Liverpool V Man United 19/4/22 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:22 pm

Old whiskey nose was there Reg along with the rest of the peasants they brought with them !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:52 pm

I have to say this is definitely the best LFC team I've seen in my life and maybe even up there with the best teams ever.

Having said that, I am slightly worried that it may not last long since the only teams that are certain to remain among the best in the following years are those with the deepest pockets, and we are certainly not among those. As a result I feel anxious for us to win as many titles as we possibly can right now because this team simply deserves it. Our biggest and maybe even only rivals are an abomination that shouldn't exist and I am worried that only because of them, years from now this team might not be remmembered as one of the best and get the reccognition it deserves.

This is a great team, one of the best ever like I said, but I hope we'll have just a little bit of luck and beat the abomination that is Man City to the PL title, because this team deserves to have as many titles as possible and claim its place in history.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:47 am

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:33 pm

damjan193 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:52 pm wrote:I have to say this is definitely the best LFC team I've seen in my life and maybe even up there with the best teams ever.

Having said that, I am slightly worried that it may not last long since the only teams that are certain to remain among the best in the following years are those with the deepest pockets, and we are certainly not among those. As a result I feel anxious for us to win as many titles as we possibly can right now because this team simply deserves it. Our biggest and maybe even only rivals are an abomination that shouldn't exist and I am worried that only because of them, years from now this team might not be remmembered as one of the best and get the reccognition it deserves.

This is a great team, one of the best ever like I said, but I hope we'll have just a little bit of luck and beat the abomination that is Man City to the PL title, because this team deserves to have as many titles as possible and claim its place in history.

I agree, this team is doing things that no other Liverpool team has done, they are just unlucky to be playing in a time when a team like City can buy anyone, including the authorities. We could have won the league the season VVD got injured as City was much weaker and we just missed another one, also to City. We made two European finals we lost and a domestic final we also lost. Could and should have been better but trophies don’t always tell the story. I think this team plays any of our old teams and they win. I think football is more entertaining lately as the trend now seems to be more positive football rather than the defensive football that Benitez and Maureen employed.

I noticed that Klopp has also evolved as a coach. His heavy metal football has become more elegant and controlling.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:45 am

I have the same feeling actually, we remind me a bit of that great Leeds team of the late 60's early 70's who won their fair share of trophy's but finished 2nd a ridiculous number of times and lost finals including a European Cup final they should have really won.
Whilst I wouldn't go as far as to say it's now or never (we'll always be there or thereabouts just as long as we have Jürgen as manager imo) I do get the sense that this could be the last hurrah for some of our players as Father Time will be kicking in soon and whilst their form won't go off a cliff you can't help but  wonder if they'll have another season like this in them where we are still competing on all fronts with only a handful of games left.
Harland to City pretty much looks a done deal this summer as well and given the way they dominate games and the chances they create etc you suspect they'll be significantly stronger next season
As i said whilst I wouldnt exactly say it's now or never I am and I'm sure everyone else on here is fully aware that seasons like this don't come around all that often so it's  probably a good idea for us to make hay while the sun still shines.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:18 pm

ManUre finally signed their manager, now just wait for the hype. They will be in for every promising prospect, they will have a huge budget, by the time the season starts they’ll be contenders. No doubt they will improve but as long as their owners remain they will be cursed. They’ll buy marquee players to keep the fans from protesting but I’d expect they will always think this is their year like we used to. They do have so much more money than we do though.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:45 am wrote:I have the same feeling actually, we remind me a bit of that great Leeds team of the late 60's early 70's who won their fair share of trophy's but finished 2nd a ridiculous number of times and lost finals including a European Cup final they should have really won.
Whilst I wouldn't go as far as to say it's now or never (we'll always be there or thereabouts just as long as we have Jürgen as manager imo) I do get the sense that this could be the last hurrah for some of our players as Father Time will be kicking in soon and whilst their form won't go off a cliff you can't help but  wonder if they'll have another season like this in them where we are still competing on all fronts with only a handful of games left.
Harland to City pretty much looks a done deal this summer as well and given the way they dominate games and the chances they create etc you suspect they'll be significantly stronger next season
As i said whilst I wouldnt exactly say it's now or never I am and I'm sure everyone else on here is fully aware that seasons like this don't come around all that often so it's  probably a good idea for us to make hay while the sun still shines.

Yup Haaland looks dead on certain for them, image how they will be with a natural poacher up top. They are already doing well as usual so surely they will be a lot stronger. It is really difficult to compete in the league with City, we have to be perfect in order to surpass them like in 19/20. I said on another thread that it is just a shame because this team we have now under Klopp deserver a lot more titles, If Klopp just manages one EPL it would be such a shame. Anyhow fingers crossed City somehow do drop points!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:50 pm

I think Haaland will come in and upset the apple cart. There's a reason Klopp chose Minimino over Haaland after both were exceptional against us. He's gonna cost a absolute fortune, he's going to be their top earner which means they have to bump up De Bruynes wage aswell as its in his contract to match whoever the top earner is.

They have to pay his greedy agent a arm and a leg aswell.

And personally I don't think he fits the style and play City have been accustomed to for over the last 4 seasons.

They have small agile players with the ability to spin into small areas and gaps inbetween defenders.

They will have to change the way to play to play to Haalands strengths... but he did that with Lewandowski at Bayern so we'll have to see.

Hopefully it takes them awhile to get used to playing with a out and out striker and in that time we'll hopefully be 10 points clear.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:05 pm

I don't know how much more can City be improved, they're already practically an unbeatable juggernaut, but personally I think Haaland can improve them even more.

I don't want to think that far ahead though, this season we can beat them to everything and I really hope we do. The sky is the limit with the money that bunch spend and we may not be able to compete with them for much longer.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games