The stadium

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby the lone wolf » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:31 pm

Reg » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:04 am wrote:So why did Arsenal build a new stadium?

The post-Taylor capacity of Highbury was limited to 38,419, while Arsenal's success during the 1990s and 2000s meant that virtually every home match was filled to near capacity.[22] Restrictions, such as the East Stand's status as a listed building and the fact the stadium was surrounded on all sides by a residential area, made any future expansion of Highbury difficult and expensive.[23] Eventually Arsenal decided to leave Highbury and construct a new stadium, the Emirates Stadium in nearby Ashburton Grove, which opened in July 2006. Arsenal's offices were moved to a new building, Highbury House, which was named in commemoration of the former stadium.[24]

The Emirates, is an association football stadium located in Islington, North London, England. It is the current home of Arsenal Football Club. At a capacity of 60,361, the Emirates is the third-largest football stadium in England after Wembley and Old Trafford and fourth-largest in the United Kingdom.

Anfield's capacity is only 7,000 more than the old Highbury.  We need a 60-65,000 seater and Arsenal had the same local community issues we have etc..

I don't buy into this 300 million for 15,000 seats Sh*t, either people have the vision to see what you can achieve with a new stadium or they haven't.

I

And win nothing for 7 years because the 'new' highbury lacks soul and vision?

I read what your saying - but each case must be taken individually. We are not Arsenal, set up in the North of London are we..?

Ultimately, let's face it - this is why (apart from funds) none of us own Football clubs! We have to show patience and respect to those who do. Respect is earned, so we'll have to wait and see what the conclusion is? If they F@ck it up then we can moan!!!!! LOAD!!!!!!!!!!
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby D___C » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:42 pm

Reg » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:23 am wrote:Its not my words mate, the council have refused LFC permission to expand Anfield as local infrastructure isn't sufficient according to 'elf and safety' to cope with the increased numbers. The solution the council and the club came up with to suit the townplanners was to move to the park.

That was 5 years ago so I struggle to see how the owners can now talk of redevloping Anfield unless they've compromised on capacity. ie a redeveloped Anfield can only hold 55,000 against a Stanley Park stadium would receive permission for 70,000 etc...

You said it yourself...that was 5 years ago. A lot can change in 5 years.

Main stand and Anfield rd end.... 15,000 can easily be incorporated into a redevelopment of both stands. This would also see the necessary corporate facilities implemented into the stadium and a capacity of 60k which is more than sufficient. An iconic stadium at half the price of a soulless bowl that would financially cripple us. Yes please.
D___C

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:31 pm

According to The Echo there is a £150m application to redevelop Anfield on the cards before next season:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... ds-4186741
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:48 pm

Wish they'd get a f'cking move on.

In my FM game we've just developed Anfield into "Waygood Park" an all seater 99,713 capacity stadium   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dundreamin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:37 am

Another issue that's getting on my t.its. WE are going to do this BLAH BLAH. We are going to do that BLAH BLAH. YAAAAAWWWWWNNNNNN
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:23 am

dundreamin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:37 am wrote:Another issue that's getting on my t.its. WE are going to do this BLAH BLAH. We are going to do that BLAH BLAH. YAAAAAWWWWWNNNNNN

You. Can't do nothing without purchase orders for the houses we wish to demolish.

Each and every property will go through negotiation on value or even whether they want to sell, it takes lots of time.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:41 am

SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:23 am wrote:
dundreamin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:37 am wrote:Another issue that's getting on my t.its. WE are going to do this BLAH BLAH. We are going to do that BLAH BLAH. YAAAAAWWWWWNNNNNN

You. Can't do nothing without purchase orders for the houses we wish to demolish.

Each and every property will go through negotiation on value or even whether they want to sell, it takes lots of time.

I read somewhere the club were trying to rip these dwellers off.

On a side note, I've just come across picture plans to redevelop Anfield.

Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:54 am

There was talk that more information would be given during the summer and that the club were close to buying the houses from the owners
Benny The Noon

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion