We are TOP of the league thread - 2019/20 edition

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:08 am

Reg » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:57 am wrote:For those of you who struggle with numbers, here's the league positions explained Thai style:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1194647386108370944


:laugh:
User avatar
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 4590
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:06 pm
Location: Third rock from the sun

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:55 pm

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  11 points
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
User avatar
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 12126
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:04 pm
Location: Here, there, everywhere

Postby devaney » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:00 pm

Enjoy the 11 !!

We all know it will be 8 points after the bitters gift Leicester  3 points ☹️☹️
JUST A REMINDER !!
Net Spend since 2016:
LFC £65m (last 6 years £131m)
Everton £186m (last 6 years £250m)
Arsenal £235m
Spurs £125m
Chelsea £201m
Man City £432m !!!!  (last 6 years £565m)
Man United £353m !! (last 6 years £485m)
devaney
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:12 am
Location: Liverpool

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:58 pm

11 points or not I'm not taking anything for granted, a couple of bad injuries to say VVD and Mane would sink our title challenge completely imo, and even with those 2 we aren't playing that well atm.
That said if Jurgen can add the league title to last years CL he will undoubtedly go down as an all time great at this club. Remember at this club it's not necessarily about the number of trophies you win but the circumstances in which you win them, that's why Billy Liddell with just 1 league title and no cups to his name is one of the greatest figures in our 130 year history.
If Jurgen can lift that millstone from around the clubs neck by facing down the richest club in the history of the sport then he will have achieved true sporting greatness. The fact that he's had to bounce back from the heartbreak of losing the league by a point and a traumatic CL final loss (not to mention EL and LC final losses) just shows the character of the man.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 10675
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby kazza » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:24 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:58 pm wrote:11 points or not I'm not taking anything for granted, a couple of bad injuries to say VVD and Mane would sink our title challenge completely imo, and even with those 2 we aren't playing that well atm.
That said if Jurgen can add the league title to last years CL he will undoubtedly go down as an all time great at this club. Remember at this club it's not necessarily about the number of trophies you win but the circumstances in which you win them, that's why Billy Liddell with just 1 league title and no cups to his name is one of the greatest figures in our 130 year history.
If Jurgen can lift that millstone from around the clubs neck by facing down the richest club in the history of the sport then he will have achieved true sporting greatness. The fact that he's had to bounce back from the heartbreak of losing the league by a point and a traumatic CL final loss (not to mention EL and LC final losses) just shows the character of the man.

This!
User avatar
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 4590
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:06 pm
Location: Third rock from the sun

Postby Franky000 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:58 pm wrote:The fact that he's had to bounce back from the heartbreak of losing the league by a point and a traumatic CL final loss (not to mention EL and LC final losses) just shows the character of the man.


This is what's impressed me the most - how he's managed to pick himself and the team back up again after those defeats. An inability to process, learn and move on from defeat is what destroyed pochettino in the end. He probably still has nightmares about Madrid.
Franky000
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:22 pm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:31 pm

Everton 1-0 up at HT, if it stays like that we won't just be 11 points clear of City, we'll be 11 points clear of everyone!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 10675
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Boocity » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:00 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:31 pm wrote:Everton 1-0 up at HT, if it stays like that we won't just be 11 points clear of City, we'll be 11 points clear of everyone!


Yes but theyre sh!t and just conceded when they had so many chances to make it 2-0
User avatar
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 4234
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:13 am
Location: Abu Dhabi

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:42 pm

Not being funny but Ineacho looked off to me, don't get me wrong it was tight, but he looked off. Those VAR lines are jarg as fv.ck.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 10675
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Boocity » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:14 pm

I agree, looked off from the word go
User avatar
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 4234
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:13 am
Location: Abu Dhabi

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:13 pm

Leicester will get top 4 this season under Brendan, they are playing with more belief and freedom; however, I can't see them pushing us all the way.
If both teams keep wining and Leicester somehow manage to beat us, they could be 5 points adrift.

Long way to go yet but from our perspective "We keep marching on". Continue wining games and keep piling the pressure on the rest.
redshade
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 4404
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Postby devaney » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:52 am

Come on lads you sound like City supporters moaning about the VAR lines. Lets just say it was an incredibly tight decision and doesn't the attacking player get the benefit of the doubt in any event. What I'm far more concerned about is players reacting to the linesman flag and then VAR overuling the linesman. Pickford certainly had a hell of a lot to say about the decision.
JUST A REMINDER !!
Net Spend since 2016:
LFC £65m (last 6 years £131m)
Everton £186m (last 6 years £250m)
Arsenal £235m
Spurs £125m
Chelsea £201m
Man City £432m !!!!  (last 6 years £565m)
Man United £353m !! (last 6 years £485m)
devaney
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:12 am
Location: Liverpool

Postby parchpea » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:18 pm

I remember us being 13 points behind on Boxing Day and winning the league. We must continue to be relentless nothing is guaranteed. We've still to visit Leicester and Manchester City.
parchpea
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 4013
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:13 am

Postby devaney » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:14 pm

Weren’t Newcastle 14 points ahead of United when Keegan came out with his famous quote !!
JUST A REMINDER !!
Net Spend since 2016:
LFC £65m (last 6 years £131m)
Everton £186m (last 6 years £250m)
Arsenal £235m
Spurs £125m
Chelsea £201m
Man City £432m !!!!  (last 6 years £565m)
Man United £353m !! (last 6 years £485m)
devaney
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:12 am
Location: Liverpool

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 12 guests

  • Advertisement
cron
Online Shop Builder Sell online and/or ePOS Till System sell in-store ShopTill-e provides you everything you need... With ShopTill-e you can sell everywhere it's a true Multichannel Retailing system!