John Terry Trial begins

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Gerrard30391 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:51 pm

They are more stupid than I originally gave them credit for. How did they ever think (if found guilty) giving him a different punishment to Suarez wasn't going to cause uproar!?
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:24 pm

Suprised they didn't include an extra 4 game ban for Suarez for starting this whole thing that made them punish their Three Lions hero.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

message to the kids; don't call a black person 'negrito', call them a 'fúcking black kunt' - its obviously nowhere near as bad...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:03 pm

Suarez was giving extra games for repeated Alledged abuse.

Last season someone else was charged with racist abuse and was given a 4 game ban.
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Honestly, I'm surprised that they even punished him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:12 pm

I thought Suarez was found guilty of saying "Negrito" only once Benny?

As per the official sham of a report.
Last edited by eds on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:14 pm

I am truly lost for words, surely FIFA needs to charge the FA for bringing the game into disrepute.  :eyebrow

Is there any way UEFA can step in? This decision is just plain WRONG?

Hope our lads can begin a chant about this injustice..............
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Greavesie » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:16 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:03 pm wrote:Suarez was giving extra games for repeated Alledged abuse.

Last season someone else was charged with racist abuse and was given a 4 game ban.

Wasn't there only evidence of use of the word once in Suarez' case? As I recall there was no TV evidence of anything and the only evidence of use of the word in question was Suarez admitting it he said it once
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Greavesie » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:17 pm

andy_g » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm wrote:message to the kids; don't call a black person 'negrito', call them a 'fúcking black kunt' - its obviously nowhere near as bad...

Just don't touch anyone when you do it
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:38 am

Gary Lineker raised a good question: "The FA find John Terry guilty and give him a four-match ban and 220K fine. Just one game more than a regular red card?".

Im not going to buy into this Suarez commented several times BS as he only said it once, according to the FA report.

One thing that bothers me is, im angry that he only got a 4 game ban, but im bewildered as to why he got a much bigger fine. He was charged with the same thing Suarez was charged with, so why isnt it the same punishment?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:26 am

Kharhaz » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:38 am wrote:Gary Lineker raised a good question: "The FA find John Terry guilty and give him a four-match ban and 220K fine. Just one game more than a regular red card?".

Im not going to buy into this Suarez commented several times BS as he only said it once, according to the FA report.

One thing that bothers me is, im angry that he only got a 4 game ban, but im bewildered as to why he got a much bigger fine. He was charged with the same thing Suarez was charged with, so why isnt it the same punishment?

I don't think your Robinson Crusoe with size of the fine query. I'm also bewildered by Desailly slamming FA over losing him as English captain and having a pop at Stevie G leadership qualities
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:41 am

Greavesie » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:16 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:03 pm wrote:Suarez was giving extra games for repeated Alledged abuse.

Wasn't there only evidence of use of the word once in Suarez' case? As I recall there was no TV evidence of anything and the only evidence of use of the word in question was Suarez admitting it he said it once

That's what I thought. patrice evra supposedly had the same claim throughout, but changed it to "Oh he didn't say it 10 times I was just using that as an example." He only said it once, but now they claim he's said it multiple times just to justify jt's ban...

And I read that the fine is a lot more because it's based on salary.  They were both fined the same percentage of their salary or something like that.  I imagine 1-2 weeks wages since Suarez was 70-80? and jt was fined 220k because that's probably what he makes in a week or two.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:45 am

ethanr » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:41 am wrote:
Greavesie » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:16 pm wrote:

That's what I thought. patrice evra supposedly had the same claim throughout, but changed it to "Oh he didn't say it 10 times I was just using that as an example." He only said it once, but now they claim he's said it multiple times just to justify jt's ban...

And I read that the fine is a lot more because it's based on salary.  They were both fined the same percentage of their salary or something like that.  I imagine 1-2 weeks wages since Suarez was 70-80? and jt was fined 220k because that's probably what he makes in a week or two.

Suarez was on 35 K and got a 40 K fine.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion