The friday five - This weeks edition

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:06 pm

Ok folks, it's a bit quiet on here today so here is this weeks installment, courtesy of Sem from talklfc.com.

1. Who would you like to see appointed to the Board of directors now that Noel White has left?

2. Realistically speaking, will Jermaine Pennant ever last more than two seasons at Anfield?

3. Which of our former strikers from the last 5 seasons would you like us to buy back - excluding michael owen - and why?

4. Crouch and Kuyt have been an effective partnership at home. Will it work just as well away?

5. What positives and negatives do you see from a foriegn investor buying the club?

BONUS QUESTION:

The 'sport' of diving has been included in the 2012 Olympics. The finalists are:

Arjen Robben representing the Nederlandsche
Luith Garthia on behalf of Thpain
Andy Johnson of Grate Britown
Francesco Totti representing Mussolini
Rivaldo playing for Saarf America

Who would win and what would be their signature move?

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:15 pm

stmichael wrote:Ok folks, it's a bit quiet on here today so here is this weeks installment, courtesy of Sem from talklfc.com.

1. Who would you like to see appointed to the Board of directors now that Noel White has left?

2. Realistically speaking, will Jermaine Pennant ever last more than two seasons at Anfield?

3. Which of our former strikers from the last 5 seasons would you like us to buy back - excluding michael owen - and why?

4. Crouch and Kuyt have been an effective partnership at home. Will it work just as well away?

5. What positives and negatives do you see from a foriegn investor buying the club?

BONUS QUESTION:

The 'sport' of diving has been included in the 2012 Olympics. The finalists are:

1. Me.

2. Only if he pulls his socks up and stops going on the razz.

3. None. Because they are sh*t.

4. There's no reason why not. As long as our style remains similiar.

5. Positive: Money. Negative: It's not our way.

Bonus:

Robben. He'd do 18 flips, 48 somersaults and then land in the water crying like a baby girl with a skinned knee when the splash hits him.

All this is because he is a poof. A disgusting, dutch bender.

I thank you.  :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:25 pm

stmichael wrote:Ok folks, it's a bit quiet on here today so here is this weeks installment, courtesy of Sem from talklfc.com.

BONUS QUESTION:

1. I dont know nothing about suits, I struggle enough with football  :D .But I suppose someone who can keep his mouth shut to the media would be a good start.

2. Yes I think Pennant could realistically last more than two seasons, especially if he keeps out of trouble and concertrates on his football, he's only 23 and I think he has more to offer to the game.

3. Well for me its got to be Jari Litmanen, he's knocking on a bit now so thats probably out of the question. But he was a classy player in the Garcia mould yet more consistent, we should never of got rid of him.

4. Yes their partnership can work away from home, Crouch is the perfect player for away games as he's so good at holding the ball up. If the midfield are creative enough and can supply them with quality then I cant see why there is no reason it can't work.

5. Positives, funding, and a possible market in shirt sales etc from wherever he he/she maybe.
Negatives, The lack of culter and tradition for LFC possibly. It could possibly turn out to be a toy for someone with so much money (see Cheski) Although Abrahimovich has brought success it contradicts the culture and tradition of LFC IMO.

6. Robben, apparently thats the only chance the Netherlands have  got in getting a gold at the next olympics.
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:37 pm

1 Kenny Dalglish

2 no.

3 Heskey to solve our left wing problem

4 they may be a little short of pace for away games, perhaps with a speedy winger (gonzales) it might work.

5 Positives - short term money and maybe a few signings. Negatives - Higher ticket prices and huge debts when they leave.

Bonus question - Robben from the options given, but really I would go for that diving tw@t Ronaldo. Just seeing his face screwing up in pretended pain makes me hate him more and more!
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:47 pm

Heskey to solve our left wing problem

Round peg square hole
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:50 pm

Bamaga man wrote:

Round peg square hole

big peg, big hole  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:03 pm

i think my answers would be pretty similar to those above already.

1. Dont really know too much about boardroom antics, but anyone who has genuine love for the club, and does not like talking to the media!

2. Really does depend. he is young, and he's only had a few starts in a red shirt so far. if he works hard and inproves then i see no reason why not, but if the money comes in then i think rafa will buy a better RW.

3. Litmanen was by far and away the best striker (exluding owen) we've let go in the last 5 years. (in terms of performing for us that is, as i dont doubt the quality of morientes)

4. yes. they are the in-form strikers and there is no reason why they cant perform away from home.

5. (pretty much the same as comments above)

+ money, in terems of funding the new stadium, transfer fees, and wages.
- may not be in the best interests of the club - it could become all about profit

bonus question! -

gold: Robben
Silver: Totti
Bronze: Rivaldo
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:04 pm

s@int wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

Round peg square hole

big peg... 'a' hole  :D
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:28 pm

BONUS QUESTION:

1. Somebody with a good mind for business to do a better job of marketing the club than the current useless bunch of ugly thick haemorrhoids! Also an understanding of the LFC way would be a massive advantage.

2. As with all young players he's got potential but he needs to start working a bit harder on the pitch - and maybe get rid of the big bouffont too.  :p  I think after a couple of seasons he will improve as I think he might just be struggling to adapt to being a small fish in the big pond at the mo.

3. Sean Dundee

Like Lando, none of 'em. The only ex-striker I'd like back is a 23 year old GOD!

4. If we can play our natural game away from Anfield then I'd say absolutely, but we just don't seem to be going away from home this season and stamping our authority on games.

5. Positives from a foreign investor are that they could probably open up a whole new market for the club to exploit and naturally you'd expect that they'd bring plenty of investment with them; which not being the LFC way appears to be the way the game is going today.
Negatives are all the usual things like being a play thing, not knowing the clubs stature and history and possibly destablising the club either financially or on the pitch. However I don't think we should be quick to write off people like Robert Kraft. Yes I'm wary of these big business guys interferring in the club but he appears to have a record of allowing the teams he owns to continue doing things how they've always done 'em.

BONUS ONE.
Without a shadow of a doubt - Arsehole Robben. He's a dead cert for the gold and I believe that bookie from Manchestooorrr  :)  has already started  paying out on himas he's convinced there's no way anyone can beat him.

GOLD - A Robben
Silver - A Johnson (Dicks always go down eventually!  :D )
bronze - Luith Garthia (Needs a breath of wind on final day for help!  :p ).
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mattylfc » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:39 pm

1. Dalglish

2. Too early to tell with Pennant, i thought with his first couple of appearances he would be a good signing but since then he has been a bit disappointing to be honest.  He really needs to turn it round pretty quick if he wants to be in the long term plans, Rafa doesnt carry dead wood.

3. Morientes. I really wanted nando to be a big star at Liverpool and i thought he would be.  He has all the quality, it just didnt happen for him which was a real shame.  He's bangin them in agian now which is good to see, just wish it was in a red shirt.

4. Definately think the partnership can work away from home. They're both good target men and you always fancy one of them to get a goal.

5. Positives - Funding, global awareness,possible feeder clubs.
   Negatives - As lando said, its not our way.  Interest is purely business based, no heart.

Bonus:

A. Johnson - High winds are always likely to put him to the ground.
mattylfc

Postby red37 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:47 pm

BONUS QUESTION:

1. Kenny Dalglish

2. 2 seasons will be ample enough rope for the lad to either climb up it triumphantly or swing from it until it snaps. i have some optimism..just about.

3. Jari Litmanen. even to this day im sure his experience could have been of some benefit, not necessarily only on the pitch either.

4. Crouch is a weapon of threat to any defence, home or away. he does need a partner hanging around his space though to be effective on the road. not just dumped on his own in no-mans land. for me either Bellamy or Kuyt can provide that option to unlock the puzzle.

5. we know it can work harmoniously given the right circumstances. thats why it is taking so long for the club to commit. that considered and the pitfalls when it goes t.its up, the way Hearts have suffered, should be fair warning enough, that the price of failure is of massive consequence...
i hope the club and Mr.Moores continue to be shrewd in relinquishing the family silver just yet..it is vital the security of the club is guaranteed first. as for who that is going to be? time will tell.

BONUS: Robben and his "two-handed throat grab combo" take my first prize...closely followed by Ronaldo (circus boy). strange to see Mr Drogba omitted from the choices  ???

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby NiftyNeil » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:12 pm

s@int wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

Round peg square hole

No matter how big the hole was, the big peg would be bound to miss.  :D
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coddy » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:50 pm

BONUS QUESTION:

1. Dunno, But he'd better keep his head down!

2. Only if he stays fit and improves a little

3. Vladimir Smicer (but Younger) - Although not a proven Striker, it was apparently his best position. Houllier didnt let him show his true colours.

4. With a size 10 up their :censored:, yes.

5. + Disposable Income, A Better Stadium
    - Ticket Price surge, Changing the Squad (again), trying to keep afloat if investors sell out. It's not the LFC way. LFC Plc doesnt sound right.

Rivaldo - Kick him in the Shins and he'll hold his hands high.........
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion