

Its not Cisse's fault Crouch will be lucky to score 5 goals this season.

We need Dirk Kuyt
tel

Postby Judge » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:27 am

tel wrote:Its not Cisse's fault Crouch will be lucky to score 5 goals this season.

We need Dirk Kuyt

Dirk Diggler more like

he can score  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:31 am

Cisse has not had a fair crack of the whip that much is obvious, but in the short time he has whats also obvious is his inability to link well with team mates, he miscontrols the ball so often that to me it looks like he is either not concentrating or he is just not up to it.
I agree with most that we need to play 2 strikers, 1 isnt working at all, and Cisse might benefit from being played in his natural position alongside Crouch, but i really think the lads all round game is nowhere near that of a top class striker.
His touch, awareness and finishing are not up to it.
Josip 84 in a previous post you said thats because he plays the game 100mph...well when someone is passing it in to your feet if you have basic ball control what speed you can run shouldnt come into it.
One other thing his goalscoring record this season is better than the other strikers...thats true but the opposition were poor, Pongolle was injured in them games...i think he would of fared just as well if not better if he was fit.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:43 am

This is what I think ..... In JAN Liverpool will not sell cisse ....But we need to bring in 2 new CB ,1 RM and 1 Attacking Centre Midfield . Maybe sooner or later we  need sell or let go some of the players that are not fit in EPL like Hypia (old ), Hamman (old), Djimi Traore (play like s.h.i.t), Tellac ( not fit into the systems ) and if other clubs asking for Risse and Garcia , I not suprise they will go .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby hobbes » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:51 am

Ciise is good. He is faster better than Garcia, Crouch and Morientes. We are simply destroying his carrier by playing him on the right. By doing so, inevitably we are destroying Liverpool. Ciise is worth starting.

Frankly I can only guess one answer for Sithlord's question. Rafa wants to prove his plan is right. Crouch is a good buy and that he made a correct choice. That's all.

All Managers has this. I bought him. I had to play hi,m Otherwise what shall I answer to the BOard, press and fans. Rafa is waiting for Crouch to score 1 goal and tell the whole whole that Crouch is whom we need. 

I dont blame Rafa for this. Truly. Its okay to make a bad purchase.(when I say bad I mean a player that doesnt pay off) But after realizing so, its time to change.

Above all why did we sell Nunez at a time when we know we have no replacement on the right wing.? Dont tell me Ciise and Garcia play better than Nunez on the right!

So Rafa made some mistakes. Agreed. HE has also done so much better things for Liv. liek winning a CL cup and Carling Cup and qualifying for CL again.

I am bemused of one fact... when Liverpool won CL Chelsea and other clubs says we are not up to the standard. Some even commentthat CL is easier than Primiership. Primiership is more difficult and so on. But every one fighting for a place to play in it.

I can tell you something to console. We are still in all matches and are generating income. Thats good for the club.
hobbes

Postby josip84 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:43 am

Judge wrote:
josip84 wrote:
Judge wrote:the french leagues like the scottish prem, easy to score in :p

Totally wrong. Just look at the figures. Hard life for strikers in the French League. Do you want to know why? You will not be able to find a single french manager who will not put the stress on the importance of the defence.
In the EPL most defenders are awful, compared to what you can see in the French League.
When he played for Auxerre, it never occurred to his manager (Guy Roux, one of the best managers you could ever think of) that Cisse's best position was winger. That difference makes the difference.

ermmmmmmmmmmmmmm........i was joking numpty :D

Are you trying to tell me that I might have misunderstood your statement? :Oo: That I might have failed to catch the humorous dimension of your post?
Sorry about that...
josip84

Postby redsince2001 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:37 am

Djibril Cisse has played more games than any of our other strikers. [14 games in total]

on how many has he actually started?
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:35 pm

Ciise is good. He is faster better than Garcia, Crouch and Morientes
:no

Since i can do the 100 meters in under 12 seconds i'm probably alot faster than Sami Hyypia, does that mean i am good enough to play for Liverpool?
115-1073096938

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:38 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
Ciise is good. He is faster better than Garcia, Crouch and Morientes
:no

Since i can do the 100 meters in under 12 seconds i'm probably alot faster than Sami Hyypia, does that mean i am good enough to play for Liverpool?

Stu mate, the way you portray yourself on here I am sure you are really Linford Christie/Steven Gerrard/He Man/Superman/Geoff Capes's lovechild. :Oo:
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby antz » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:44 pm

Not bad under 12 seconds if you do a bit of traing Im sure you could get close to these guys records.

100m
9.87 (+0.3)
Linford Christie
Stuttgart, GER
15 Aug 93

9.87 (+2.0)
Dwain Chambers
Paris, FRA
14 Sept 02
antz

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:44 pm

:laugh:
76-1115222408

Postby josip84 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:08 pm

Those who think that pace is Cisse's one and only quality are short-sighted or blind. Cisse being gradually sent out of Liverpool is a terrible mistake by Rafa.
To a certain extent, a lot of french clubs made the some sort of mistake with Cantona. When they saw what Eric was able to do in the EPL, I know quite a few french managers who felt close to committing suicide.
If Cisse leaves, he'll probably do very well in another club, and Rafa's life could be jeopardised then!
IMO in the treatment of Cisse's case, Rafa proves himself guilty of tactical rigidity not to say stubbornness, due to his refusal to consider what Djibrill could achieve with and for the Reds if only he was accepted for what he is.
josip84

Postby A.B. » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:05 pm

Here's one other thing thats ironic. Many people say that 4-5-1 is not Cisse's formation but it's the exact same formation Auxerre used when Cisse played there and scored loads of goals.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:20 am

did he score more goals against the lower teams in that division, or more against the better teams etc??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion