Rafa want them to work, work,work - Good response from rafa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:05 am

RAFA: WE WILL WORK, WORK, WORK TO IMPROVE
Steve Hunter 02 October 2006 
  Rafael Benitez has shrugged off the disappointment of losing at Bolton on Saturday and assured supporters that he's more determined than ever to see Liverpool put right the wrongs and get back to challenging for a place at the top of the table. 
While the Liverpool manager is still unhappy with the assistant referee's mistake that led to Pepe Reina being wrongly penalised for handball outside the area, Benitez believes that the best way to react is with even more hard work.

"After the weekend we've had, I feel even more determination for working harder, improving the side and seeing the best from my team, and I want to see the same response from the players," he revealed.

"They know if we don't get the decisions, the best response is to score more goals. If we have had 14 shots on goal, we must be determined to have 30. If there's a big mistake in the game, we don't want to depend on the decisions to create more chances of our own.

"I'm not a manager who likes to talk and talk. I like to work and work. We are starting from now with the six players we have, but I expect those who've left for international duty to think a lot about what happened on Saturday and be ready to show a reaction when they come back in 10 days.

"I know a lot of people are talking about stupid things when they talk about the game. In the first half we played better than Bolton, and had a lot of shots on goal, but it's true we didn't create clear chances. The decision of the linesman was a turning point. It's the first time I have seen a linesman who wants to be a star. But in future we must make sure we don't lose games because of these mistakes.

"There is a big difference between the final score and what happened in the game. It's really frustrating because in different games there have been similar situations, and I hope by the end of the season these things will balance.

"In the last three away games, it's clear we've had more shots than our opponents and we've not taken our opportunities. I would be more worried if we'd played three games and not looked like scoring, but because we could have scored goals in all these games we must still feel positive.

"We need to improve our accuracy in front of goal, but I still believe in the players and know we will be better this season. The fixture list has made things virtually impossible for us at times. We have a lot of games when the players come back, but at least we'll be able to train with them. I spoke to a lot of them yesterday, and between now and when they come back, I will be talking to most of them on the phone and telling them to think hard about what we must do when they come back." 

I think a few players will be getting an earfull off Rafa, and a few others will be happy to be on international duty rather than facing Rafa this week.

You have to feel sorry for the six players who arnt on international duty, Rafa will be taking all his frustrations out on them. Poor old Robbie :D
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:19 am

I wouldn't be at all suprised if the line-up was radically altered for the Old Shatford match.

Shake the players into action.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonidas08 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:31 am

They better work hard, train hard, and play smart, we will keep improving.
Leonidas08

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:17 am

You can work work work all you like, but you cant polish a turd....

Lets hope Rafa has not got the runs!!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:37 am

I wonder if he was known as an inspirational speaker when he was at Valencia because even though sometimes his comments are contradictary and dont make a hell of a lot of sense, he says the right things at the right times.  Keep it up Rafa!
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:51 am

Well when you, work work work you can only get better.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mannyk » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:58 am

What else is he going to say?

He is not going to say it's over.

The guy is just logical and positive
Mannyk

Postby Espionage » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:34 am

Mannyk wrote:What else is he going to say?

He is not going to say it's over.

The guy is just logical and positive

I just think that he is quite a motivational speaker.  You never see him get animated for the wrong reasons and only for the right.  Well thats what I think anyway.....

Edit: 500 posts   :oops:
Last edited by Espionage on Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:28 am

Work and work and work is a direct Spanish expresion :) I sense he's not too happy with some of the internationals, and FWIW I don't think he was telling Reina to think about what happened but to someone else.

In Rafa I trust!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:57 am

s@int wrote:RAFA: WE WILL WORK, WORK, WORK TO IMPROVE
  Rafael Benitez has shrugged off the disappointment of losing at Bolton on Saturday and assured supporters that he's more determined than ever to see Liverpool put right the wrongs and get back to challenging for a place at the top of the table. 
While the Liverpool manager is still unhappy with the assistant referee's mistake that led to Pepe Reina being wrongly penalised for handball outside the area, Benitez believes that the best way to react is with even more hard work.

"After the weekend we've had, I feel even more determination for working harder, improving the side and seeing the best from my team, and I want to see the same response from the players," he revealed.

"They know if we don't get the decisions, the best response is to score more goals. If we have had 14 shots on goal, we must be determined to have 30. If there's a big mistake in the game, we don't want to depend on the decisions to create more chances of our own.

"I'm not a manager who likes to talk and talk. I like to work and work. We are starting from now with the six players we have, but I expect those who've left for international duty to think a lot about what happened on Saturday and be ready to show a reaction when they come back in 10 days.

"I know a lot of people are talking about stupid things when they talk about the game. In the first half we played better than Bolton, and had a lot of shots on goal, but it's true we didn't create clear chances. The decision of the linesman was a turning point. It's the first time I have seen a linesman who wants to be a star. But in future we must make sure we don't lose games because of these mistakes.

"There is a big difference between the final score and what happened in the game. It's really frustrating because in different games there have been similar situations, and I hope by the end of the season these things will balance.

"In the last three away games, it's clear we've had more shots than our opponents and we've not taken our opportunities. I would be more worried if we'd played three games and not looked like scoring, but because we could have scored goals in all these games we must still feel positive.

"We need to improve our accuracy in front of goal, but I still believe in the players and know we will be better this season. The fixture list has made things virtually impossible for us at times. We have a lot of games when the players come back, but at least we'll be able to train with them. I spoke to a lot of them yesterday, and between now and when they come back, I will be talking to most of them on the phone and telling them to think hard about what we must do when they come back." 

I think a few players will be getting an earfull off Rafa, and a few others will be happy to be on international duty rather than facing Rafa this week.

You have to feel sorry for the six players who arnt on international duty, Rafa will be taking all his frustrations out on them. Poor old Robbie :D

Speaking of Robbie whats happened to him?

Why hasnt he played since the first game?

Is he lacking match fitness of is Rafa just saving him for later on in the season or some of the cup games?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:06 pm

The Boss' interview on LFC.tv shows his focus and the intensity with which he wants imrpovements.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N153673061004-0926.htm
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:13 pm

"I know a lot of people are talking about stupid things when they talk about the game. In the first half we played better than Bolton, and had a lot of shots on goal, but it's true we didn't create clear chances. The decision of the linesman was a turning point. It's the first time I have seen a linesman who wants to be a star.  But in future we must make sure we don't lose games because of these mistakes.

:D  :bowdown  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Festy » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:18 pm

who are other 5 unlucky lads?? :D
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:23 pm

There's no doubt about it Rafa seems determined to reverse this poor away form quickly. Hopefully the players will start to back up their big talk of 'The seasons not over yet' and 'We need to improve' and actually start to show some guile on these away trips instead of looking dis-interested when the first shot doesn't break the back of the net.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:09 am

bavlondon wrote:

Speaking of Robbie whats happened to him?

Why hasnt he played since the first game?

Is he lacking match fitness of is Rafa just saving him for later on in the season or some of the cup games?

He started vs the Bitters, mate.

He's obviously still short of fitness, having missed the bulk of the pre-season with a knee injury.

With the form of Kuyt and Crouch, he's not going to get a look in, tbh. (And Robbie is my favourite ever player, aswell.)

At the end of the day, it's all about Liverpool FC.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion