west ham united v LIVERPOOL Mon 4th Feb 8.00pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:59 pm wrote:
devaney » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:45 pm wrote:Yakka you have been on a whinge fest all season about our midfield and given us virtually no chance of winning the league that is of course until it actually looked like we might just have a chance of winning the league  :laugh:  Hendo and Gini don’t create a lot but they certainly tighten things up and were seriously missed last night. I thought before the game that the  team selection on paper looked very disjointed and guess what that’s how they played. Hopefully we won’t face the same dilemma with late injuries again.

I'm not sure what you're laughing about, I've always said that I don't think our midfield is a title winning midfield and last time I looked we haven't won the title yet.
As for Gini and Hendo is this the same Gini and Hendo that were both on the pitch when we were lucky to get a draw against Leicester at home?
I'm not actually blaming the likes of Gini and Hendo, they are not top quality players, they never have been and they never will be and they are giving it everything they've got, I'm more disappointed in the likes of Keita, Firmino and even Mo who are all playing well below their best at the exact time when we need them to step up to the plate.
Graeme Souness often talks about this, there are times in a season where the big players and big characters in a dressing room need to stand up to be counted and to lead from the front. In a way he is blowing his own trumpet because he was famous for doing it, the likes of Keegan and Dalglish were famous for doing it as well, they weren't famous for scoring lots of goals they were famous for scoring big goals when pressure levels were turned up to 11.
Where are our leaders? Where are our big players?

Henderson played right back against Leicester

We missed him last night and Gini but especially Henderson - missed his leadership ( VVD clearly not right last night ) , missed him controlling the game and just playing it simple.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:11 pm

Another poor performance with a creaking squad and our best players out of form. Lallana inclusion a mystery as he has done nothing since we signed him. Keita not yet ready needs more time.

Unless we get back on track immediately this title tilt can evaporate as quickly as every other the last 29 years, and a team like City are not to be offered any hope otherwise we will be punished.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:21 pm

We need more than Henderson, he isn't going to create ***** all. We aren't creating anything, Leicester and West Ham created better chances than we did, 2 teams in the fvcking bottom half. Our front 3 in fact all our forwards and AM's need to seriously pull their fingers out and start turning up, Firmino was absolutely dreadful last night, I'm a big fan of Bobby's but the amount of times he passed it to a WH player just as we were building a promising attack was ridiculous.
Out of Salah, Firmino, Mane, Sturridge, Lallana, Shaquiri and Origi Mane is the only one who is in any sort of form, forget the last 6 months, this is where the real title race starts, this is where it counts, it's no use scoring hat tricks next August or September when there's no pressure, this is the time to do it, right now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:16 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:21 pm wrote:We need more than Henderson, he isn't going to create ***** all. We aren't creating anything, Leicester and West Ham created better chances than we did, 2 teams in the fvcking bottom half. Our front 3 in fact all our forwards and AM's need to seriously pull their fingers out and start turning up, Firmino was absolutely dreadful last night, I'm a big fan of Bobby's but the amount of times he passed it to a WH player just as we were building a promising attack was ridiculous.
Out of Salah, Firmino, Mane, Sturridge, Lallana, Shaquiri and Origi Mane is the only one who is in any sort of form, forget the last 6 months, this is where the real title race starts, this is where it counts, it's no use scoring hat tricks next August or September when there's no pressure, this is the time to do it, right now.

Agree with this post.

Mane has been the best out the bunch recently. I don't know why Bobby has been kind of off. His fluency and link up play has deteriorated recently.

Well i guess vs Bournemouth the lads have to show how much they want it. I'm hoping for a positive performance and a sweet win.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:10 pm

I’m well gutted and have kind of suppressed all thoughts of this match like a trauma victim, until now...

I just hope the team can ignite some fire in their bellies soon because they’re falling apart at the seams. I don’t think everton will do us any favours tomorrow either..they’d rather lose. that’s just the kind of club they are.

I can’t see us beating spurs or united on this form. ***** nightmare. Someone give me a reason to stay hopeful.
Franky000

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:22 pm

Franky000 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:10 am wrote: Someone give me a reason to stay hopeful.

Regardless of the footy results it's still possible to fill a girl with Tia Maria and get a *****. What more d'you want?  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:41 pm

:D what the heck  :D
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:08 pm

Reg » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:22 am wrote:
Franky000 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:10 am wrote: Someone give me a reason to stay hopeful.

Regardless of the footy results it's still possible to fill a girl with Tia Maria and get a *****. What more d'you want?  :laugh:

Hey, you’re right, I don’t know why I’m getting all uptight!

Thanks Reg!  :grinning:
Franky000

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games