Could xavier come back if houllier goes?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:38 pm

I don't really know why I'm even thinking this, as I don't particularly rate him. However, if I'm right in thinking that he's still technically on a long-term loan at Galatasaray, and if hypothetically Houllier does leave in the summer, would it not make sense for whoever comes in to try and smooth whatever their problem was and move to bring him back?

For me, he'd definitely be an improvement over both Biscan and Traore as cover for the back 4, and seeing as though it'd cost us nothing I think it'd make good sense.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:42 pm

Should that be ivor the blue or maybe ivor the manc.

For GOds sake, Xavier is a total wast of space.

I'd bring Babbel back from Blackburn yes but santa- NO      f##kin    WAY
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:49 pm

Heh heh - definitely a red mate.

I'm just trying to think how we can strengthen the squad on a budget. See as though he's already on the books, and since I'd trust him over Biscan any day, I think it'd make sense.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:51 pm

Ivor wakey wakey sunshine.

The words "trust" and "Abel Xavier" should not be used in the same sentence, neither should "back four" and "play Xavier there".

BAD IDEA

What about Markus though, surely you would rather have him in there....
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:00 pm

What about Markus though, surely you would rather have him in there....

Definitely. I was staggered when GH let him go. Can't see him coming back though. Can't see Xavier coming back either, but seeing as though he's on the books I think it'd make sense for someone to make an approach. Maybe someone like O'Neill could even convince him to have a shave and a haircut.

If nothing else he could do us a service by kicking the cr#p out of any half-decent players from other teams that find themselves up against him in a reserve team game.

And seriously, let's check out the "wanky defenders on our books" league table:

1. Abel Xavier
2. Djimi Traore

Also ran: Igor Biscan

For no pounds and no pence, I'd be just stupid enough to ask the question.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:56 pm

Xavier played in a liverpool defence that conceeded 1 goal in 9 games ina period before we lost to Boro 2-1 where Gareth Southgate scored.

He got roasted by that s##t player Duff and then everyone thought he was sh##e.

I'm not saying he was good, he wasn't, but he wasn't half as bad as some including myself have made out.
115-1073096938

Postby greenred » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:05 am

stu_the_red wrote:He got roasted by that s##t player Duff and then everyone thought he was sh##e.

your funny :D

you are joking,right?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:22 am

Calling Duff sh##e? Yeah i was :)

What i was saying is everyone was saying he was sh##e after that game. That was kind of the nail in the coffin... but lets face it.... its a pretty big f##kin nail don't ya think?
115-1073096938

Postby greenred » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:28 am

I liked Xavier.One minute he was a first team regular,next minute he was gone.Never understood that.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:39 am

Xavier did ok for us in the brief time he was here.

I thought that Galatassary released him and he came back to Melwood for a short time before Christmas to train with Liverpool, but did they not then pay up his contract and let him go?

I'm not sure, there wasn't much talk about it in the papers (not surprisingly that).

Stu, as for Duff being sh##e: get serious. Did you not see Duff taking Spain to the cleaners in the World Cup, his one man demolition of Croatia for the Rep Ireland a year or two ago, his 3 or 4 Maradona-esque goals for Ireland in the last couple of seasons (his goal against Norway last year was something else), his absolute dominance of the Lazio rearguard and solo goal in the Olympic stadium this year, his countless good displays for Chelsea and Blackburn in the Premiership?

Sometimes I wonder Stu what sport you follow.....  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:27 pm

In fairness Stu was just being sarcastic.He wasnt saying Duff is sh.ite,infact he was saying just the opposite.Xavier was judged on one bad performance against one of the best wingers in England.Which probably wasnt fair.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:23 pm

Stu, as for Duff being sh##e: get serious. Did you not see Duff taking Spain to the cleaners in the World Cup, his one man demolition of Croatia for the Rep Ireland a year or two ago, his 3 or 4 Maradona-esque goals for Ireland in the last couple of seasons (his goal against Norway last year was something else), his absolute dominance of the Lazio rearguard and solo goal in the Olympic stadium this year, his countless good displays for Chelsea and Blackburn in the Premiership?

Sometimes I wonder Stu what sport you follow.....

What greenand red said.

Duff is probably one of the worlds best wingers now. He's not quite as good as Giggs used to be but i'd say its between himself and Harry Kewell as to who is the best left winger in world football.

On form i'd say Duff, ability... Kewell JUST!!!
115-1073096938

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:25 pm

We got better value for money, Chelski may or may not have got the slightly better player
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:48 pm

I would agree that Harry on his day is technically the better player,but Duff certainly produces the goods on a more consistent basis.Yeah he was expensive,but we could have got him for 10million in 2002.We spent the money on Diouf instead.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion