west ham united v LIVERPOOL Mon 4th Feb 8.00pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:47 am

Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:07 am

Ironic how the ex managers helped out each team. Rafa for us and Pellegrini for City.

"I said in the week that we need to win this game for our fans and if we are going to give a hand to Manchester City, well, they are my club also."
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:22 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:46 am wrote:Are they presenting the trophy to City on Wednesday ?

Let's be realistic, maybe not on Wednesday, but if Chelsea don't do us any favors next week they may as well give City the throphy right there.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:34 am

damjan193 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:22 am wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:46 am wrote:Are they presenting the trophy to City on Wednesday ?

Let's be realistic, maybe not on Wednesday, but if Chelsea don't do us any favors next week they may as well give City the throphy right there.

I wouldn't want to be alongside you in the trenches! #pussy
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:47 am

Ffs its good to see the SUNSHINE SUPPORTERS out on mass  :censored: We are still top of the league and some of you are actually throwing the towel in. Nobody said it was going to be easy. Leicester and West Ham results were disappointing but sh.it happens and injuries certainly haven’t helped. I prefer to think that City drop points in their next two games and we beat Bournemouth and then the situation looks very different. Bit of faith lads please.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:59 am

SHITTY PERFORMANCE, No clean Sheet, Shaky (Doggy expensive keeper), Shaky defence (especially the clumsy Matip), the front three apart from Mane, Abu falafel Salah, and Master of the Duds Firmino were absolute Sh*t, that leaves us to the desperation of the Nutcase manage to depend on useless Origi to win him a game, by right he should have lost 3.0, a lucky office side got him a point!!!!

The Nutcase has won the league in January, this was his major achievement to date, so he can enjoy the moment right now, and find himself and his team come May in third or fourth place and even behind the Scum which they were about 12 or 13 points behind!!
Just look at the nutcase records whereas he has not won any trophy for Liverpool apart from some pre-season ones!!!!
The wait of 29-30 years will carry on, it is a very sad reality and hard to accept, therefore, the steady decline will continue!!!!  DREAM ON
algymoon

Postby electrum » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:11 am

It's not a case of sunshine supporters. Every last person on here is gagging for us to win the league. (Algymoon possibly excepted :-))
When it's patently obvious that our performance level is currently no where near good enough to keep City, and possibly Spurs, at bay then people are going to voice there concerns. Blips happen.. Champions get out of them sharpish. We have had ours. 8 points out of 15 is asking for trouble.

The blip stops now or we are in severe danger of throwing away our best title chance in 30 years.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby eds » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:48 am

devaney » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:47 am wrote:Ffs its good to see the SUNSHINE SUPPORTERS out on mass  :censored: We are still top of the league and some of you are actually throwing the towel in. Nobody said it was going to be easy. Leicester and West Ham results were disappointing but sh.it happens and injuries certainly haven’t helped. I prefer to think that City drop points in their next two games and we beat Bournemouth and then the situation looks very different. Bit of faith lads please.

After 30 years of waiting I think most fans (understandably) are just venting their frustrations after two very disheartening draws.

Rest assured that all of us will be hoping the bitters can take away some points from City and we can bounce back against Bournemouth.

There is a big difference between that and likes of AlgyMoon continually s**ting all over our manager, players and club like the tiresome piece of faecal matter that he is.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:23 pm

Blooming eck Eds I thought AlgyMORON was your alter ego  :laugh:  None of us take him seriously. I actually find him quite funny. Probably Woof trying to get a bit of banter going  :laugh:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:04 pm

electrum » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:11 am wrote:It's not a case of sunshine supporters. Every last person on here is gagging for us to win the league. (Algymoon possibly excepted :-))
When it's patently obvious that our performance level is currently no where near good enough to keep City, and possibly Spurs, at bay then people are going to voice there concerns. Blips happen.. Champions get out of them sharpish. We have had ours. 8 points out of 15 is asking for trouble.

The blip stops now or we are in severe danger of throwing away our best title chance in 30 years.

Good post, if anyone thinks our form since Christmas is good enough to get us over the line then they are living in la-la land.
We are still in a good position but all the momentum is clearly now with City, a 3 point lead is nothing over 13 games.
We do still have the slightly easier fixtures on paper but I'm afraid if we can't beat the likes of Leicester and West Ham whilst City are beating the likes of Arsenal that won't count for much.
We are still right in the race but let's not act like ostriches with our heads in the sand, mentally it is going to take a Herculean effort to win the title from here. Everyone is piling the pressure on us (Kyle Walker, Mark Noble etc) and we are not responding well, even the likes of VVD and Jurgen look rattled.
After all the talk we will finally get to see how good our players are and what they are made of, now is the time to put up or shut up, I don't want to see any rallying cries in the Echo or cr@p like that, from now on the players need to do their talking out on the pitch.
Our great sides of the past all responded when they were put in similar positions to this, that's why they are called great, can this team do the same? We will soon find out.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:45 pm

Yakka you have been on a whinge fest all season about our midfield and given us virtually no chance of winning the league that is of course until it actually looked like we might just have a chance of winning the league  :laugh:  Hendo and Gini don’t create a lot but they certainly tighten things up and were seriously missed last night. I thought before the game that the  team selection on paper looked very disjointed and guess what that’s how they played. Hopefully we won’t face the same dilemma with late injuries again.
Last edited by devaney on Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:04 pm wrote:
electrum » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:11 am wrote:It's not a case of sunshine supporters. Every last person on here is gagging for us to win the league. (Algymoon possibly excepted :-))

Good post, if anyone thinks our form since Christmas is good enough to get us over the line then they are living in la-la land.
We are still in a good position but all the momentum is clearly now with City, a 3 point lead is nothing over 13 games.
We do still have the slightly easier fixtures on paper but I'm afraid if we can't beat the likes of Leicester and West Ham whilst City are beating the likes of Arsenal that won't count for much.
We are still right in the race but let's not act like ostriches with our heads in the sand, mentally it is going to take a Herculean effort to win the title from here. Everyone is piling the pressure on us (Kyle Walker, Mark Noble etc) and we are not responding well, even the likes of VVD and Jurgen look rattled.
After all the talk we will finally get to see how good our players are and what they are made of, now is the time to put up or shut up, I don't want to see any rallying cries in the Echo or cr@p like that, from now on the players need to do their talking out on the pitch.
Our great sides of the past all responded when they were put in similar positions to this, that's why they are called great, can this team do the same? We will soon find out.

I think we've been heavily reliant on our defense and our performances thus far have been based on its solidity ,but in our last three games we find ourselves in need of the lads at the other end of the pitch to bring their A game to aid our push and for whatever reason its just not happening. Firmino looks lost,Salah is swamped with bodies and Mane needs to be found with a pass or too,something Salah seems loath to do of late. We have three forward players with frightening technical ability but they're playing as individuals we need to work on their conjunction in the box and see a return of the brilliantly worked team goal.

The manager has serious graft to do to convince those upfront of their ability to cause chaos with quick incisive link up play.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:13 pm

You would've thought our campaign last year in the champions league would have given the lads some sort pf experience at what it feels competing at a high level.
I guess maybe the league is a different ball game and maybe due to the fact its been 29 yrs the pressure is something else.

Anyhow like many said we are still 3 points ahead but have a lot of work ahead of us. Pivitol we beat Bournemouth and move on from there. If we manage to get 3 points at old shatford then it is fekin game on. What would be awesome is if Chelsea get something off City.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:37 pm

redshade » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:13 pm wrote:You would've thought our campaign last year in the champions league would have given the lads some sort pf experience at what it feels competing at a high level.
I guess maybe the league is a different ball game and maybe due to the fact its been 29 yrs the pressure is something else.

Anyhow like many said we are still 3 points ahead but have a lot of work ahead of us. Pivitol we beat Bournemouth and move on from there. If we manage to get 3 points at old shatford then it is fekin game on. What would be awesome is if Chelsea get something off City.

I think City are also feeling the pressure but the shear weight of expectation being lumped on the team from the fans given the years that have fell since we last won a title is having a detrimental and frankly worrying impact on a young and relatively inexperienced team. City will drop points again but in order for that to happen we need to stop dropping points and providing them with an injection of hope we can be caught.

Time to circle those wagons mate,because albeit from our own fan base no ***** wants us to win this league and Noble's comments confirm this even West Hams manager stated he wanted to win this game for City ,yes that's the same team that sacked him after winning the league ,something that for me debased this ridiculous notion he's a likeable chap. Never heard a manager saying he wanted the win for any other reason than to benefit his own team.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:59 pm

devaney » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:45 pm wrote:Yakka you have been on a whinge fest all season about our midfield and given us virtually no chance of winning the league that is of course until it actually looked like we might just have a chance of winning the league  :laugh:  Hendo and Gini don’t create a lot but they certainly tighten things up and were seriously missed last night. I thought before the game that the  team selection on paper looked very disjointed and guess what that’s how they played. Hopefully we won’t face the same dilemma with late injuries again.

I'm not sure what you're laughing about, I've always said that I don't think our midfield is a title winning midfield and last time I looked we haven't won the title yet.
As for Gini and Hendo is this the same Gini and Hendo that were both on the pitch when we were lucky to get a draw against Leicester at home?
I'm not actually blaming the likes of Gini and Hendo, they are not top quality players, they never have been and they never will be and they are giving it everything they've got, I'm more disappointed in the likes of Keita, Firmino and even Mo who are all playing well below their best at the exact time when we need them to step up to the plate.
Graeme Souness often talks about this, there are times in a season where the big players and big characters in a dressing room need to stand up to be counted and to lead from the front. In a way he is blowing his own trumpet because he was famous for doing it, the likes of Keegan and Dalglish were famous for doing it as well, they weren't famous for scoring lots of goals they were famous for scoring big goals when pressure levels were turned up to 11.
Where are our leaders? Where are our big players?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games