west ham united v LIVERPOOL Mon 4th Feb 8.00pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:12 pm

Klopp looks shocked...He and Mr. Pijama think that if it worked a month ago then it must work a month from now..Our luck run out..We aren't creating any chances the style of play is agonizing slow and lacks any sense of intent ,ferocity and urgency..Matip was the only one using the space to move forward and pass deep..Mane as well forcing speed and strength..The rest? bird watching passing sideways and losing the ball way to easily..It starts with Klopp he needs to find his Moju back this style doesn't suit him or the team
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:18 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:08 pm wrote:Yep VVD looks tired but not surprising after his illness

Can’t believe people saying the title has gone

Let’s get some perspective here ffs

Every team has a blip - City had their and lost games , we are still picking up points and still top of the table

Just got to dig in now and grind the form back

We are still 3 points ahead of City, yes they can go top on Wednesday on goal difference but we will have an opportunity to go top again. It's all about mental strength now, can we hold our nerve?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:21 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:18 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:08 pm wrote:Yep VVD looks tired but not surprising after his illness

Every team has a blip - City had their and lost games , we are still picking up points and still top of the table

We are still 3 points ahead of City, yes they can go top on Wednesday on goal difference but we will have an opportunity to go top again. It's all about mental strength now, can we hold our nerve?

Not from what I've seen lately. This lot is a bag of nerves. All starting with the fear of what they might give away at the back with a makeshift defence and VVD who looks like the weight of carrying the team is taking its toll
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:23 pm

We are fecking it up aren't we. Once City go past us we can forget about the title. Feking heck man I don't know if we are cursed or something.
Last two games have been depressing to say the least. Our performances are not te same we are slowly bottling it.

Ahhhhhhh fek sakes i need a break from this.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:23 pm

City are still in every cup and big games are coming thick and fast for them.. They look hungry still.

I can't believe the rest we've had inbetween games and we still manage the coast out 2 draws.

Something needs to change.. we should go back to the pressing game and really have a crack at the title. Bring Wagner in  on the coaching team.. we need a fresh approach.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:25 pm

Get Zeljko back on a short term contract. We need his brains now. Klopp is like Homer Simpson - keep doing the same thing and expect a different outcome.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:30 pm

bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:21 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:18 pm wrote:

Not from what I've seen lately. This lot is a bag of nerves. All starting with the fear of what they might give away at the back with a makeshift defence and VVD who looks like the weight of carrying the team is taking its toll

Yup we've also got Bayern Munich coming up aswel.

I don't think we can handke the pressure. I'd rather we start playing our heavy metal game even if it means wining games 5-3.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:40 pm

One or two have mentioned the pressing game, I agree I think we should go back to the pressing game myself, even if it's just for 2 or 3 games raising our tempo might just spark us back into life because at the moment we seem to be sleepwalking.
All of a sudden everything is just so slow and laboured, West Ham actually created the better chances as did Leicester when we played them last Wednesday, our opponents are the ones creating the gilt edged chances, we are creating ***** all.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:49 pm

That was deflating  :down:  We didn't play like a team bent on restoring a 5 point advantage  :no Total lack of urgency throughout.

Both Keita and Lallana were awful out there tonight. Keita was unfortunate for their goal as they did a number on him and he isn't strong enough to muscle his way back in that situation. Plenty of other times though he looked soft and gave the ball away a lot. He did make a few penetrating runs but not enough to forget the bad bits. Lallana was just trotting up and down the field after everything while getting close to nothing. Lost far too much pace which is staggering since he played feck all and should be fitter than most on the pitch. Fabinho was unfortunate to have them two in front of him because they offered very little.

We have no room now for error now which is disappointing because it took so long to build it up and we handed it back in no time. City will top us after Wednesday night and while we have a game in hand it places even more pressure on us to win now. Klopp needs to dig deep and get them motivated enough to keep us in it because we look like we are there for the taking.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:12 am

And how the fck did Origi manage to miss his last second chance? What a beauty of a pass he got from Keita just throw it away...Could have turned to be the hero of the season with 2 last minute game winners...So painful to watch...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:26 am

only me » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:12 pm wrote:And how the fck did Origi manage to miss his last second chance? What a beauty of a pass he got from Keita just throw it away...Could have turned to be the hero of the season with 2 last minute game winners...So painful to watch...

He was offside though the lino didn't raise his flag so it probably would have been given. It would have been very harsh on West Ham though to lose to 2 offside goals.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:10 am

I fookin hate Monday night footy and we aren’t even in the Europa league
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:38 am

only me » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:12 am wrote:And how the fck did Origi manage to miss his last second chance? .

WTF is Origi still doing playing at LFC? We still have an unbalanced squad and need to get rid of the sh!te if we're to make a sustainable challenge. We imploded in the last weeks of last season and we're standing on the cusp once again.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:42 am

NorfolkRed » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:47 am wrote:
Reg » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:41 pm wrote:The title race finishes here if we don’t win tonight.

One of the more ridiculous things I've read  recently.

That said, if we don't play better than this then it is.

What a daft response. Read the comments on page 5, talk to friends who actually saw the game - we bottled it and we're running out of steam. You must anticipate the need for change.... we're at that point and if we don't make a significant change to our tactics we'll drop past City and Spurs.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:46 am

Are they presenting the trophy to City on Wednesday ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games