How long would you give rb

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:22 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:All I have to do is press a Delete or Lock button on my control panel to do just that.  It’s not a hard thing to do, but as far as I am concerned, Lakes has given his opinions on how much time we should give Rafa and I am all for that.  At least he has posted a reason and not just one of these one liner threads that I absolutely detest and if they continue will drag this forum down.  He’s gone about it the correct way for my liking.  :angry: :angry:

Just because I don’t agree with the sentiment behind the question doesn’t mean I should censor or lock this thread.  He asked a question and the majority of members have slated him.  The thread stays though as far as I’m concerned.

Saying that, half an hour ago, a new member logged on and started a thread titled Benitez Out, posting a link in his opening post to an online petition where you can support the motion to get Benitez out of Liverpool. 

Sorry to anyone who disagrees with me, but that member can fuck right off if he thought I wasn’t going to delete that.  Just because Michael Owen hasn’t signed?  I think a few people need to wake up and smell the coffee which is right under their noses. 

I've posted nothing on this whole saga because it wont get read on here.  There are too many members on here who just want their say and don't actually think before they post.  Your posts get lost in a swamp.

Liverpool Football Club haven’t just woken up yesterday when they realised that Owen might not come to us.  We have been monitoring this deal for weeks, months even.  To say Benitez hasn’t scrutinised every possible angle before yesterday makes you an idiot in my eyes.  Do you think this man leaves anything to chance EVER?  The facts are as clear as day in this transfer.

Anybody who thinks they have a clue about Rafa Benitez and his methods will know that he never goes public on his transfer targets.  Do you think that he will openly admit in the dozens of interviews he’s had in the last month or two about this transfer that he was interested in bringing Owen back?  Of course he wouldn’t.  Why?  Because the price would go up.  Or is that too difficult for some people to understand?  Point number one made.

Point number two.  Does Benitez look like the type of man who will let his Chairman or Chief Executive go over his head?  Look at the past evidence with Valencia.  They soon found out to their cost that you do not fuck with him.  Also, Rick Parry has said that in the last week that his views do not differ with Rafa’s over the potential signing of Owen.  Are people that obsessed with conspiracy theories that they for once just don’t simply allow themselves to believe that………wait for it…………Parry just might have been telling the truth?  He and Rafa agreed that they wanted to bring Owen back.  Where’s the problem with Rafa there?  Sack Rafa cause he wanted to bring Owen back?

Next, and this is the most obvious one of all.  Why would anyone in their right mind buy back an asset which they had sold one year earlier back at DOUBLE the price they sold it for?  Nobody would do that.  Not even if the asset is Michael Owen. 

To sum up, if you ask me, and I don’t care if nobody is reading this because the thread in question which I’m typing this in is ridiculous itself; why should anyone be reading this,  Rafa Benitez has played this the correct way all along.  We have been dealing with Owen for the last few weeks, months even.  Benitez hasn’t made it public.  Why should he?  He wanted to bring Michael Owen back, but wouldn’t pay Real Madrid’s asking price.  What’s he done wrong?  Owen has gone to a club that was his LAST CHOICE, only because he would rot on Real Madrid’s bench otherwise.  Also, he has put his World Cup ambitions over Newcastle as well.  If the reports are to be believed, all it will take to trigger a release clause is a bid of £12 million.  Which is what we are prepared to pay for him anyway. 

This transfer should be put to bed, accept he is a Newcastle United player now.  Watch him win fuck all with them and if it’s meant to be in the future, and the stars say that he will play for Liverpool again, this whole merry-go-round will start again at some point in the future.  I myself can’t see it, and I won’t lose any sleep if he never plays for Liverpool again.  I’m not too bothered about One Player vs The Club debates.  The Club wins every time.

Benitez shouldn’t take the blame, if blame is the right word to use here.  To talk of him getting the boot is plain ridiculous.  Has everyone forgotten who they are a supporter of here?  Nobody should be taking anyone else’s side over Rafael Benitez in this whole affair, least of all Michael Owen’s.

That is one Fu(king AWESOME POST!!

:bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:26 pm

Rafa Benitez.. Rafa Benitez.. Rafa Rafa Rafa benitez..

El campeon Europa..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:37 pm

lakes10 wrote:come on , dont you feel let down by RB today, if he had opened his eye and saw that Morientes is past his best and that Zenden is a pill of poo and Garcia is no better and that Alonso is starting to loos it, we might have Owen and might have got some big names in the club ...after all we are european champions

alonso losing it? come on now, you're taking the :censored:, i reckon he should be given as much time as houllier as houllier should have been sacked long before he was, but i think rafa will be here for the next 10 years, thats how confident i am of him winning us the league, we dont have the money like chelsea to go and break the bank, but it will happen
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:39 am

mrcool2003 wrote:i reckon he should be given as much time as houllier as houllier should have been sacked long before he was.

???

That my friend, is one of the most oddest things ive ever read.
:laugh:
109-1093441336

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:47 am

lakes10 wrote:if we dont play well in the next 5 games and our strikers dont start to put the ball in the back of the net will you strat to think RB should go?

Bit of a silly question really.

Yes I have been disapointed with our league perfromances since Rafa has arrived, but to be honest it has been 3 seasons of poor perfromaces in the league. I am more than willing to forget last season as it was his first and he was still coming to terms with everything.

But this season we expect much better in the league and the Boss has my full support.

And yes I am disapointed that we havent signed a RM and a CB, but I'm sure it wasnt due to a lack of trying, at least we didnt get held to ransom as we have in the past.

The season starts on 10 September for me. If we look at the facts: We have qualified for the groups stages of the  Champions League, the distraction of the Super Cup is over and we won it, we beat Sunderland at home and drew to Middlesbrough away and kept 2 clean sheets. The tranfer deadline has gone, so no more of the out of control rumour stuff, the players we have are the ones that will be worked with for the next 4 months.

All the silly business is out of the way, only the World Club Championship remains, and we wont have to worry about that until december.

So onwards and upwards.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:54 am

i'll say it again it ain't rafa its moores and parry . Rafa is a living legend and very meticulous. Is only problem is that moores and parry haven't backed him as they should of. They got out of jail free last year due to rafa's appointment. But have again blundered as they did with houllier and just aren't big enough for LFC
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:52 am

Simao Sambrosa,
he loves samosa's,
he came from Lisbon,
to bring us joy,
he's 4 foot 7, Garcia's cousin,
dont take my Sambrosa away.

what?

have i missed something?
109-1093441336

Postby matrix » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:47 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:All I have to do is press a Delete or Lock button on my control panel to do just that.  It’s not a hard thing to do, but as far as I am concerned, Lakes has given his opinions on how much time we should give Rafa and I am all for that.  At least he has posted a reason and not just one of these one liner threads that I absolutely detest and if they continue will drag this forum down.  He’s gone about it the correct way for my liking.  :angry: :angry:

Just because I don’t agree with the sentiment behind the question doesn’t mean I should censor or lock this thread.  He asked a question and the majority of members have slated him.  The thread stays though as far as I’m concerned.

Saying that, half an hour ago, a new member logged on and started a thread titled Benitez Out, posting a link in his opening post to an online petition where you can support the motion to get Benitez out of Liverpool. 

Sorry to anyone who disagrees with me, but that member can fuck right off if he thought I wasn’t going to delete that.  Just because Michael Owen hasn’t signed?  I think a few people need to wake up and smell the coffee which is right under their noses. 

I've posted nothing on this whole saga because it wont get read on here.  There are too many members on here who just want their say and don't actually think before they post.  Your posts get lost in a swamp.

Liverpool Football Club haven’t just woken up yesterday when they realised that Owen might not come to us.  We have been monitoring this deal for weeks, months even.  To say Benitez hasn’t scrutinised every possible angle before yesterday makes you an idiot in my eyes.  Do you think this man leaves anything to chance EVER?  The facts are as clear as day in this transfer.

Anybody who thinks they have a clue about Rafa Benitez and his methods will know that he never goes public on his transfer targets.  Do you think that he will openly admit in the dozens of interviews he’s had in the last month or two about this transfer that he was interested in bringing Owen back?  Of course he wouldn’t.  Why?  Because the price would go up.  Or is that too difficult for some people to understand?  Point number one made.

Point number two.  Does Benitez look like the type of man who will let his Chairman or Chief Executive go over his head?  Look at the past evidence with Valencia.  They soon found out to their cost that you do not fuck with him.  Also, Rick Parry has said that in the last week that his views do not differ with Rafa’s over the potential signing of Owen.  Are people that obsessed with conspiracy theories that they for once just don’t simply allow themselves to believe that………wait for it…………Parry just might have been telling the truth?  He and Rafa agreed that they wanted to bring Owen back.  Where’s the problem with Rafa there?  Sack Rafa cause he wanted to bring Owen back?

Next, and this is the most obvious one of all.  Why would anyone in their right mind buy back an asset which they had sold one year earlier back at DOUBLE the price they sold it for?  Nobody would do that.  Not even if the asset is Michael Owen. 

To sum up, if you ask me, and I don’t care if nobody is reading this because the thread in question which I’m typing this in is ridiculous itself; why should anyone be reading this,  Rafa Benitez has played this the correct way all along.  We have been dealing with Owen for the last few weeks, months even.  Benitez hasn’t made it public.  Why should he?  He wanted to bring Michael Owen back, but wouldn’t pay Real Madrid’s asking price.  What’s he done wrong?  Owen has gone to a club that was his LAST CHOICE, only because he would rot on Real Madrid’s bench otherwise.  Also, he has put his World Cup ambitions over Newcastle as well.  If the reports are to be believed, all it will take to trigger a release clause is a bid of £12 million.  Which is what we are prepared to pay for him anyway. 

This transfer should be put to bed, accept he is a Newcastle United player now.  Watch him win fuck all with them and if it’s meant to be in the future, and the stars say that he will play for Liverpool again, this whole merry-go-round will start again at some point in the future.  I myself can’t see it, and I won’t lose any sleep if he never plays for Liverpool again.  I’m not too bothered about One Player vs The Club debates.  The Club wins every time.

Benitez shouldn’t take the blame, if blame is the right word to use here.  To talk of him getting the boot is plain ridiculous.  Has everyone forgotten who they are a supporter of here?  Nobody should be taking anyone else’s side over Rafael Benitez in this whole affair, least of all Michael Owen’s.

the post of the day   jonnymac        :bowdown   :bowdown    :bowdown

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:13 am

meelan#5 wrote:
mrcool2003 wrote:i reckon he should be given as much time as houllier as houllier should have been sacked long before he was.

???

That my friend, is one of the most oddest things ive ever read.
:laugh:

lol and me
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:25 pm

Oh, so it did get read then. ???

Still too much doom and gloom around here for my liking.  Watch this, we'll play out of our skins, go and win two or three games now and everybody will forget about the last couple of days.  You'd think we were a shit side or something, which is far from the case.  Just because we haven't signed anyone doesn't automatically make us a WORSE side than we were last week.  We haven't gone backwards just because we didn't sign some players.  Don't forget that. 

I can understand why everybody is frustrated but forget about it.  Owen wont win shit with Newcastle and he knows it deep down I'm sure.  That's what football is about isn't it?  Winning trophies?  I don't even know why I wrote that cause I'm not bothered Owen never came back to us.  It's his loss and he knows it.  I'm over it.  Fair enough, we could have done with cover in a couple of positions but I'm not worried.  I know we'll get it right. 

And again, as far as this topic title goes, Benitez should be applauded.  Has everyone forgotten what has happened in the last couple of years with the Houllier era?  Did anyone have any hope left at that time?  Did everyone expect Benitez to miraculously cure the league form which has plagued us in one season?  Two seasons? 

He will get us there.  The man deserves the unconditional respect of everyone for what he gave us last season.
jonnymac1979

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:32 pm

i didn't realise until now that Liverpool failure to get Michael has such a negative impact on some of the people here.

:(  :(
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion