We are TOP of the league thread - 2019/20 edition

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:26 pm

Too wins from two in the league and another trophy for the boys with the Super Cup win.

And Spuds drew with City, which means we're TOP of the LEAGUE 

Not a bad week, no?  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:22 pm

Lol mate please don't do this to us. :D

The last thing i want is to monitor all this right now. I'd wait until Jan time.

However saying that the way City are we basically have to try and win every game.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:33 pm

Daft thread, tempting fate.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:12 am

Have faith fella, the sight of Man City melting down in only their second game tells me this season will be very different  :nod

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:21 am

redshade » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:22 pm wrote:Lol mate please don't do this to us. :D

The last thing i want is to monitor all this right now. I'd wait until Jan time.

More like March
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:25 pm

:p  :p
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:34 pm

:D well you've defo cursed it now. Lol
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:42 pm

Boom!
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:11 am

Whilst a loss and a draw would change everything, it's surprising how badly other teams are playing which exaggerates our start to the season. Spurs should have started the season on a high after their CL Final performance last year but seem to be as confused and uncertain as always, Arsenal are actually doing quite well in the early ex-Wenger period (compare with ManU's meltdown post Rednose), Chelsea are weak and off the boil and United are a disgrace. The amount of money they've spent since Rednose left and they can't play any better than Southampton, Leicester etc...?

At some stage these clubs might get their act together as top four challengers but I don't see them as top 2 and the danger of that is we slip in a La Liga situation of Real and Barca dominating and the others becoming irrelevant.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:16 pm

:lookaround
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:43 am

Reg » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:11 am wrote:Whilst a loss and a draw would change everything, it's surprising how badly other teams are playing which exaggerates our start to the season. Spurs should have started the season on a high after their CL Final performance last year but seem to be as confused and uncertain as always, Arsenal are actually doing quite well in the early ex-Wenger period (compare with ManU's meltdown post Rednose), Chelsea are weak and off the boil and United are a disgrace. The amount of money they've spent since Rednose left and they can't play any better than Southampton, Leicester etc...?

At some stage these clubs might get their act together as top four challengers but I don't see them as top 2 and the danger of that is we slip in a La Liga situation of Real and Barca dominating and the others becoming irrelevant.

It might, and there is a high possibility that we will drop points in the coming weeks, but as long as we keep our focus and we get good results from now till May then we have a very good chance of winning this thing!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:01 pm

Five points clear after six games is a fantastic achievement. We've also dispatched Arsenal at home and Chelsea away in those games. 

Worth noting that City have had the easier opener. And even then they fluffed their lines against Spurs. Will be interesting to see where we both are in the table when we meet in the league in November.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:35 pm

Problem is that teams seem to roll over for City so they will have easy matches. They are a flat track bully
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:54 pm

kazza » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:35 pm wrote:Problem is that teams seem to roll over for City so they will have easy matches. They are a flat track bully

Did Norwich not get the memo?  :D
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:28 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:54 pm wrote:
kazza » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:35 pm wrote:Problem is that teams seem to roll over for City so they will have easy matches. They are a flat track bully

Did Norwich not get the memo?  :D

New kids on the block  :D
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion