One more season
24%
Another 5 year plan
12%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 17

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:57 pm

Hopefully only to the end of the season!
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:01 pm

I think regardless of what happens Houllier will be here for next season.

He's the luckiest manager in the Premiership in having such a supportive board.

Whether he deserves another chance, well, I think most people here wouldn't think so.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:21 pm

Nope, i think he won't be around. If i am not wrong only david moores is supporting GH. If the rest of the board want him out, GH will be out.

It is not only just about finishing 4th. It is how Liverpool gets there, that is important.

It does not give much confidence for next season if liverpool finish 4th due to Newcastle, Birmingham and Charlton cocking up.

If the board had Liverpool's interest in their Heads & Hearts, i believe they would think like me too...

In summary, i am pretty much sure next season will be much better for us........
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zackboxer » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:32 pm

Even though we've been dire for the past couple of seasons, he'll still be here next season.

We'll scrape in to 4th, GH will claim the season has been a success and that we achieved our aim of CL football and he'll get another year regardless of how poor the team has been. Unless we miss out on the CL again, I don't think the board will do anything.
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:41 pm

I cant believe that the board can sit back and let this happen, i feel like crying some times. Moores must be houlliers best friend or bum chum or something.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:50 pm

The board don't give a damn about us, they always back Houllier 100%, which are frustrated for Liverpool fans, I had enough of him after he promised us to play attacking formation in the early of the season, he didn't use attacking formation and didn't buy any flair players that we need so badly. We are not good enough! All I want is Houllier out right now, because we will lose a lot of money next season if we don't reach to the CL, which is biggest worry for Liverpool fans, how the hell that Houllier going to pay 14m for Cisse, which is crazy, we could have buy 2 or 3 players for 14m but pay 14m on one player, crazy! I have seen him on Eurosport a few times, he doesn't impressed me, because Auxerre is really small club of France and we are bigger club than Auxerre, so I bet Auxerre will be laughing at us next season if Cisse flop! We cannot to make another stupid mistake like we bought Diouf for crazy price, so we will be extra Laughing Stock again, do you want that or not?
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:54 pm

If, as expected GH keeps his job - The team will have to stsrt next season very well. A dodgy start will see the crowd turn on the manager and the board in a big way. I wonder if Moores and Parry are aware of this?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chinesegirl » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:09 pm

end of this season.
It's time to he leave .But he is still a good manager.
watch match on tv to support LFC now
watch mathc in anfield to support several years later!
i'll study hard for LFC
Chinesegirl

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:29 pm

The_Rock wrote:It does not give much confidence for next season if liverpool finish 4th due to Newcastle, Birmingham and Charlton cocking up.

What if they lose each of their next eight games and we win ours?  They'd have stuffed up but we'd have finished with a flyer.  How could something like that (though perhaps not as extreme) be a bad thing?
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:16 pm

Well lets get into the CL and Judge next season after 6 years in charge. If his record of good seasons drops to 50% then yeah i'd say to get rid.

If its a decent season next season then he deserves to stay.

so far 3 good, 1 pretty bad but we had a cup win, and this one very dissapointing but a freak of a season in at least 3 ways.
115-1073096938

Postby brian cresswell » Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:08 pm

agreed the first three seasons were good but the last two weve been going backwards,houlliers tactics have been found out and he has run out of ideas, so how long are we going to keep slipping down towards mid table before the board act.I think we will get the fourth spot only because newcastle and the rest are as inconsistant if not worse than us, and houllier will stay,but dont forget finishing fourth only guarentees us a playoff spot and if the draw is not favourable then who knows
brian cresswell

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:13 pm

Brian the worst we'll ever get is this what we are now i feel.

I can't understand why people think Houllier is so poor? WAKE UP!!! HE ISN'T. I'm not saying he's the best as he hasn't proven it, he's proven hes a good manager tho, since he took charge we've looked a better side in that we actually believe we can win stuff instead of hoping like under Evans and we've won cups. We've actually won things. He isn't a bad manager and never will be... is he a great one? only time till tell.
115-1073096938

Postby brian cresswell » Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:33 pm

stu i never said he was a poor manager,the achievments in the first three seasons had me convinced that he was finally going to land us the premiership but the way we have struggled over the last two seasons especially against teams we should be hammering has changed my mind.Teams now play liverpool with the attitude of eleven men behind the ball knowing we will struggle to break them down.Like i said before i think he will be in charge next season and i as a liverpool supporter hope i am wrong ,time will tell
brian cresswell

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:38 pm

Brian sorry mate the comment about people thinkin he was poor wasn't aimed at you... just in general.
115-1073096938

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:49 pm

in my opinion houllier did well in his first few seasons, and i reall believed he was gonna take us to the the top again, but the past two seasons have been unbelieveably poor. His tactics have been found out by everyone and it is clear to me that he dosnt have the ability to get us out of this downturn. this season we havnt even won 3 games in a row for gods sake!
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion