Kromkamp - What did he do wrong?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby alessandromagno » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:52 pm

I am a bit unsure why within a few months of arrival, Kromkamp was being touted as surplus to requirements. Usually players are given a few months to settle in (and in Morientes' case, a whole season!), but apparently this wasn't necessary in Kromkamp's case. The few times I've seen him he seemed skilful with plenty of time on the ball.

Anyone know why he is now so clearly surplus to requirements? (and has been so since long before the arrival of this summer's recruits?)
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:34 pm

alessandromagno wrote:I am a bit unsure why within a few months of arrival, Kromkamp was being touted as surplus to requirements. Usually players are given a few months to settle in (and in Morientes' case, a whole season!), but apparently this wasn't necessary in Kromkamp's case. The few times I've seen him he seemed skilful with plenty of time on the ball.

Anyone know why he is now so clearly surplus to requirements? (and has been so since long before the arrival of this summer's recruits?)

From my point of view, he is certainly not surplus to requirements. Our right side has always looked very thin and still does, with Pennant only the proper right sided midfielder in our side. Perhaps why he is considered to be surplus to requirements is due to Finnan's consistency. Should Finnan get injured (or should he not), I expect Kromkamp to play a substantial part in our squad.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:39 pm

He's going to be our only cover if Finnan gets injured, so i don't see the need to get rid of him just yet. He's seems decent when I've watched him and I've never thought we should ship him off.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:41 pm

diao can always play right back :oops:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Houllier=LFC » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:07 pm

You can't expect him to play every match when finnan is performing consistently, and i doubt anyone considers him a surplus in the team, except you :D
Houllier=LFC

Postby LFCFan4Life » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:30 pm

He's done nothing wrong, but he seems to be homesick.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby alessandromagno » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:22 pm

Open your eyes, Houllier-=LFC (is that a serious name?) Kromkamp has been being touted to leave Anfield by various sources for months now.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:29 pm

alessandromagno wrote:Open your eyes, Houllier-=LFC (is that a serious name?) Kromkamp has been being touted to leave Anfield by various sources for months now.

You shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers, just because the Independant states Kromkamp is jetting off to Feyenoord or Ajax doesn't mean to say he will, however the person up top who said he looks homesick is correct, therefore he could well move back to Holland. It would be ashame as I don't think he's put a foot wrong. I think if he was surplus to requirements, he would of been sold by now or Rafa would of come out and said he was surplus to requirements, like he did with Nunez.
48-1119859832

Postby alessandromagno » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:04 pm

I don't believe everything that I read in the papers. Still, don't think anyone would dispute the fact that Kromkamp is unsettled for some reason and may well end up leaving. Is it possible he had a bust up with Rafa over something? (and no, I didn't read it!). Rafa is a great manager--the best--but like Sir Alex he can be singularly unforgiving if crossed.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coddy » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:07 pm

stmichael wrote:diao can always play right back :oops:

shut up, now........     :rasp
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:08 pm

I seriously doubt that Kromkamp has done something out of line, if he's homesick then that can't be helped and I don't believe he should be burnt on the stake (so to speak). I'm sure he's being left out the team so speak due to Finnan's consistent performances.
48-1119859832

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:11 pm

stmichael wrote:diao can always play right back :oops:

How very dare you !!!!!!!!!!!

never say that again
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:50 pm

Surplus to requirements?

I hope not.

Like Rafa said, there has to be competition among places in the squad. Its just unfortunate for Kromkamp that Finnan is so consistent. I've heard that he can also, like so many right back these days, that he can play right wing.

Maybe Rafa has that specific role in mind, should ever Pennant be ineligible, Kromkamp takes the spot.

If of course, Rafa has something else in mind for Gerrard.

Boy.. I think there is some truth to what van Basten said.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:24 pm

0asis wrote:
alessandromagno wrote:Open your eyes, Houllier-=LFC (is that a serious name?) Kromkamp has been being touted to leave Anfield by various sources for months now.

You shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers, just because the Independant states Kromkamp is jetting off to Feyenoord or Ajax doesn't mean to say he will, however the person up top who said he looks homesick is correct, therefore he could well move back to Holland. It would be ashame as I don't think he's put a foot wrong. I think if he was surplus to requirements, he would of been sold by now or Rafa would of come out and said he was surplus to requirements, like he did with Nunez.

I think Krompkamp's done all the right things since coming to Liverpool FC, however all source (papers, radio and SSP News) have said that he is home sick (so to speak).  It would be a shame for him to go, as he's not really had much opportunity to show us what he can do, but on the occassions when he has played, he's played well.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby spion » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:56 pm

Kromkamp is not good enough to play for Liverpool. As I write this I'm still coming to terms with the inept performance that the red men put up this afternoon against Sheff UTD & Jan the man was one of the main culprits. I think that the stenght in depth thing is important & you could keep making changes all the time if you wanted, but if they cant do it on the park whats the point? The loss of Finnan was so obviously important to the shape of the team & Kronkamp cant do the same job. It sounds stupid but Josmei was a better player! All of a sudden the right back looks the chink in the defence & at this stage of the season it already needs addressing.
spion

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion