MOHAMED SALAH - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:16 pm

I'm hoping Salah surpasses his best tally this season and helps us get No.20.

Salah is in fantastic form, long may it continue.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:31 pm

If FSG don't agree with Salah's term then they can fek right off. They must be contemplating on how much profit they could make off his sale rather than keeping our main asset.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:53 pm

It's a tricky one this.. we lost Gini in the same way. They are both similar age aswell. FSG must be thinking at 29 will Salah start to decline.. and if its 4 years at 400k its a huge risk.

Also like you say they would rather cash in on him now and blame his demands to win over the fans.

I think the fact its getting dragged out means we won't be renewing his contract. Not many teams can afford him, maybe only City and PSG.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:56 pm

it is very important to note that the current contract will be up when he's 32
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:35 pm

I read somewhere that the deal might already be done, they're just waiting for the right moment to announce it, for marketing reasons. Don't think it was a reliable source though, might have been somewhere on twitter. 

Not entirely sure how I feel about this whole thing to be honest. Salah is definitely our best player but I think he is asking for too much, and although the owners' unwillingness to spend can be criticized, I think they're in the right in this situation. Salah is almost 30 and should be replaced if we have the chance. I think that if a good offer for him arrives we should definitely take it. We shouldn't lose him on a free though. A tricky situation all in all.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:55 pm

You have to look at the value Salah brings to the team and he is by far the MVP but what it is going to cost to replace him. It will be more than the extra it would cost to extend his stay.  Rumours are that it's 400k he's looking for and while it is a lot of money, it's not going to make him the highest paid player in the world or even the prem for that matter.

Has he not earned it ?. At this club you have to earn your contract and no one can say he hasn't. We can talk about the age limit or whatever but that is just a cop out because he is still in his prime. We can have players like Hendo and Milner sitting well in to their 30's but not one of the best players currently in the game.

If we sell then it will strip the heart out of the team and while we will get a payday it will be used to beat the likes of Brighton, Burnley and Wolves to sign a replacement.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:36 pm

No one deserves that money.. but with so many multi billionaire owners it's become accepted. We're not run that way so I can't see the owners paying that. Hopefully we can agree something closer to 300k.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:04 pm

I beg and hope they sell him in the summer as his value will never higher and he will start to decline.
let me spell it out. He will be 32 when his 400k salary goes into force. Absolute insainty to pay a player that kind of money when they're 35.
Let make an extreme example. You do NOT negotiate a contract with a world class player who is 29 what he will earn when he's 35.
In those years the whole universe for such a player will change and it will not be the same player.

If you have a brain and owners that is willing to spend 0 money you sell Salah this summer when he still has good value and 2 years left on his contract.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:27 pm

Penguins » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:04 pm wrote:I beg and hope they sell him in the summer as his value will never higher and he will start to decline.
let me spell it out. He will be 32 when his 400k salary goes into force. Absolute insainty to pay a player that kind of money when they're 35.
Let make an extreme example. You do NOT negotiate a contract with a world class player who is 29 what he will earn when he's 35.
In those years the whole universe for such a player will change and it will not be the same player.

If you have a brain and owners that is willing to spend 0 money you sell Salah this summer when he still has good value and 2 years left on his contract.

If you had a brain mate you would know that Mo’s contract expires in the summer of 2023. Sorry to be facetious but it is a rather important point considering your argument.Just how much do you think we will get for him in the summer of 2022 if we opted to sell the clubs top asset? You would  be very lucky to get any more than £40/50m with only a year left on his contract. Just how do you work out that he will be 32 when his £400k weekly salary goes into force? Mo is 29 and surely if he were to sign a new contract tomorrow the increased weekly salary would immediately into affect or have I got that wrong? Mo keeps himself in very good shape and it would surprise me if he has got another 4 very good years left. Just explain to me what you could buy for the extra £40m that we would pay in additional salary to Mo. And just who would you replace him with because that would require very serious investment?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:28 pm

Imo it insanity to give Salah 400 k into his mid 30s. From now on he will decline every season and you will not be able to repalce him as noone will be taking on that contract.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:37 pm

It’s an interesting one selling Mo. On one hand  top teams don’t keep players too long and refresh the squad in a timely manner so it is par for the course. On the other hand he is a proven top player and selling him for 50 million would mean lightning would have to strike twice in terms of buying a good player that turns into a world class player, that doesn’t happen too often. He has consistently scored and been an effective focal point since he came. I will say that Salah is super fit, doesn’t suffer from injuries and lives a healthy life, not sure why he could not play until he is 35, he is lean and those players age well. Our front line are unique in terms of their individual ability and how they play together, it will not be easy to interchange any of those pieces without a change to results.

We are coming towards the end of this current team. We have some great young talent coming through but our forward line have all aged together and are all similarly aged. Jota has been a good addition and I was excited about Harvey Elliott before his injury, no doubt he will recover. The stage is set however for the owners to buy a top young player this summer, the money is there, the success has been realized and the value of the club has proven that success means higher value. I’m not disappointed that it would not be in January despite the need as teams are reluctant to sell in January and most big moves happen in summer understandably.Whether the owners will seize the moment is another matter, I hope they will as there is value there
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:01 pm

I somewhat agree Penguins, but who do we sell him to? The Spanish clubs are out of the equasion at the moment IMO, the rest that could afford his demands are in the Prem or PSG. We wouldn't sell him to any rival so that leavs only PSG. So the options are very limited.

I'd hate to see Salah go, he's our best player, but considering his age it would probably be best if we can sell him for a lot of money and rebuild the team with the money because obviously that's the way our owners run this club. But on the other hand, who do we sell him to? Unfortunately, if we don't offer him an improved contract, he'll most likely leave on a free when his current contract ends, as have other players done. So really our options are, we either give him what he wants or let him go on free once is contract is up.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:58 pm

Salah is one the best players to ever pull on the red shirt. And we need to do everything we reasonably can to keep him.

But we can't let him leave on a free....

Replacing him will be tough enough with the £100+ million we'd probably get. But it'll be fecking impossible with zero cash coming in.

If he signs, brilliant.  If he doesn't, we need to sell.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:44 pm

The lads birthday is end of June so he will just have turned 32 in 2023 when his current contract ends. If we extend it till 2025 he will just have turned 34 when it expires.  Just because we extend the deal doesn't mean he has to see it out. We could easily sell in 2 years and recoup the original fee plus some of the wages and that way Klopp doesn't lose his best player. 

Salah looks after himself pretty well and has been fairly robust with us so there is no reason to doubt he still wouldn't be performing in 2 years. He has a hyperbaric chamber in the gaf ffs 

Having to sell him just so we can freshen up the squad is ridiculous lads.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:55 pm

Klopp's contract expires in 2024, we need succession planning for both him and core players.  How we manage the next 2-3 years will decide whether we continue at the top level or slip back into obscurity so FSG need to budget accordingly.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion