Houllier back in work - It's true

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:39 pm

Bookmakers have suspended betting after Gerald Houllier came from nowhere to become the 5/2 favourite for the job as Temporary Seasonal Sales Assistant at Apollo DVD store in Brighton.

Houllier said, "Obviously I'm flattered to be linked with the job but I won't return to work unless it's the right move for me. I can't say any more at this point".

Previous front-runner Lee Baines said, "I've got retail experience from my summer job at Halfords and I'm in the second year of a Film Studies degree. I can see why Apollo would look to someone with the calibre of Houllier but it would be nice if someone would take on a so-called novice like myself once in a while".

Welcome back Ged!

:D  :D  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:53 pm

I thought he was directing in films "Brewsters Millions" you know the one, you have to spend £100m and have nothing of value to show for it.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:55 pm

Big Niall wrote:I thought he was directing in films "Brewsters Millions" you know the one, you have to spend £100m and have nothing of value to show for it.

that aswell :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby wet echo » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:29 pm

sad to think that this man has become the butt of jokes,yes he made mistakes and yes some and only some of his buys were questionable but i do think he deserves a little bit more respect than he is getting..we are liverpool not everton,lets try and keep it in perspective guys..
wet echo

Postby Rafas Amigo » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:50 pm

Big Niall wrote:I thought he was directing in films "Brewsters Millions" you know the one, you have to spend £100m and have nothing of value to show for it.

class  :D  :D  :D
JAMIE '  ILL STAY TILL THE CLUB DOSENT WANT ME  ' CARRAGHER
Rafas Amigo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:34 am

Nothing of value?  A treble of FA, UEFA and League cups is nothing of value  ???
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:30 am

I have to agree that your lack of respect for a man who has been the most succesful manager in the last 15 years is embarrasing.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby padzer » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:35 am

Give the man some credit.  Some folk forget that he had to get rid of an awful lot of sh!te playlers and brought Milan Baros, Sami Hypia to the club, turned Stevie G into the star he is, won five trophies in a season.  He had a blurred vision of greatness but unfortunately for him and the rest of us it didnt work out.  Lets hope Rafa has wot it takes to bring a few premierships n Champions leagues.
padzer

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion