LIVERPOOL v burnley Thur 21st Jan 8.00pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:58 pm

If we don’t win this then I think we should stop worrying about the title and start worrying about finishing in the top 4.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:11 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:58 pm wrote:If we don’t win this then I think we should stop worrying about the title and start worrying about finishing in the top 4.

It may well be a battle for top 4 if we don't win this. Look at the table...City win 6/6  as well and go top today.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:19 pm

electrum » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:11 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:58 pm wrote:If we don’t win this then I think we should stop worrying about the title and start worrying about finishing in the top 4.

It may well be a battle for top 4 if we don't win this. Look at the table...City win 6/6  as well and go top today.

Yeah we need to win to stay in touch with the 3 teams above us (United, City and Leicester), granted 2 of those 3 teams have played a game more but United sit top on 40 points, City and Leicester come next on 38 and then its us on 34. If we are not careful that 4-6 point gap could easily grow wider especially given the way we are playing and if it gets to 8-10 points we’ll have a right job on our hands to close that.
We really need to start winning, we are in danger of being tailed off.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:53 am

To think we were 5 points ahead after beating Palace, how few poor results changes it all.

Must must win if we want title, if we are to go on a run it begins now.

City have clicked at the right time and will continue to push for the title all the way.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:24 am

This is pretty much the last chance at the title so a must win. I can see City not losing a match for the rest of the season so we need to pretty much win every match if we have any hope and even then, may not be enough. Burnley are tough to score against ( except if you are city  :glare: ) and we can’t seem to score.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:42 pm

We need 3 points off these big time. No room for complacency or we will get punished.

If Matip is fit I would be tempted to leave Hendo alongside him and push Fab back into the midfield. Reason is that we will more than likely control possession and Fabs distribution and presence in midfield is what we need back.

We need to approach this with intent to win. None of this hold the ball shyte were it takes 70minutes to even get a meaningful shot on target.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:17 pm

Isn't better to release Hendo so he can push forward and create more problems for defenders / space for Mo-Bobby?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:55 pm

Reg » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:17 pm wrote:Isn't better to release Hendo so he can push forward and create more problems for defenders / space for Mo-Bobby?

Creativity is probably the weakest aspect of Hendo’s game, he picks the odd pass out every now and again but most of the time.....i mean, I’m sure he’s aiming for someone but it looks a lot like hit and hope from where I’m sitting.
I think RTID makes a good point about us faffing around and not getting shots on target, we need to start shooting on sight, if you don’t shoot you don’t score and when you have a pop anything can happen - deflections, handballs, kind bounces to the feet of one of your own players etc etc
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:03 pm

HENDO NOT EVEN IN THE SQUAD... MINOR INJURY

Very interesting line up - would never have guessed that - Salah and Firmino dropped to the bench..needed to kick their
a--es IMO

LIVERPOOL TEAM NEWS

Starting XI: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Fabinho, Robertson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Thiago, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Origi, Mane.

Subs: Kelleher, Milner, Firmino, Salah, Jones, Minamino, Tsimikas, Phillips, Williams.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:12 pm

Come on red men, no more draws. Let's get this title defence back on track!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:44 pm

Poor enough half in fairness and Origi is just awful.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:44 pm

Origi should have buried that one on one.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:49 pm

We are cursed! I remember a time when we used to score goals...

It has been a poor watch and I struggle to see us score. Given a gift and can't do shyte, we are trying to shoot but it is all over the place.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:51 pm

What the F##k is going on here honestly? Barnes barges Fabinho in the back then goes down like he's been shot.. The players all argue like Fabinho has done something. It goes to VAR and there's absolutely NOTHING there.. If anything a foul on Fab and what does the ref do? He gives Fabinho a booking. Joke!

No wonder Klopp is on the verge of a mental breakdown.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:53 pm

Origi shooting like he’s taking a f*cking free kick around a wall. f*cking roll it in!
I can’t figure out what happened at the end? All I saw was the burnley player clearly running into the back of Fab not playing the ball, and then a bunch of players got upset. Then commentators are yelling something about a red card.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games