What exactly did cisse do wrong?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:09 pm

JBG wrote:
Judge wrote:
sithlord wrote:African players aren't team players?  Do you watch Liverpool play at all?  Probably our best player this season has been Momo Sissoko!

it would help if you could quote who you are directing that comment at

I think he means John Bull.

cheers jbg

john bull, thought is not your strong point eh mate??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:22 pm

All this talk about cisse not fitting in rafa's system......but didn't cisse play as a lone striker for auxerre ?  ???
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:38 pm

the french leagues like the scottish prem, easy to score in :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:43 pm

Knew it wouldnt take long this is from Craptalk.

Liverpool ace admits he could quit Kop

Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse has hinted that he could be on his way in January.

The French striker is finding life hard at Anfield at the moment with Rafael Benitez preferring other options. He's knuckling down trying to impress in training but admits that he may have to consider his future at Christmas.

Cisse said: "It is true I have achieved a very good start to the season, with a lot of goals. It is frustrating to not be always in the starting XI. But the coach makes his choices.

"I didn't have any talks with him (Rafa) about that, he didn't give me any explanations, but I have a normal relationship with him. I accept his choices, we will see later. I am patient.

"Obviously, I won't spend the whole season on the bench, but we are just at the start of the competition. It is a period for experimentation. The coach is trying a lot of things, so I have no reason for being worried.

"I am waiting, hoping it won't last too long. If the situation does not evolve, perhaps I will have other words in December."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:56 pm

I really hope he doesn't go. For me, as I have said this before in another thread as most of you know, I believe he should be given a 'fair crack of the whip' and play him up front alongside crouch for most of the season and see what happens. Things can't be as bad as they are now in term of scoring goals can they?
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:04 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Liverpool ace admits he could quit Kop

Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse has hinted that he could be on his way in January.

Hmmmmm , wonder if Houllier and Lyon with the wedge they got for Essien might be tempted to come in for him . That will leave us with a stike force of ............ fk all  :(  but at least we'll have cash to splash on yet another problem position. .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby josip84 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:08 pm

Judge wrote:the french leagues like the scottish prem, easy to score in :p

Totally wrong. Just look at the figures. Hard life for strikers in the French League. Do you want to know why? You will not be able to find a single french manager who will not put the stress on the importance of the defence.
In the EPL most defenders are awful, compared to what you can see in the French League.
When he played for Auxerre, it never occurred to his manager (Guy Roux, one of the best managers you could ever think of) that Cisse's best position was winger. That difference makes the difference.
josip84

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:08 pm

If Cisse does go,which I don't want him to, I can see Houllier paying the same amount he did for him last summer as he is daft enough to. Eg. Diof £10 m.

I wouldn't  mind seeing us buy Robbie Keane but the safe money could be on us coming in for Kuyt.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby florida_red » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:36 pm

My first post, don't be too harsh.  I just watched a compilation of cisse goals and saw skills I have never seen when he has been wearing a red shirt.  Lobbing a keeper?  Bringing the ball out of the air comfortably?  This isn't the cisse I know.  I guess its just confidence, in which case we'll never have the same djibril....
florida_red

Postby bring_back_biscan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:58 pm

Cisse hasn't done anything wrong, because he hasn't been given a chance to do anything. And by the looks of things he won't either.
bring_back_biscan

Postby neil » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:00 am

pretty sure rafa wanted cisse at valencia. Am I wrong? ???
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby florida_red » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:00 am

if anything, he's done everything right.  He's scored more goals than all our other strikers combined.  I guess those goals aren't scored within the confines of the system so they're no good:p
florida_red

Postby bring_back_biscan » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:03 am

Oh, yeah, the system.

In the system we trust.
bring_back_biscan

Postby A.B. » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:18 am

He's scored more goals than all our other strikers combine

Djibril Cisse has played more games than any of our other strikers. [14 games in total]
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby cheesecake » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:04 am

Cisse is a top drawer striker and would fit comfortably into any other side. Unfortunately, Benitez prefers 4-5-1 formation that is not conducive to Cisse's style. Not Cisse's fault, the manager's ideal system does not incorporate his style. Not Rafa's fault, we had already purchased Cisse prior to his arrival. Circumstances will see them part company soon. I feel for Cisse, his Anfield experience has not been a happy one.
cheesecake

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion