Liverpool vs Sheff United 19:30 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 pm

MCalister goal was cracking, player of the match, his definitely been on form recently.  We didn't play that well and almost thought we may drop points. Last 8 games are going to be difficult to watch. Long way to get yet I guess...

This is the time of the season when nerves kick in.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:43 pm

We are consistent if anything and to still have that this late on the season gives me good belief that we can pull it off.

Mc Allister MOTM and probably for the 3rd game in a row. Great strike for the goal and he could of having another from the free kick. Only for the slight header it was in. Good run from Gakpo as well for his goal which took the pressure off and killed the game.

Performance wise it wasn't great but honestly I'm struggling to remember a game where you could go wow!! We were phenomenal.  It's been performances like this all season but here we are  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:35 pm

MacAllister take a bow, what a strike :bowdown

He's almost been single handedly carrying the team like prime Gerrard these past few games. We didn't play a good game and can't keep playing like this if we want to win the league. Bun then again, like the above comment says, we've been playing like this the whole season so I guess as long as we win we can't complain.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:51 pm

Great result. Games against bottom of the league teams are very much our nemesis. We just don’t do easy !! Macca is some player. Good to see Gakpo get a goal as he has been poor as of late.

What really put the icing on the cake was seeing the Scum lose in the last few minutes of the game after coming back from being two nil down and getting it back to 3-2 and then going on to lose 4-3 after scoring an own goal in the last minute - EXCELLENT !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:58 pm

Scum will still be hyped for game on Sunday but surely to lose like that is going to hit their confidence. Second time consecutively they've messed up at the end.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:01 am

I was at the game last night, lots of fancy football again but no serious threat on goal until Mac Allister's goal! We dominated, we played well but the threat on goal isn't there. Many clubs would have buried us last night. Klopps substitute strategy outstanding again, Robbo, Curtis and Elliot made  an immediate impact.

Went to the pub a few minutes away from the ground and watched the Manu United stoppage time farce. The whole pub cheered when Chelsea got those 2 goals and put United on their ar$e.

Walking around you see what a massive business LFC has become, the number of european, asian and even american fans there has night for a midweek game was surprisingly big. There's a lot of money being made.

Onwards and upwards.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:27 am

devaney » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:51 pm wrote:Great result. Games against bottom of the league teams are very much our nemesis. We just don’t do easy !! Macca is some player. Good to see Gakpo get a goal as he has been poor as of late.

What really put the icing on the cake was seeing the Scum lose in the last few minutes of the game after coming back from being two nil down and getting it back to 3-2 and then going on to lose 4-3 after scoring an own goal in the last minute - EXCELLENT !!

:laugh:  :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:31 am

I’ll take it, despite all the nervousness we dominated. It just felt like a matter of time until one of our players showed quality and that is what happened. Along way to go and thankfully no injuries.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:34 am

It’s never easy playing teams fighting for their premier league lives/top flight status particularly at this stage of the season and to be fair to Sheffield their players did show a bit of pride in the shirt and put a decent shift in. For 30 years though i regularly watched good Liverpool teams drop points on nights exactly like last night, when crunch time came around, when it was time to put up or shut up you could pretty much set your watch by us dropping stupid points. One thing I’ll remember about the Klopp era is the resilience, bounce-back-ability…..heart……whatever you want to call it of his teams. Given the pressure on us after the previous nights results I thought we were terrific I really did
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games