Irreplaceable - Maybe houllier is not that daft afterall

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:28 pm

Just a quick couple of quotes from GH followin the recent speculation in the tabloids. Maybe it will put some of your minds at rest ?

Gerard Houllier today described Steven Gerrard as "irreplaceable" following speculation that the Reds' midfielder is being pursued by Manchester United. 
Houllier has dismissed those newspaper stories as "stupid and laughable" and insisted his captain can fulfil all of his footballing ambitions at Anfield.

"You would have to cut off both my arms before I let go of Steven Gerrard because I would have them both wrapped around him," said Houllier today.

"He is irreplaceable. We have big plans for him here to take him up to an even higher level.

"I want him to not only become player of the year in England but he has every chance to be European and World player of the year in the future as well.

"Lothar Matthaus acheived that as a central midfielder and so can Steven. He's my captain and that tells you everything you need to know about what I think about him.

"Everyone knows what he thinks of the club too."
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:29 pm

You would have to be mental not just daft to even consider letting a player of his abilities go to your bitter rivals !!!! You dont have to be a genius (And lets face it Gh isn't that is he ) to work that out.

Might be a different story come this time next season IF we don't make CL and SG has aspirations to play on the biggest stage. Loyal he is, daft he isn't

:p :p :p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daddyo » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:37 pm

Aw come on Leon, what else is he gonna say bout that?
He'd be crucified(even more than he is now) if he said anything different wouldn't he?
I'm with Dalglish on this, it aint nuclear physics to work out a response to this and having responded with the expected, Houllier aint suddenly 'Mr. Smart' :;):
daddyo

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:20 pm

Sometimes I wish that you guys would get your priorities right. You all come on slagging Houllier off, then the moment someone seems to differ from your viewpoint you jump on their back as well.

My thread was started as an ironic topic to get some reaction from the postees on Stevie Gerrard. I was sick to death this morning reading all the idiots posting Stevies off to Arsenal and starting polls on wether or not Liverpool should sell Gerrard to the Munichs. I was hoping to get some decent conversation going on the virtues of a lad that for me personally has been the ONLY highlight this season for the club I love.

I have if you bother to read other posts then you would know I have repeatedly expressed my dismay at the plight of my beloved Liverpool, and the fact that I beleive the buck for this stops at GH. I did not post this thred and the above quotes to try and vindicate in any way Gerard Houlliers position at the club.

I hope he goes sooner rather than later, however I have it on pretty good authority that he will be in charge at the start of next season. This does break my heart, but I will still go and cheer him and the rest of the boys on until things change.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:38 pm

I agree that houllier should go but it should always be the order of the day to get behind the team and manager no matter how deep the hole they're in is. stevie g i think will stay for another year and will be our best player again next season but its essential that we get 4th for the following reasons:
1-to hold on to the players who want champ lge football.
2-to get money for new players.
3-to attract more players to the club.
I think if we do get 4th GH will stay for at least another season and if thats the case then i suppose i want Gh to stay
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion