west ham united v LIVERPOOL Mon 4th Feb 8.00pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:15 pm

After tomorrow there are only 13 games left so we can't afford any slip ups now, City beat Arsenal today so we have to respond in kind, if we don't we will probably find ourselves in 2nd place come Wednesday night it's as simple as that.
If there was ever a time where we need the team to click and hit a purple patch it's right fvcking now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:16 pm

The fans were completely betrayed by the players in their last mediocre performance against Leicester.

This time there is no room for error, like Yakka has said we must win here. Don’t care what the score line is, the 3 points are the only things we care about.

This is the beginning of our 12 league game winning run!

Cmon!!!!!
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby redshade » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:06 am

We just have to keep on trying to gain maximum points. If we let City capitalise then i think it is over. The lads nerves will be tested tomorrow so lets hope we come out on top. Lets beat West Ham and get our advantage back to 5 points.

We can't fek up these sort of games anymore. We've still got tough fixtures vs Chelsea, Spurs and Mannure.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:55 am

West Ham are in bad form with a lot of injuries. We haven't scored less than 4 against them in the past 2 years, both home and away. There really is no excuse to drop points here, we just have to win! If we don't, it'll be a huge sign that we're crumbling under pressure and are going to bottle it.

I'd go with:

Alisson

Milner
Matip
VVD
Robertson

Fabinho
Wijnaldum
Keita

Salah
Mane
Firmino
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:10 am

eds » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:16 pm wrote:The fans were completely betrayed by the players in their last mediocre performance against Leicester.

:D
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:50 am

damjan193 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:55 am wrote:West Ham are in bad form with a lot of injuries. We haven't scored less than 4 against them in the past 2 years, both home and away. There really is no excuse to drop points here, we just have to win! If we don't, it'll be a huge sign that we're crumbling under pressure and are going to bottle it.

I'd go with:

Alisson

Milner
Matip
VVD
Robertson

Fabinho
Wijnaldum
Keita

Salah
Mane
Firmino

Not sure I'm that keen on the idea of Milner at RB after he was completely taken the cleaners against Palace, West Ham have one or two players (that Anderson and the hard running Antonio for example) who could exploit his lack of pace like Zaha did. You can bet your bottom dollar that teams will be pinpointing him as a weakness and drawing up plans etc Then again have we got anyone else?
Must admit I'm starting to get a trifle concerned about our defence, we conceded 3 against Palace and we probably should have conceded another 3 against Leicester as well. When's Trent due back?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:14 am

Allison

Milner
Matip
VVD
Robbo

Henderson
Fabinho
Gini

Mane
Bobby
Mo
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:28 pm

For me it is time for the forwards to help out the defence. Mo wasn’t himself against Leicester so we can inevitably expect more from him. West Ham have a lot of injury problems. I’d like to see us revert to a very high tempo take no prisoners pressing game for this one. We simply cannot afford to drop any points because City can be guaranteed 3 points from the Bitters who will probably leave Pickford on the bench !! 

Klopp and Henderson need to be at their leadership best and really show that they can soak up the pressure.

Given that Anfield is understandably in a state of nervousness we might just find away games easier.

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:32 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:50 am wrote:
damjan193 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:55 am wrote:West Ham are in bad form with a lot of injuries. We haven't scored less than 4 against them in the past 2 years, both home and away. There really is no excuse to drop points here, we just have to win! If we don't, it'll be a huge sign that we're crumbling under pressure and are going to bottle it.

I'd go with:

Alisson

Milner
Matip
VVD
Robertson

Fabinho
Wijnaldum
Keita

Salah
Mane
Firmino

Not sure I'm that keen on the idea of Milner at RB after he was completely taken the cleaners against Palace, West Ham have one or two players (that Anderson and the hard running Antonio for example) who could exploit his lack of pace like Zaha did. You can bet your bottom dollar that teams will be pinpointing him as a weakness and drawing up plans etc Then again have we got anyone else?
Must admit I'm starting to get a trifle concerned about our defence, we conceded 3 against Palace and we probably should have conceded another 3 against Leicester as well. When's Trent due back?

Not keen on playing Milner there either, but like you said we just don't have anyone else. I'm not as worried as you though, I think Milner can handle himself as full-back when needed. He'll be up against Felipe Anderson though so it won't be easy for him. I'd rather have a real RB there but it is how it is.

Trent won't be back until we play Bayern I think.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:29 pm

As always, it seems, this is a season defining game. We've lost some form recently, with City playing well and De Bruyne back and fit we'll need to rediscover our best form if we're going to win the league. I think we'll play better tonight, I'm predicting a 2-0 away win!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:09 pm

Got a bad feeling about this one. Surely the players themselves are going to be unsettled knowing we have a makeshift defence. Doesn't inspire confidence.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:24 pm

If we win this tonight it will deflate our challengers and inject a modicum of doubt,that's why this is such an essential game it could have a huge bearing on the title race,I know we still have 14 games left but we just simply have to regain those points to allow us the breathing space for possible error in the last five games. If we do then those 5 points and the longer we keep that bridge will seem like a chasm to the chasing pack.

Cmon redmen do us proud tonight and deliver a convincing but solid victory.

:buttrock  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:34 pm

Have to agree- the 5 point gap will become a heavier load with each passing game for City- we simply MUST win tonight.

The pressure of letting us get 8 points ahead if they lose a game (C'mon Chelsea!!) will tell eventually.
We have to assert ourselves on the hammers early on without being too gung ho about it.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:38 pm

This is the rumoured line up

Alisson

Milner
Matip
VVD
Robbo

Henderson
Fabinho
Gini

Mane
Bobby
Mo

West Ham missing a number of the first team players
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:49 pm

I'm not too confident about this, which is normally a good sign as I often end up disappointed when i'm too sure of a win...

I'd play Fab at CB personally, and put Millie in MF, but hey I'm not the manager. People keep mentioning pressure... but I'd rather have the pressure of being top than the pressure of trailing top spot by 5 points.

I believe our toughest test will be against United, so let's hope we can gain maximum points (6) before then.
Franky000

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games