man united v LIVERPOOL Mon 22md  Aug 8.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:27 pm

I’m not sure what is happening to VVD. He doesn’t seem to have the same recovery speed he had or his positioning is off either due to the weak midfield or his own concentration, the only player still keeping the “world class” tag is Allison. Also, Salah doesn’t seem the same without Mane in the team, Diaz is no where near as strong as Mane, he certainly gives 100% but without the same power.

Deeply irritated that we let that shower of sh1t celebrate, this will help them at a time when they were looking for a place to die and frankly they are still a poor team but they were better than us.

There must be something happening in the team behind closed doors because it seems hard to understand how we have fallen over the last few months. Maybe the contract situation with Salah or Klopp? Mane leaving? but something seems off within the team, even in preseason. Great chemistry is a delicate thing that is easily disrupted.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tommy Smith » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:35 pm

Shambolic performance and the outcome somehow were expected by taking into account the two previous results, we are facing a very hard season, however, it is too earlier say what the season expectation will be. This game is more or less the same as the one in pre-season, bad defense especially
VVD, Trent is not a defender PERIOD.
As for the useless 400K Salah and Frmino where the latter should have gone to Juv.  The squad is very weak we have too many dead woods!.  I thought Elliot was excellent.

Good Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby redshade » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:09 pm

kazza » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:27 pm wrote:I’m not sure what is happening to VVD. He doesn’t seem to have the same recovery speed he had or his positioning is off either due to the weak midfield or his own concentration, the only player still keeping the “world class” tag is Allison. Also, Salah doesn’t seem the same without Mane in the team, Diaz is no where near as strong as Mane, he certainly gives 100% but without the same power.

Deeply irritated that we let that shower of sh1t celebrate, this will help them at a time when they were looking for a place to die and frankly they are still a poor team but they were better than us.

There must be something happening in the team behind closed doors because it seems hard to understand how we have fallen over the last few months. Maybe the contract situation with Salah or Klopp? Mane leaving? but something seems off within the team, even in preseason. Great chemistry is a delicate thing that is easily disrupted.

Pre-season we were lost but we played well in the charity shield. I think all this is due to injuries and weak midfield. I mean common we are still in a position where we are starting Milner and Hendo.
I'd hope before the window ends we can ship a few out like Keita and get some quality in the middle. Highly doubt that will happen.

Also another point, I think it is time we shift Trent in a attacking role. He can't defend to save his life.

Tell you one thing lads when Klopp is gone get used to the old Liverpool, mid table finishes and Europa entries.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:54 pm

The Echo pointed out yesterday that our nett spend this summer was less than £10m. This on the back of us getting to yet another lucrative CL final.
One of the reasons Jurgen signed his contract extension was that he knew a rebuild would be needed in the near future and didn’t think it fair to ride off into the sunset with all the plaudits and glory leaving the new man to carry the can.
Looks like the yanks not only expect him to compete with financially doped clubs on the pitch (which he has) they now expect him to overhaul the squad on the cheap too.
Bellingham should be here now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:44 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:54 pm wrote:The Echo pointed out yesterday that our nett spend this summer was less than £10m. This on the back of us getting to yet another lucrative CL final.
One of the reasons Jurgen signed his contract extension was that he knew a rebuild would be needed in the near future and didn’t think it fair to ride off into the sunset with all the plaudits and glory leaving the new man to carry the can.
Looks like the yanks not only expect him to compete with financially doped clubs on the pitch (which he has) they now expect him to overhaul the squad on the cheap too.
Bellingham should be here now.

You would be a lot closer around the 5 mil mark!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:29 am

For me it was expected that our net spend won't be huge this summer because we're basically covering for what we spent on Diaz back in January. I remember saying this at the time and obviously I was right.

I also said back then that we'll likely not have so many quality players in our squad again any time soon, which is why I was anxious for us to win something big last season. Sadly it didn't happen (domestic cups aside).
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:24 am

To be fair we did bid for the midfielder that Real got(can’t spell his name), that was around 70 million and it’s just he chose Real or he would be here and we would have spent more.

The strategy of only buying top players that will make a difference is a good one and it has worked for us, but like the defender crisis we had we are having a midfield crisis and should have learned from it. That last crisis almost cost us the CL and this one could easily do the same. We have too many past prime or injury prone players in midfield and why don’t we tackle it slowly window by window rather than all at once. We have two midfielders worthy of the club so we need to get going on finding at least one box to box midfielder and probably a playmaker to play when Thiago gets injured.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:49 pm

I just typed about 300 words and for some reason it didn’t go through.  Nutshell.  I was shocked when Fabinho came on.  I thought he was injured.  If he was available, why didn’t he start?
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:06 pm

To be fair Fab hasn’t been at his best so far this season but even so you’d still pick him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games