We dont look like winning the title... - For a long long time!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:51 pm

Sorry to be a party pooper, but the days when Liverpool used to dominate teams are long gone. Fraid so. I havent seen a  Liverpool team play fluently, or consistently, put teams under constant pressure, or just be dominant all over the pitch for a long time. Must be 1990 since Ive last seen it.

Theres just no cohesion amongst players, the will to win, the heart. We need a Tommy Smith, a Greame Souness etc. Althgh Stevie G posseses some of those qualities, he alone aint gonna pull it out of the hat. He may not even be around much longer, you never know.

I think we are gonna find it hard to finish 4th this season, with all the change etc. It aint just gonna happen automatically. look at the results so far and it tells a bad Story......We've beaten most of the first divisions promoted so far easily, as we should be having a lot more firepower in the transfer market. We got beat by Utd, who beat us cause they were basically up for it. They were so poor prior to that game and everyone was calling for Silvestre to be dropped!
We go away to olympiacaos, and dont even turn up! just no existence! People were saying Rivaldo last season was past it when there was anfield transfer speculation, but he still looked sharp to me!

Chelsea tonight, they have been turned upside down as much as LFC, but if we are gonna go away for most games this season and not turn up, it aint worth it. send the reserves instead.

All im saying is, dont just think we will finish 4th or higher automatically this season. could be far worse. we is now 11th.
we've got the game in hand, but if you dont win yer games its a waste of time.

In Europe, I dont think we have the team right now to compete, although I think we'll get through this group stage, it could be a short lived jouney this season.

Playing Finnan on the wing is costing us points, he's purely a defender, playing 5 in midfield and just one striker, is pointless no matter who u play, if 2 or 3 of yer midfielders are rubbish, or theres no cohesion.

BAros and Cisse, in my book have to start every game.

I cant see the glory days coming back for a long time, we are so far behind arsenal its untrue. hope im wrong but............
72-1090627431

Postby stmichael » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:55 pm

Hustlers Revenge wrote:Sorry to be a party pooper, but the days when Liverpool used to dominate teams are long gone.

have you just come out of a coma or what? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion