How long would you give rb

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:47 pm

I seriously hope that no one at the Liverpool board dont share even 1% of your views. Rafa is here for the long term. There is simply no question about it, No one is doubting his abilities. He won La Liga in his first year and then second also. And hes won the European Cup in his first at liverpool. In my view im thinking that you perhaps have a lack of braincells up in you skull son. How many idots must we deal with.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:49 pm

How long would I give Rafa?  Forever.  End of thread. 

Was this thread born because Owen didn't sign?  Get over it Lakes.  Who gives a fuck about Owen now?  He's not our player.  I'm getting tired of this place.
jonnymac1979

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:53 pm

Jonny mac please delete this thread. There seems to be some post owen angry fans here who are irrational and are trying to turnt he heads of rest of us,.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:00 pm

lakes has an opinion - let him express it. he's done it in a lot more restrained fashion than most of the knee-jerk aggressive responses.

if this is an open forum there are always going to be people, genuine lfc fans, who are going to express doubts about the manager from time to time.  if this is going to turn into the kind of place where you can't express an idea against popular opinion its days as a quality forum are over. the thread the guy started about his petition to remove benitez was perfectly vaild. 99.9% of people probably strongly disagreed - fine, so its ok.

i'm sure at some point in the coming season i'll have a criticism of benitez for a subsitution, formation, whatever. am i likely to get people calling me a bitter or to f*ck off and support chelsea?

its the reactions to the suggestions that are the problem, not the suggestions themselves.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:03 pm

andy, i dont disagree with what you say, but do we need 500 threads on relatively the same issues??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:05 pm

well thats an old problem thats not going to go away in a hurry, judge. far too little thought goes on before posting these days.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:13 pm

if we get Simao Sabrosa  then i will understand why RB did not take on Owen, the money was already gone on this deal.i just hope that this is not a smoke screen klike other clubs have done in the past on missing out on a deal
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:22 pm

andy_g wrote:well thats an old problem thats not going to go away in a hurry, judge. far too little thought goes on before posting these days.

its a shame that the topics couldnt be pre-set, and not added to, then perhaps things may not get too heated.

we just post within the framework set by the websites capabilities or rules. written aren't enough on here, but set rules may work better.

i myself am guilty of abusing the forum and posting rubbish at times, but much of the time it is harmless fun, not serious. nonetheless, i am first to apologise if i am wrong etc.

others on here do not say sorry for their shortcomings, and they know who they are
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:40 pm

oh, alright then. i'm sorry.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:53 pm

All I have to do is press a Delete or Lock button on my control panel to do just that.  It’s not a hard thing to do, but as far as I am concerned, Lakes has given his opinions on how much time we should give Rafa and I am all for that.  At least he has posted a reason and not just one of these one liner threads that I absolutely detest and if they continue will drag this forum down.  He’s gone about it the correct way for my liking.  :angry: :angry:

Just because I don’t agree with the sentiment behind the question doesn’t mean I should censor or lock this thread.  He asked a question and the majority of members have slated him.  The thread stays though as far as I’m concerned.

Saying that, half an hour ago, a new member logged on and started a thread titled Benitez Out, posting a link in his opening post to an online petition where you can support the motion to get Benitez out of Liverpool. 

Sorry to anyone who disagrees with me, but that member can fuck right off if he thought I wasn’t going to delete that.  Just because Michael Owen hasn’t signed?  I think a few people need to wake up and smell the coffee which is right under their noses. 

I've posted nothing on this whole saga because it wont get read on here.  There are too many members on here who just want their say and don't actually think before they post.  Your posts get lost in a swamp.

Liverpool Football Club haven’t just woken up yesterday when they realised that Owen might not come to us.  We have been monitoring this deal for weeks, months even.  To say Benitez hasn’t scrutinised every possible angle before yesterday makes you an idiot in my eyes.  Do you think this man leaves anything to chance EVER?  The facts are as clear as day in this transfer.

Anybody who thinks they have a clue about Rafa Benitez and his methods will know that he never goes public on his transfer targets.  Do you think that he will openly admit in the dozens of interviews he’s had in the last month or two about this transfer that he was interested in bringing Owen back?  Of course he wouldn’t.  Why?  Because the price would go up.  Or is that too difficult for some people to understand?  Point number one made.

Point number two.  Does Benitez look like the type of man who will let his Chairman or Chief Executive go over his head?  Look at the past evidence with Valencia.  They soon found out to their cost that you do not fuck with him.  Also, Rick Parry has said that in the last week that his views do not differ with Rafa’s over the potential signing of Owen.  Are people that obsessed with conspiracy theories that they for once just don’t simply allow themselves to believe that………wait for it…………Parry just might have been telling the truth?  He and Rafa agreed that they wanted to bring Owen back.  Where’s the problem with Rafa there?  Sack Rafa cause he wanted to bring Owen back?

Next, and this is the most obvious one of all.  Why would anyone in their right mind buy back an asset which they had sold one year earlier back at DOUBLE the price they sold it for?  Nobody would do that.  Not even if the asset is Michael Owen. 

To sum up, if you ask me, and I don’t care if nobody is reading this because the thread in question which I’m typing this in is ridiculous itself; why should anyone be reading this,  Rafa Benitez has played this the correct way all along.  We have been dealing with Owen for the last few weeks, months even.  Benitez hasn’t made it public.  Why should he?  He wanted to bring Michael Owen back, but wouldn’t pay Real Madrid’s asking price.  What’s he done wrong?  Owen has gone to a club that was his LAST CHOICE, only because he would rot on Real Madrid’s bench otherwise.  Also, he has put his World Cup ambitions over Newcastle as well.  If the reports are to be believed, all it will take to trigger a release clause is a bid of £12 million.  Which is what we are prepared to pay for him anyway. 

This transfer should be put to bed, accept he is a Newcastle United player now.  Watch him win fuck all with them and if it’s meant to be in the future, and the stars say that he will play for Liverpool again, this whole merry-go-round will start again at some point in the future.  I myself can’t see it, and I won’t lose any sleep if he never plays for Liverpool again.  I’m not too bothered about One Player vs The Club debates.  The Club wins every time.

Benitez shouldn’t take the blame, if blame is the right word to use here.  To talk of him getting the boot is plain ridiculous.  Has everyone forgotten who they are a supporter of here?  Nobody should be taking anyone else’s side over Rafael Benitez in this whole affair, least of all Michael Owen’s.
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Postby lakes10 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:11 pm

thanks jonnymac, and a great post by the way
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:17 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:All I have to do is press a Delete or Lock button on my control panel to do just that.  It’s not a hard thing to do, but as far as I am concerned, Lakes has given his opinions on how much time we should give Rafa and I am all for that.  At least he has posted a reason and not just one of these one liner threads that I absolutely detest and if they continue will drag this forum down.  He’s gone about it the correct way for my liking.  :angry: :angry:

Just because I don’t agree with the sentiment behind the question doesn’t mean I should censor or lock this thread.  He asked a question and the majority of members have slated him.  The thread stays though as far as I’m concerned.

Saying that, half an hour ago, a new member logged on and started a thread titled Benitez Out, posting a link in his opening post to an online petition where you can support the motion to get Benitez out of Liverpool. 

Sorry to anyone who disagrees with me, but that member can fuck right off if he thought I wasn’t going to delete that.  Just because Michael Owen hasn’t signed?  I think a few people need to wake up and smell the coffee which is right under their noses. 

I've posted nothing on this whole saga because it wont get read on here.  There are too many members on here who just want their say and don't actually think before they post.  Your posts get lost in a swamp.

Liverpool Football Club haven’t just woken up yesterday when they realised that Owen might not come to us.  We have been monitoring this deal for weeks, months even.  To say Benitez hasn’t scrutinised every possible angle before yesterday makes you an idiot in my eyes.  Do you think this man leaves anything to chance EVER?  The facts are as clear as day in this transfer.

Anybody who thinks they have a clue about Rafa Benitez and his methods will know that he never goes public on his transfer targets.  Do you think that he will openly admit in the dozens of interviews he’s had in the last month or two about this transfer that he was interested in bringing Owen back?  Of course he wouldn’t.  Why?  Because the price would go up.  Or is that too difficult for some people to understand?  Point number one made.

Point number two.  Does Benitez look like the type of man who will let his Chairman or Chief Executive go over his head?  Look at the past evidence with Valencia.  They soon found out to their cost that you do not fuck with him.  Also, Rick Parry has said that in the last week that his views do not differ with Rafa’s over the potential signing of Owen.  Are people that obsessed with conspiracy theories that they for once just don’t simply allow themselves to believe that………wait for it…………Parry just might have been telling the truth?  He and Rafa agreed that they wanted to bring Owen back.  Where’s the problem with Rafa there?  Sack Rafa cause he wanted to bring Owen back?

Next, and this is the most obvious one of all.  Why would anyone in their right mind buy back an asset which they had sold one year earlier back at DOUBLE the price they sold it for?  Nobody would do that.  Not even if the asset is Michael Owen. 

To sum up, if you ask me, and I don’t care if nobody is reading this because the thread in question which I’m typing this in is ridiculous itself; why should anyone be reading this,  Rafa Benitez has played this the correct way all along.  We have been dealing with Owen for the last few weeks, months even.  Benitez hasn’t made it public.  Why should he?  He wanted to bring Michael Owen back, but wouldn’t pay Real Madrid’s asking price.  What’s he done wrong?  Owen has gone to a club that was his LAST CHOICE, only because he would rot on Real Madrid’s bench otherwise.  Also, he has put his World Cup ambitions over Newcastle as well.  If the reports are to be believed, all it will take to trigger a release clause is a bid of £12 million.  Which is what we are prepared to pay for him anyway. 

This transfer should be put to bed, accept he is a Newcastle United player now.  Watch him win fuck all with them and if it’s meant to be in the future, and the stars say that he will play for Liverpool again, this whole merry-go-round will start again at some point in the future.  I myself can’t see it, and I won’t lose any sleep if he never plays for Liverpool again.  I’m not too bothered about One Player vs The Club debates.  The Club wins every time.

Benitez shouldn’t take the blame, if blame is the right word to use here.  To talk of him getting the boot is plain ridiculous.  Has everyone forgotten who they are a supporter of here?  Nobody should be taking anyone else’s side over Rafael Benitez in this whole affair, least of all Michael Owen’s.

dont you just hate those folk who can type alot, as much as those who type very little  :D

great post jmac, and cheers andy that your sorry  :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dia- mond » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:33 pm

jmac, I totaly,whole heartly,absolutly,without a shadow of doubt agree .
voice of reason.
dia- mond

Postby RedWolf35 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:44 pm

Johnny Mac 

:bowdown
RedWolf35

Postby gabbyh » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:19 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:All I have to do is press a Delete or Lock button on my control panel to do just that.  It’s not a hard thing to do, but as far as I am concerned, Lakes has given his opinions on how much time we should give Rafa and I am all for that.  At least he has posted a reason and not just one of these one liner threads that I absolutely detest and if they continue will drag this forum down.  He’s gone about it the correct way for my liking.  :angry: :angry:

I read your post and say Amen to that.
gabbyh

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion